Midseason Awards

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/20852673/nfl-midseason-awards-matt-ryan-jj-watt-earn-mvp-honors

1. First-half offensive MVP

CBSSports.com NFL experts poll results:

Matt Ryan, QB, Falcons: 44%

Peyton Manning, QB, Broncos: 28%

Eli Manning, QB, Giants: 8%

Others receiving votes (20%): Tom Brady, Adrian Peterson, Percy Harvin, Andrew Luck.

Pete Prisco: Falcons QB Matt Ryan -- His team is perfect and he's putting up big numbers.

Clark Judge: Peyton Manning, with Matt Ryan a close second. Manning isn't surrounded by the cast that Ryan has in Atlanta, yet he's the top-rated quarterback in the business and has the Broncos on target to defend their AFC West title.

Mike Freeman: Matt Ryan. Playing out of his mind and quarterback for NFL's only unbeaten team.

Jason La Canfora: Have to stick with Matt Ryan. Best player on the only undefeated team, playing as well on the road as at home, master of fourth-quarter heroics.

Pat Kirwan: Matt Ryan, Atlanta. He is the quarterback of the only undefeated team and he has played extremely well with 17 touchdowns and just 6 interceptions.

Will Brinson: Matt Ryan, QB, Falcons -- Peyton Manning's nipping at his heels and has been en fuego except for one quarter ... against the Falcons. Which is a game he lost and a game Ryan won. Ryan's taking the step into elite and he's the quiet NFL king of fourth-quarter comebacks.

Josh Katzowitz: Peyton Manning. Maybe he should have won it last year when he wasn't playing. But his turnaround from multiple neck surgeries has been fantastic.

Ryan Wilson: Eli Manning. Matt Ryan might have a better record and Tom Brady might have more passing yards, but Manning -- not the defense -- is the reason the Giants are 6-2 and 2.5 games up in their division.

Kevin Corke: Aaron Rodgers. Ryan's an easy pick, but Rodgers has numbers (1st in TD passes), excellent efficiency and his completion percentage is high (plus he's battle tested).

Katzowitz is right, except this isn't last year. Corke needs to lay off his homer pipe and watch more than just GB games. He obviously has a love affair with Rodgers.

Aaron Rodgers has 7 more TD passes then Ryan and a better passer rating LESS INTS and is doing this without Greg Jennings and now without Jordy Nelson ...Aaron Rodgers should be on top of everyones MVP LIST ..

Guest Negatorris

Aaron Rodgers has 7 more TD passes then Ryan and a better passer rating LESS INTS and is doing this without Greg Jennings and now without Jordy Nelson ...Aaron Rodgers should be on top of everyones MVP LIST ..

Aaron Rodgers has receivers everywhere he looks. That catch by James Jones... HD could never make that catch. Losing Jenning doesn't hurt that much when even the 3rd WR on the depth chart has 8 TDs.

MVP Voting if I had vote

1 -Aaron Rodgers - incredible numbers without his best wr basically all year and now his 2nd best in Jordy Nelson

no running game and his TE is basically useless in Finley ..Yet has 25 tds 2200 yards and only 4 ints

2- Matt Ryan - outside one bad game vs Oakland has played incredible smart football . Has 3 top tier weapons and while Turner hasnt been focal point is starting to come on to give Falcons a balance attack . Has shown improvements in the pocket

2A- Peyton Manning- he is BACK and is playing lights out of as of late with 300 3 tds plus week in and out .

3- Arian Foster- one of best rbs in league . Texans are 7-1 behind the ground game and cut back scheme . Foster has been a touchdown machine on his way to 20+ total touchdowns

4-Big Ben - having a great season .

5-Andrew Luck- impressive rookie season and a possibly Colts playoff berth puts him in the talk

Aaron Rodgers has receivers everywhere he looks. That catch by James Jones... HD could never make that catch. Losing Jenning doesn't hurt that much when even the 3rd WR on the depth chart has 8 TDs.

You put Harry Douglas with Aaron Rodgers he is going to have 8 tds and 900 yards ..Aaron Rodgers can make players better then they are...The Packers were going to trade JAMES JONES...Product of Aaron Rodgers . Yes he has talent but he is nowhere close to the talent Ryan has with Roddy and Julio

LMAOOOO at all the clowns in this forum who thought Peyton Manning was done are one hit away ...lol

Your proposition to acquire Manning in the offseason looks futile now however, considering we doidnt have to give up anything for Ryan this year and he's played superior to Manning

But yes Manning's comeback has been nothing short of amazing

just remember my friend I predicted a great season for Ryan BEFORE the season started...........I have YOUR hot sauce ready and waiting for you.........lmao

sam

I predicted a solid season by Ryan has well ...I predicted 33 TDS and 4,300 yards ...He is on pace for a slight bump in those stats ..Didnt think Koetter would be passing as much as he is for Ryan to accumulate the higher passing yards .

we have to wait and see to the post season to see how Ryan performs ...for any crow to be eaten ..Once Ryan leads Falcons to a Super Bowl win I will gladly eat my crow

Your proposition to acquire Manning in the offseason looks futile now however, considering we doidnt have to give up anything for Ryan this year and he's played superior to Manning

But yes Manning's comeback has been nothing short of amazing

Ryan has played superior to Manning ???

Manning has best PASSER RATING IN LEAGUE and more TD passes..

I predicted a solid season by Ryan has well ...I predicted 33 TDS and 4,300 yards ...He is on pace for a slight bump in those stats ..Didnt think Koetter would be passing as much as he is for Ryan to accumulate the higher passing yards .

we have to wait and see to the post season to see how Ryan performs ...for any crow to be eaten ..Once Ryan leads Falcons to a Super Bowl win I will gladly eat my crow

I would expect nothing less from you my friend

sam

6. Best coach

CBSSports.com NFL experts poll results:

Mike Smith, Falcons: 31%

Joe Philbin, Dolphins: 19%

Jim Harbaugh, 49ers: 17%

Lovie Smith, Bears: 11%

Bill Belichick, Patriots: 8%

Others receiving votes (14%): Leslie Frazier, Gary Kubiak, Bruce Arians, Tom Coughlin, Sean Payton.

Pete Prisco: Joe Philbin. What he's done with the Dolphins is truly impressive.

Clark Judge: Indianapolis' Bruce Arians. The Colts are 4-1 since he took over, beating Green Bay in his debut after rallying from a 21-3 deficit. Now they're talking playoffs in Indianapolis. Somebody cue Jim Mora. Playoffs? Playoffs? We don't make 'em up, folks.

Mike Freeman: Mike Smith. Leads the only undefeated team in the sport.

Jason La Canfora: I'll go Tom Coughlin; no letdown in the Super Bowl champs. They have overcome some injuries and a fairly tough schedule to be right back in the thick of it again.

Pat Kirwan: At this point in the season Mike Smith is leading the way with John Fox and Lovie Smith in hot pursuit.

Will Brinson: Joe Philbin, Dolphins -- Miami, a team many predicted to make a run for the No. 1 overall pick, is 4-3 (and could be better!) despite trading away their top receiver and top cornerback, starting a rookie quarterback and embarrassing themselves on national TV in the preseason.

Josh Katzowitz: Joe Philbin. With him in charge, Miami is actually in playoff contention, Ryan Tannehill has played well in his rookie season and Philbin has pushed general manager Jeff Ireland off the hot seat for now. That's not bad for one half of a season.

Ryan Wilson: Sean Payton. Look at the state of the Saints in his absence.

Kevin Corke: Atlanta's Mike Smith. Gary Kubiak and Sean Payton get honorable mentions.