Does Anybody Know?

Falcon Fantom

Those numbers are wrong. We're 24th Run D, 14th Pass D, 19th overall D, 5th in points allowed. Not counting all the other things we're great at, like creating turnovers, and our sack numbers are up too.

On Offense, we're 25th Run O, 8th Pass O, 8th overall O, and 7th in points scored. Again, not counting 3rd down/1st down %, etc etc.

Something to note - the Bears are one of few doing better as a combination, with 2nd in points allowed and 3rd in points scored - that said, their defense is really the issue here, as they're balling out of their minds and account for enough ppg that without them they'd drop out of the top 10, and possibly into the bottom half of the league, in terms of points scored. Not counting all the turnovers giving opportune field position, which is just good play in general.

The Texans are more impressive, at 4th total points allowed and 2nd points scored.

The Giants are also doing very well, though not as well as us, with 6th points scored and 10th in points allowed.

The Packers are the only ones even remotely close to being good in both after that , with 9th in points scored and 11th in points allowed.

It's great company. Elite company.

EDIT: Just based off of it, I could do a power ranking of:

1) Texans

2) Falcons

3) Bears

4) Giants

5) Packers

Is that far off? No. Seems to me ppg is what everyone should look at to determine the quality of teams. The only anomaly is the 49ers, who are 1st in points scored but 14th in points allowed, but honestly, I'd take these teams over the 9ers on a neutral field...probably.

Edited by Falcan Moore

What are you looking at? We are 14th against the pass and 24th against the run

We are 8th in passing yards and 24th in rushing

19th in overall defense and 8th overall offense

I got those numbers from the NFC South Blog. Here is the link and a copy and paste.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth

The Falcons are No. 19 in overall offense (No. 16 in rushing and No. 15 in passing).

Although the Falcons are undefeated, they’re No. 26 in total defense (28th against the run and 22nd against the pass). Per Pat Y.

I got those numbers from the NFC South Blog. Here is the link and a copy and paste.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth

The Falcons are No. 19 in overall offense (No. 16 in rushing and No. 15 in passing).

Although the Falcons are undefeated, they’re No. 26 in total defense (28th against the run and 22nd against the pass). Per Pat Y.

I think Pat Y is wrong..

Well, as has been pointed out, Pat Y is wrong, the Falcons are 8th in offense and 19th in defense, but I do have an example anyway.

The 2001 Patriots were 19th in total offense and 24th in total defense, although they did manage to be 6th in points scored and 6th in points allowed.

Guest Negatorris

As of this week, the Atlanta Falcons have the 26th overall defense (28th run-22nd pass) and the 19th overall offense (16th rushing-15th passing). My question is, has their been any Superbowl Champions with similar numbers? Thanks ahead of time.

P.S. Go Falcons!!

Pat Y posted those numbers and they are HORRIBLY wrong.

Guest Negatorris

You must have said some pretty crazy **** to get banned from ESPN comments. It's the lowest common denominator over there.

I got into some trouble for badgering some huge girl who comments over there. Her name is SaintsChicka.

She looks like something out of Star Wars, and I'm pretty sure she has a mustache.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

I got into some trouble for badgering some huge girl who comments over there. Her name is SaintsChicka.

She looks like something out of Star Wars, and I'm pretty sure she has a mustache.

saints chick-fil,a. Lol oh the memories lol

You must have said some pretty crazy **** to get banned from ESPN comments. It's the lowest common denominator over there.

Yea I asked him what his deal was with always finding ways to trash the Falcons but find ways to dignify the Saints and Panties. Then I said that Brees and Newton must have a copy of a shower scene sextape of him and Sandusky. I also said some other stuff as well.

If you badgered her because she's a Saints fan, that's fine, but if you badgered her because of her physical appearance, you're a ****.

In gauging the only stat(s) that matters, imo, PPG, the Falcons are 5th in points allowed and 7th in point scored., all this has a direct impact on our current record.

To me, the only stat that matters is 8-0.

The NYG got outscored last season, but still hoisted the Lombardi.

Once the playoffs start all the statistical analysis...it just doesn't mean a d*mn thing.

It's just fun stuff to entertain ourselves with while we wait for the playoffs.

To me, the only stat that matters is 8-0.

The NYG got outscored last season, but still hoisted the Lombardi.

Once the playoffs start all the statistical analysis...it just doesn't mean a d*mn thing.

It's just fun stuff to entertain ourselves with while we wait for the playoffs.

Hence the comment I made about these PPG stats that have had a direct impact on our current record, screw the style points