Jay Adams On Peter Konzs

jdawg4876

on jays's podcast they have a buy or sell segment, and a question came across and it was is peter konzs a liability on the o line. Jay sold that idea and said peter is nothing but an asset. he went on to say that mudd duck and claybo also have said he is playing at a great level and not at all at a rookie. Jay pointed out after the eagles game that peter shut down cullen jenkins, but when he spoke to peter after the game, konzs said he thought he did terrible and could be a lot better. it just goes to show you peter konz's work ethic

I say we need to pick up another Blue Chip O Lineman in the first

if no other top rated Defensive player is available, or try to trade back

and clean up in the second round.

If we build the best O Line to Protect Ryan we will stay on top for a long time.

Walter Football has us picking 32nd and the LT from Bama to take over at RG

Konz takes over at Center.

I say we need to pick up another Blue Chip O Lineman in the first

if no other top rated Defensive player is available, or try to trade back

and clean up in the second round.

If we build the best O Line to Protect Ryan we will stay on top for a long time.

Exactly my thoughts. We should draft the best (and hopefully biggest) interior lineman available. The DE class is deep, we can find good talent in the second round. Our first pick should go towards improving the line once again. If we have one of the best O-Lines in the league, we'll have one of the best offenses in the league.

I also think we should draft speed on offense in this draft, such as Kenjon Barner, but that's a different subject.

Yeah so far very encouraging. If we can finally put together a "dominant" offensive line the NFL better look out. We had it rolling the years we had Dahl for whatever reason. I would so like to just get back to that level even though the O-line has done a "decent" job overall so far except run blocking which is still very shaky.

i am all for another O lineman but we've still yet to see what Holmes and PK Manley bring to the table. Also Hawley is possibly due another run out just to see if he is serviceable at Centre etc I think Johnson is perhaps the lowest grade talent wise. Svitek also would be back and hopefully has 2 years as a super sub left in him.

All in all we have done pretty well on O line weapons they have to keep gelling within their panapoly of different line ups. This should be the form more after thius game versus the saints IMO. Start blooding more of the fringe squad members in rotation

Exactly my thoughts. We should draft the best (and hopefully biggest) interior lineman available. The DE class is deep, we can find good talent in the second round. Our first pick should go towards improving the line once again. If we have one of the best O-Lines in the league, we'll have one of the best offenses in the league.

I also think we should draft speed on offense in this draft, such as Kenjon Barner, but that's a different subject.

Im thinking:

1. The best DE or OL available (Whichever position has a better a more talented player)

2. The best DE or OL available (depending on what we did in 1st round)

3. RB.

4. TE (I also think we should find a solid vet., even if it requires a trade)

5-7. Best available

Im really liking Konz. I dont think i've ever seen such a big change in the run game made by changing one player on the line (although im sure its happened before). However, i also thought Turner looked good these past 2 weeks, especially vs Dallas. He looked so much quicker at times i had to make sure it was him running the ball.

Im really looking forward to seeing the run game take off in the next half of the season. I hoping so, anyway:)

Edited by Exp

on jays's podcast they have a buy or sell segment, and a question came across and it was is peter konzs a liability on the o line. Jay sold that idea and said peter is nothing but an asset. he went on to say that mudd duck and claybo also have said he is playing at a great level and not at all at a rookie. Jay pointed out after the eagles game that peter shut down cullen jenkins, but when he spoke to peter after the game, konzs said he thought he did terrible and could be a lot better. it just goes to show you peter konz's work ethic

I rewatched him for most of the Cowboys game and I was a bit concerned he would give up so much ground on the bullrush by some unknown DT. I think at this point he is more worried about keeping the guy in front of him on pass protection than holding the line. Quite a few times Konz was backing into Ryan. I'm guessing Ryan taking the lesser of two evils simply is aware of his technique and is prepared to move left or right. I was just prefer for Konz to not give up so much ground so Ryan could step up in the pocket. This is still much better than guys who flat out get beat especially on the interior and there is only maybe 3 steps to the QB. I don't think he is there yet but I do like how he compensates giving Ryan some predictability. I think the Oline overall has been much better this year and glad to see Baker getting better. I do think after Jaquizz whiffed on his chipblock last week that almost put Ryan on IR they should have lined him up before practice and let Willy Mo and Dunta take a few shots at him to emphasize the importance of "everyone" blocking that does not have a football in their hands.

I finally found time this morning to write the story I've been wanting to write all week about Konz. I included the quotes from Clabo and McClure. Konz is one impressive individual. Such a hard worker and has that lunch-pail mentality when he comes to work.

Click here to read my post on Peter Konz

Well done Jay. I'm excited and thankful we have him. I heard he can squat the world. How is he progressing on upper body strength? Any idea?

Well done Jay. I'm excited and thankful we have him. I heard he can squat the world. How is he progressing on upper body strength? Any idea?

He's getting there. Strong dude overall, but he makes up for any perceived weakness with nastiness. He's going to have some people reminded of Dahl with his style of play.

I finally found time this morning to write the story I've been wanting to write all week about Konz. I included the quotes from Clabo and McClure. Konz is one impressive individual. Such a hard worker and has that lunch-pail mentality when he comes to work.

Click here to read my post on Peter Konz

Great read, Jay! I think almost all of us on TATF were really eager to see Konz break into the OL when the season started. Hate the injury to Reynolds, but glad Konz has finally gotten the chance to make an impact. He's been everything I hoped he would be, and he's only going to get better and better. Great pick TD!