Lol @ Gregg Rosenthal

Falcanuck

Ignores the Falcons' record, then uses opposing teams' records to discredit the Falcons. Ignores games in which higher ranked teams were outplayed (and LOST) and claims the Falcons have been outplayed, thus lowering their ranking (yet WON). I'm not one for caring what the media thinks for the most part, but the unprofessionalism of this guy really annoys me. Additionally, power rankings ARE stupid. But if it's your job to create them, don't be such a biased, blind idiot.

Atlanta Falcons fans haven't been happy with me the last few weeks because I haven't ranked them No. 1 in ATL's entry of the Power Poll.

The case against Atlanta: Teams like the Oakland Raiders and Carolina Panthers outplayed them in the Georgia Dome. Atlanta deserves a lot of credit for finding a way to win those games, but to ignore that luck is a huge factor in close NFL games is to ignore reality. Five of the Falcons' wins have been by one score. They have only played one team all season that currently has a winning record: the Denver Broncos.Yes, they are the only undefeated team in the NFL. But the Power Poll is not supposed to be a list of the standings. It's a list of who you think is the best team in the league at the current moment. I still have them fourth. I like the San Francisco 49ers first and no one seems to agree.

The Falcons is very solid on both sides of the ball. That's why they are in the top five. Top-five is good. But they are lucky to be 8-0, and I don't think they are particularly better than the top-shelf of teams including the 49ers, Houston Texans, New England Patriots, Green Bay Packers, Chicago Bears and New York Giants. This is a debate we could be having for a while because Atlanta has a great chance to win the No. 1 seed in the NFC.

After all, they play only one team with a winning record (New York Giants) the rest of the season.

The rest of ATL's Power Poll is below. You can look at the complete Power Poll or check out all 13 analysts picks right here. I'm stunned to learn I'm the only writer who doesn't have the Falcons first. On a neutral field, I strongly doubt everyone would really pick them over the other 31 teams.

1. San Francisco 49ers

2. Houston Texans

3. New England Patriots

4. Atlanta Falcons

5. Green Bay Packers

6. New York Giants

7. Chicago Bears

8. Denver Broncos

9. Seattle Seahawks

10. Pittsburgh Steelers

11. Baltimore Ravens

12. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

13. Detroit Lions

14. Miami Dolphins

15. New Orleans Saints

16. Indianapolis Colts

17. Minnesota Vikings

18. Dallas Cowboys

19. Philadelphia Eagles

20. New York Jets

21. Washington Redskins

22. San Diego Chargers

23. Carolina Panthers

24. Cincinnati Bengals

25. Arizona Cardinals

26. St. Louis Rams

27. Cleveland Browns

28. Buffalo Bills

29. Oakland Raiders

30. Tennessee Titans

31. Jacksonville Jaguars

32. Kansas City Chiefs

if yall wanna REALLY hurt this dude, don't respond don't read, just go about your business. all this outrage and the letters he's getting is fueling him. if people would ignore these dudes they would go away but people play right into their hands.

You need to stop making sense. That kind of thing is not tolerated around here.

First rule of holes dude! When you realize your in one...PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL. He loses more credibility with every win that he explains away. He'll find himself in a position where we beat the Giants and he has to justify moving us up 3 slots when all the teams ahead of us won.

Interesting!! The 49ers who have only beat 2 teams (which is ONE more than us) with a running record (Seahawks and Packers) and are the favorites?? I mean i could honestly see if he put the Bears #1, but the 49ers? They got beat worse than us by the Giants at home. And even the bears have only beat ONE team with a winning record (COLTS!!)