Why Do Falcons Fans Cry For More Respect From The Media?

Flip Wilson

I average about 2 to 3 hours a day of listening to Sirius NFL radio. In years past, I always wanted more Falcons conversation and their just were not a lot of people who called in to talk Falcons football. Maybe that was a good thing because over the last several weeks there have been many Falcon fans to call the shows that I listen to. All but one or two of them called to protest for more respect from the national media. Enough already! Why should we care what the national media says or thinks? As a fan base why do we need affirmation?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you deserve it you deserve it, you guys are the only 8-0 undefeated team.

So you deserve the attention, good job so far.

If you lose Sunday though realize this, they will hammer your team for being weak and the poor little Saints beat you.

Thats the way media is.

Edited by asaintferlife

When you deserve it you deserve it, you guys are the only 8-0 undefeated team.

So you deserve the attention, good job so far.

If you lose Sunday though realize this, they will hammer your team for being weak and the poor little Saints beat you.

Thats the way media is.

true.. but thats not going to happen tho

I don't think the Falcons players really care but Tony Gonzalez has went on record of saying he feels disrespected by a lack of coverage. Roddy only brought it up cause he was asked. it don't seem like the guys are sticking their chests out and tooting their own horns. I saw Mike Pete & Todd McClure both say that this week we're 0-0. while it would be good to see my favorite team get a little respect for their accomplishment, it doesn't mean anything until we get a play-off win. we've been through this before and came up short so I understand cause in all honesty I wanna see how we do in the post season

Because Manning, Tebow/Sanchez, or Luck coverage is not as interesting to me as Falcons coverage would be. Doesn't seem too difficult to understand.

If that's the case, you would think that falcons fans who call the shows might ask falcons related football questions rather than ask "WHy dA y'aLl nOT gIVe the FAlconS anY CreDit?".,

I'm not crying for respect, but it is pretty odd to me to watch an hour long show like "Inside the NFL", and see them not only skip Atlanta in the picks section, but not actually mention the Falcons at all on the entire hour long show.

They did have like a 10 minute interview with Jay Cutler though.

I wish people would figure out the difference between respect and attention. We get a lot of respect, what we don't get is attention. The Jets get practically no respect yet they get tons of attention.

Is it clear now?

I don't know man, did you see Collinsworth's back and forth with Hines Ward the other night? I wasn't exactly feeling the respect. It was funny though.

I'm not crying for respect, but it is pretty odd to me to watch an hour long show like "Inside the NFL", and see them not only skip Atlanta in the picks section, but not actually mention the Falcons at all on the entire hour long show.

They showed highlights of the game but it was more about Romo and Dallas then us. They did give Quizz a little loving, showing him kill the dreams of the Dallas bench with his two last runs.

I like to think it was Collinsworth who steered the conversation away from Atlanta. He was obviously disgusted by us winning Sunday night.

This is the part that bothers me too. One day last week they reported every 20 minutes on every news show that the Tebow sighting in Florida had nothing to do with a trade. So basically their top story was that there was no story.

They showed highlights of the game but it was more about Romo and Dallas then us. They did give Quizz a little loving, showing him kill the dreams of the Dallas bench with his two last runs.

I like to think it was Collinsworth who steered the conversation away from Atlanta. He was obviously disgusted by us winning Sunday night.

Yeah, but other than the prepared highlights, the guys in the studio didn't mention Atlanta at all. I fell asleep for the picks portion but somebody else told me they didn't do Atlanta's game.

Same for me, Inside the NFL use to be a good show but now it is nothing but a verbal jabfest between Collinsworth(jackass) and Sims with James Brown always throwing in a Redskins reference in almost every topic.

Edited by DawnOfThemBirds

I am normally a lot more tolerant of Collinsworth than most people, but the way he acted the other night was just assinine.

Not only the bit with Hines Ward, but in the 4th quarter he was just like "Now all the Cowboys have to do is get the ball back and go down and score and they win".......like it was just going to be easy because they were the better team.

It was wierd man, with a team being 7-0 being disregarded that blatantly.