Have We Ever Lost....

Sean0708

In my memory, no, I don't believe we've ever lost to a losing team at the time of the game. (EDIT: apparently I'm wrong, see further in thread, lol.)

But you can throw all that kind of thing out when it comes to Saints/Falcons. Look at the game in '09 where WE were well within reach in the final minutes despite our starting quarterback AND runningback (and about five other starters) being on the bench.

I've been saying it all week. Get ready for a war in Nawlins!!!

Twice actually Tampa in 2008 Matt's first away game Bucs were 0-1, & the game i believe kept us out of the playoffs in 2009. A loss to Carolina, they were 3-5 at the time & it was a game we had no business losing. We lost a couple to .500 teams (Saints 2008, Bucs 2011) & opening day losses to teams that were 0-0 but none since 2009, that's taking care of business

Edited by Rajhae Battle

Saints fan here, looking forward to a great game between great rivalries.

Hoping for no injuries, but a very interesting game.

Thanks

You sure you're a Saints fan? You sound like a really nice person. biggrin.png (I kid, I kid!!!!!)

In all seriousness, I really enjoy having opposing fans on here if it's about the football.

And I can't wait for this game either!!!!! I am confident in 9-0, but also confident that the Saints are going to give us their very best shot. Should be a h*ll of a football game.

I call BS. No Saints fan is that nice, especially to Falcons fans.

I am not a hateful fan, I am a 41 year old adult Christian who doesnt hate people over sports and rivaries.

This game scares me because of our horrible defence(although much better against a bad eagle Oline).

I know you guys will score and hopefully we can make it a close game.

Thanks

Welcome asaintferlife. It is cool to have a good Saints fan on here. I used to come down to the superdome a lot when both teams were not very good. It was really a fun time. I'm afraid since both teams have gotten good the friendly rivalry has diminished some. Glad you've brought back that fun rivalry factor.

I was hoping to not get bashed for posting here, so far so good. I posted on the Denver forum when we played them, got a warm reception.

If fans can be adults, no reason why we cant enjoy great discussion.

You should be fine as long as its cordial. We are all used to a pretty nasty group of Saint's fans here. Some people here might not be willing to separate you from that.

I was hoping to not get bashed for posting here, so far so good. I posted on the Denver forum when we played them, got a warm reception.

If fans can be adults, no reason why we cant enjoy great discussion.

No, we wont bash you. Its always good to have people that actually want to talk football on the site. We will bash your team on Sunday though cool.png

I am not a hateful fan, I am a 41 year old adult Christian who doesnt hate people over sports and rivaries.

This game scares me because of our horrible defence(although much better against a bad eagle Oline).

Its ok to git yer hate on during Football Season.

But a good post is a good post.

But lie you said, this is one of NFL's top rivals.

Its ok to git yer hate on during Football Season.

But a good post is a good post.

But lie you said, this is one of NFL's top rivals.

I agree as well the NFC South has shaped up to now have 4 real contenders. I know Carolina and Tampa are struggling like the Saints, but any given Sunday any of these 4 teams can beat each other reguardless of record or rank.

I know most ppl still think the NFC East is the best rival's, but I think we are catching up as a whole.

I think we could hang out. Do I want the falcons to win? Heck yes but not so badly that I would be rude to someone.

I think the key to this game is our defense. If we can't pressure and get to Brees then he'll put up a gazillion yards as usual.

I think we could hang out. Do I want the falcons to win? Heck yes but not so badly that I would be rude to someone.

I think the key to this game is our defense. If we can't pressure and get to Brees then he'll put up a gazillion yards as usual.

I agree with the key to the game you pointed out, our key is to have our defense improve and show up.

Thanks for the nice words.

Thanks

Me too. For over 40 years, this has been the game I look forward to the most each year. I don't know why - it didn't matter where either of us were in the standings - these were "my" games.

Still are.

I'll be there with bells on (lol)

Seriously - I hope for no injuries - and 60 minutes of hard fought Falcons/Saints football - and I expect we will get it.

Also hoping for a win - tongue.png

Rise Up!

These are always the closest games of the year, correct me if I'm wrong but other than last year's Christmas massacre, in any game we've played the Saints the past few years have either team lost by less than a touchdown?

Our home game in 2008 - we won by 14 - would have won by more - except that last second hail mary that our guys failed to knock down and it was caught for a TD.

Other than those 2 games - every game has been within 1 score.

Have we ever lost to a team with a losing record under Mike Smith?

I know we lost to the bucs last year and they ended up with a losing record...but have we lost to one with a losing record at the time of the game?

I didn't think so but maybe I'm forgetting a game...

Never at home. We have had some incredible squeakers, but ZERO losses to a losing team at the Dome in five years. That streak really impresses me . . .

Guest Negatorris

I agree with the key to the game you pointed out, our key is to have our defense improve and show up.

Thanks for the nice words.

If the Saints D cannot apply constant pressure to Matt Ryan then he will have a field day for sure. Ryan is also still pretty good with pressure in his face(see CAR/DAL), but that's still the Saints best hope at stopping our offense. I know our offense will score, it will be up to the defense to make sure the Saints don't score more than we do though.

I agree as well the NFC South has shaped up to now have 4 real contenders. I know Carolina and Tampa are struggling like the Saints, but any given Sunday any of these 4 teams can beat each other reguardless of record or rank.

I know most ppl still think the NFC East is the best rival's, but I think we are catching up as a whole.

Make your way to the Rival Central forum too ;)