Plays That Make You Say Wow

The Mattural

This year so far , theirs been a few plays that have made me think wow man we have a great team or that player is a stud. Roddy last game against Dallas comes to mind when he catches a 5 yard pass and jumps backwards then accelerates past the defenders for an extra 5-10 yards. One play that really stood out to me and solidified my faith in our potential for explosive plays is at the 9:09 mark in this video thanks to Torris for making it.

http://youtu.be/Qm3SOFBZgoA?t=9m9s

You can see when JJ catches the ball he has a defender a few yards behind him closing in and one defender in front of him a few yards breaking down to make the tackle. Julio makes a quick cut and his acceleration just obliterates both of these players for a big gain. That right there makes me say wow , the dude is special. Go Falcons!

Edited by TheMattural

turner2_medium.gif

Single biggest wow moment for me.

I know it's last year, but it deserves mentioning.

One of Turner's best plays ever. That had me crying laughing. My wife asks what so funny and I I was trying to explain how Turner picked up Weems and used him like a battering ram with one arm. Great stuff!

The play where JaQuizz stopped on a dime, and bascially broke that Cowboy's ankles was one the best WOW moments for me, even though the play had little meaning, it was definitely a WOW

That was a first down move. Defensive back had an angle to make the play. Plenty of meaning.

Quizz is starting to look like the threat in the passing game that he was at Oregan St., I expect him to break a long one for a td soon.

I'd love that , do you think he has the top end speed to do it though ? I thought he was gonna break that kick return for a TD a few weeks ago but got caught.

When Julio ran the key 3rd down pitch out from the backfield last week I thought it was one of those plays. By all accounts the defender had him dead behind the LOS. But he turned it into a 9 yard gain. Then when I got home and watched the replay and realized the defender was Demarcus Ware, I KNEW it was one of those plays. Wow.