It's O N Like Donky Kong! Official Election Day . . . And Night Thread

HolyMoses

Per the gracious request of Achilles, here it is. I suspect it will heat up later as returns come in.

Is the country going to say "You're doing a heckuva job, Brownie" ?

Or will Donald Trump be making a late night appearance at Romney's victory party saying "YOU'RE FIRED"?

And it's not to late to enter your prediction in Achilles' Electoral College prediction thread . . .

Edited by holymoses

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm feeling pretty confident that we're going to see a phenominon(sp) tonight that I'm not sure I've ever seen. Then again I have not been an in-depth poll watcher in my life, though I have always followed elections closely enough to know who was SUPPOSED TO WIN each go round.

I've seen cases where the challenger was slightly ahead/behind going into election day and has pulled off wins by suprisingly large margins. But I don't know that I've seen an instance in which I believe the momentum indicated a tightening of the numbers to the degree it has this year only to see the incumbent comfortably blow the doors off the challenger. Tonight I think that happens. I believe there is going to be a big push for Obama as the day wears on and it will end up giving Obama a wider margin of victory than most of the current polls are indicating. I think Obama gets 300 or more electoral votes in this election.

Also I've got to get out and cast my vote to offset SB today. I'm waiting because 1) I know a vote for Obama in SC is as wasted as a vote for the Green party candidate 2) Most of the hate filled tea party redneck peckerwoods (tip of hat to PP) will have already voted early and will be sitting down by the river shooting any turtles unfortnate enough to walk up on land and stand directly beneath the feet of said tea partier.

Well even if I could clone myself 100,000 times it wouldn't matter. They could put a big ole "R" beside the name of Adolph Hilter(intentnional missspelling) and that still wouldn't give the voters enough cause for concern not to vote for the Republican, and it ain't because they read the name and knew it wasn't Adolph Hitler either. Everybody knows Tea Partiers cannot or do not choose to read.

Oh jeez. Major facepalm

1275389857_naked-gun-facepalm.gif

I shouldn't have been so inflammatory in my posts, sorry. I have tremendously serious doubts about the very core of the tea party. Doubts that cause me to feel really bad about parts of America. But I don't want to get into a foolish war of words over something that I could not prove and I certainly could not change. Suffice to say, I really support the re-election of President Obama although if a Republican had to win it Mitt would probably be my chooice as the guy who would cause me less concern.

I shouldn't have been so inflammatory in my posts, sorry. I have tremendously serious doubts about the very core of the tea party. Doubts that cause me to feel really bad about parts of America. But I don't want to get into a foolish war of words over something that I could not prove and I certainly could not change. Suffice to say, I really support the re-election of President Obama although if a Republican had to win it Mitt would probably be my chooice as the guy who would cause me less concern.

Taxed Enough Already! At near historically low marginal rates.

The whoel thing is a joke.

Michelle Bachmann rules!

Just kidding, I didn't mean that. Herman Cain rules!

You know what? Forget Herman Cain. Rick Perry is the man!

I take it back, Rick Perry is a stuffed shirt. Newt Gingrich rules!

I take it back. I really believe in Romney.

Yes...tell us about your principles, ABF conservatives. Tell us about your sincere support for the guy you bashed for years. Call it a landslide victory before even a single vote is counted.

You're funny.

Edited by eatcorn

I took a short break. That said, here's Romney after landing in Pittsburgh. A whole parking garage full of people there to greet him:

romney_garage.jpg

I don't think there's been as much enthusiasm for a Republican presidential candidate since Reagan.

I was too young to know much about what was going on back then but from everything I have read and heard this is looking a lot like 1980 all over again.

Nope, once again you are misinterpreting what you're seeing here. This is Romney practicing for how he's going to pose on the February cover of Dog Lover's magazine. It represents him demonstrating the closest he is ever going to get to being on the Whitehouse grounds. He can always wave through the fence, I guess.

Brian Lazorishak, a senior vice president of Chase Investment Counsel, expects a rally if Republican nominee Mitt Romney is elected, and a possible sell off if President Obama holds on to his seat.

"If you get a Romney win, it could be better for the market in the short-term, knee-jerk reaction, since it could be taken as being a more business and investment-friendly administratoin," he said. "While the market might sell off on an Obama win, it's hard to see how long that would last."

Stocks: All eyes on the election

http://money.cnn.com...head/index.html

Brian Lazorishak, a senior vice president of Chase Investment Counsel, expects a rally if Republican nominee Mitt Romney is elected, and a possible sell off if President Obama holds on to his seat.

"If you get a Romney win, it could be better for the market in the short-term, knee-jerk reaction, since it could be taken as being a more business and investment-friendly administratoin," he said. "While the market might sell off on an Obama win, it's hard to see how long that would last."

Stocks: All eyes on the election

http://money.cnn.com...head/index.html

Aaaand Wall Street holds everyone hostage yet again.

Aaaand Wall Street holds everyone hostage yet again.

Wall Street doesn't give a **** who is in the office. They got everything they wanted from this administration and Congress. They don't give each candidate millions of dollars and not expect preferential treatment in return

Wall Street doesn't give a **** who is in the office. They got everything they wanted from this administration and Congress. They don't give each candidate millions of dollars and not expect preferential treatment in return

No doubt. I just resent the idea that a spike in the Dow is seen as a positive for Romney as though the edict of our nation should be to appease the financial sector.