Magic Number

capologist

So, after we beat NO next week & Arizona the next week, Saints will be out of it with a loss to Oakland. Carolina will be out of it with a loss to Denver. TB will be eliminated with losses to San Diego & Carolina. If that doesn't eliminate TB, we play them the following week. biggrin.png So, if all that plays out, we win the division before Monday morning, November 19th. biggrin.png

Edited by ruinah

This could be another great week for the Falcons. I don't expect the Bucs to beat the Chargers or the Panthers to beat the Broncos. This would bring the magic numbers to 3 for the Bucs, 1 for the Panthers, 2 for the Saints.

The Bucs will kill the Chargers. That division is extremely weak.

It'll get interesting if we win and the others lose over the next couple of weeks. The good thing is that the Bears are right on our heels so we'd have to keep going to win home field throughout...

Now that you bring up the Bears, I would love to see the Falcons play a cold weather team like the Bears in inclement weather. Reason being so we can see how we stack up against a top tier defense on their turf. If we could pull that off, it would definetely show the rest of the league that we can play with ANYONE.... ANYWHERE.... ANYTIME

Guest Negatorris

Nah, I think the Chargers D is good enough to stop Doug Martin. If they do that Freeman won't be able to carry the team. Will be tough for the Chargers, but I think they can win.

Can you provide any other reasoning besides it being a weak division? The only things Tampa does pretty well is run the ball and stop the run. The Chargers have the 4th ranked rushing defense in the NFL, so I don't see Tampa running their way to victory in this one. SD also has an underrated pass defense (they are 5th in interceptions). Tampa is 32nd in pass defense (yes, worst in the league) while SD likes to throw the ball (although they've been sporadic in pass offense).

TB almost lost to Oakland if it wasn't for Palmer throwing so many picks. The teams Tampa beat this season were all running teams. They dominate running teams because Tampa has the best rush defense in the league. They haven't beaten one team that was even mediocre at throwing. Look at their wins. Carolina (Newton can't hit the broadside of a barn this season). Kansas City (with Brady Quinn at QB). Minnesota (AP carries that team, Ponder has more turnovers than TD's). Oakland (their passing game sucks and Palmer threw over 400 yards, 4 TD's, and his 3 INT's killed them). Now look at their losses. The Giants, Cowboys, Redskins, and Saints.

I'm not trying to say that San Diego wins this game easily. I am saying that they have a good chance of winning this game because they can stop Tampa's running attack, which makes this a passing contest. SD's passing offense matches up better against Tampa's pass defense more than Tampa's passing offense to SD's pass d IMHO.

Can you provide any other reasoning besides it being a weak division? The only things Tampa does pretty well is run the ball and stop the run. The Chargers have the 4th ranked rushing defense in the NFL, so I don't see Tampa running their way to victory in this one. SD also has an underrated pass defense (they are 5th in interceptions). Tampa is 32nd in pass defense (yes, worst in the league) while SD likes to throw the ball (although they've been sporadic in pass offense).

TB almost lost to Oakland if it wasn't for Palmer throwing so many picks. The teams Tampa beat this season were all running teams. They dominate running teams because Tampa has the best rush defense in the league. They haven't beaten one team that was even mediocre at throwing. Look at their wins. Carolina (Newton can't hit the broadside of a barn this season). Kansas City (with Brady Quinn at QB). Minnesota (AP carries that team, Ponder has more turnovers than TD's). Oakland (their passing game sucks and Palmer threw over 400 yards, 4 TD's, and his 3 INT's killed them). Now look at their losses. The Giants, Cowboys, Redskins, and Saints.

I'm not trying to say that San Diego wins this game easily. I am saying that they have a good chance of winning this game because they can stop Tampa's running attack, which makes this a passing contest. SD's passing offense matches up better against Tampa's pass defense more than Tampa's passing offense to SD's pass d IMHO.

I honestly don't have any other reasoning, haha. From what I have seen from both teams makes believe that the Chargers will get beaten pretty soundly. I understand the run D but didn't Turner run all over San Diego? I am almost positive Doug Martin at this moment is a way better back than Turner is at this stage. Besides Phillip Rivers playing a horrible Chiefs team, he has been in total meltdown mode. I think just stacking them up I see a 24-13 victory for the Bucs. Having said that the homer in me wants them to get squashed.