The "time To Throw" Stat, Matt Ryan Ranks #14

https://www.profootb...-time-to-throw/

Ranks #14 for time to throw, #24 in Time to Sack

An interesting perspective on the OL and the QB.

Now to explain what ‘time to throw’ is, we record the time from when the ball is snapped to the point where the quarterback has either thrown a pass or can no longer throw a pass (has been sacked or scrambled past the line of scrimmage).

I don't know how they measure time with the OL, but there is no way the Eagles OL are giving MV 4 sec before he has to scramble or get sack. On the other hand I think the Falcons OL is giving Ryan more than 2.84 sec.

Yeah, they actually do. He holds on to the ball - scrambles and doesn't release the ball soon enough.

As for Ryan - you are kidding yourself.

You need to start timing some of these things - it'll open your eyes.

I did this experiment for 2 years. I timed Ryan's every throwing play - regardless of outcome (sack, throw-away, completion, incompletion, interception).

For almost a whole season - he had 2 seconds or less as an average.

I was using a 60 frame per second timer - so the timing was immaculate. I was timing from snap to throw - from the time the ball was snapped until it left Ryan's hand - frame by frame. I posted all of the games on here - and I actually have all of the plays listed - with every result.

It's like Aaron Rodgers 1st year - he was sacked to pieces - but his time to sack was an incredible 4.8 seconds. He was holding the ball too long trying to make a play. He received several concussions during that time.

He learned from it - and has a great release - it really made him a better QB.

Vick just hasn't learned.

I did this experiment for 2 years. I timed Ryan's every throwing play - regardless of outcome (sack, throw-away, completion, incompletion, interception).

I was using a 60 frame per second timer - so the timing was immaculate. I was timing from snap to throw - from the time the ball was snapped until it left Ryan's hand - frame by frame. I posted all of the games on here - and I actually have all of the plays listed - with every result.

It's like Aaron Rodgers 1st year - he was sacked to pieces - but his time to sack was an incredible 4.8 seconds. He was holding the ball too long trying to make a play. He received several concussions during that time.

Rodgers or Ryan? don't think Ryan has ever had a reported concussion. Edited by Aftermath

I remember you doing that, good work as always.