Favourite B/s Call From A Falcons V Saints Game

UK FALCON UK

When you play the Saints you play the officals too, especially in their dome.

So what is your favourite call/ non call from a previuos match-up, when i say favourite i mean because it was so laughable......

Mine,

Last year in the Superdome..

'' there is no holding as the offense was attempting a screen pass''

Err, sorry what the **** did he just say?

also last year one of our LB's got called for hiting a defensless reciever, it was a questionable call, not long after a saints defender does the same only more blatant, guess what no flag..

The officlas didn't lose us that game but come on..

Guest Negatorris

That screen BS from last year. Should have been a safety for intentional grounding in the endzone. Couldn't even get a logical explanation since they didn't want Brees' drive to end. The refs did everything to get him that record.

Something I noticed last night and earlier this season is that Brees gets away with so many intentional grounding penalties it's not remotely funny. Last night for example, one of Philly's DLmen had Brees around the leg and he tosses it over to the left. The ball landed behind the line of scrimmage while Brees was still in the pocket and the closest reciever was 6-7 yds away from the ball. Maybe I don't understand the "receiver in the vicinity" part of the rule, but I would love to see a player (who's not even looking for the ball) dive backwards 18-21 FEET and make a play with a ball that was no more than 6'3" off the ground.

When you play the Saints you play the officals too, especially in their dome.

So what is your favourite call/ non call from a previuos match-up, when i say favourite i mean because it was so laughable......

Mine,

Last year in the Superdome..

'' there is no holding as the offense was attempting a screen pass''

Err, sorry what the **** did he just say?

That's the one that kills me (though it was intentional grounding, not holding, that was the issue).

How in **** do you know it was a screen pass in the first place when he didn't throw it anywhere near a receiver?

Without a doubt the biggest B/S call was the flag picked up on the holding in the end zone last year in the Superdome. Even Mike Pererra had no idea why that happened. And the explanation was even more cryptic.

Bottom line is had that been called a safety, we would have gotten the ball back. And we likely could have run out most of the clock. Which would have meant Brees would not have broken the passing record that night in front of a national TV audience, he would have broken it the following week in a meaningless regional game against Carolina with very few "eyeballs" watching.

So the poor little TV networks would have their agenda busted by a "real" competition, not the phony WWF crap that was laid out on us that night. They weren't about to let that happen. The TRUE rulers of the NFL call the shots. They even call the officiating when it comes down to it.

Without a doubt the biggest B/S call was the flag picked up on the holding in the end zone last year in the Superdome. Even Mike Pererra had no idea why that happened. And the explanation was even more cryptic.

Bottom line is had that been called a safety, we would have gotten the ball back. And we likely could have run out most of the clock. Which would have meant Brees would not have broken the passing record that night in front of a national TV audience, he would have broken it the following week in a meaningless regional game against Carolina with very few "eyeballs" watching.

So the poor little TV networks would have their agenda busted by a "real" competition, not the phony WWF crap that was laid out on us that night. They weren't about to let that happen. The TRUE rulers of the NFL call the shots. They even call the officiating when it comes down to it.

^what he said.^

Wow, and I had forgotten just how ****ty/fraudulent that Vikings/Taints championship game was. Toss in the bounty scandal, and that SB is as tainted as it gets.

Yeah, that game was rigged from the get-go. They didn't even show all the late hits on Favre that should have been called roughing the passer. They let them get away with that crap several times.