We All Always Knew That The Saints Will Be Our Toughest Match Up This Season

Our toughest match ups this season are the Giants and the Saints...the Saints are always one of our toughtest match ups. They whooped on us last game, and swept us last season. Their defense and special team looked good last night. And now they have a running game?!

There is no other team in the NFL that I hate more, not even close. I hope we beat down their as.ses. But I expect a really close game. This is gonna be our hardest test yet. This...and then the next Saints' game.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't let a reeling Eagirls team serve as a barometer of who and what the Taints are.

It might very well be a close, hard-fought game this coming Sunday, but we aren't the same team that the Taints swept last year....throw in that Sproles is out and more than likely Spoon is in...

I like us in this one.

Couldn't have said it better myself

Can't really use them beating the Eagles as a barometer. That OLine is trash, the team is quitting and their QB sucks. Different dynamics compared to a Falcons team who believes they can't be stopped, will want to stick it to the Saints as divisional rivals and a top 5 QB.

That defense feasted on a scrub offense. They still gave up 447 yards. Yes, the Saints can score. But besides one game, they haven't put up 30 points since 2009 on us and this was a BVG led defense. If we can get 30 points on the board, which is very realistic against that defense, we should win. That running game doesn't worry me.

Our games with New Orleans are almost always close and tough. Our run defense is looking better and better as season goes on and our offensive line is looking better. Cowboys got us on a few but you gotta give credit where it is due and they are dang good. Our running game is getting better Turner just had his first 100 yard game this year. We're getting better and better our toughest matchups this year I had at beginning of season were Giants, Cowboys, Saints, Bucs, Carolina. Things are about to get real interesting for us Falcons fans real soon. I have a funny feeling that this Sunday is our best chance to blowout New Orleans the reason being is we're playing much better away than at home this year and Matt Ryan does not hold a victory over New Orleans at home they're both in New Orleans. Gotta RISE UP

I think they're one of the better 3-5 teams. I definitely agree that our offense is much improved since last year. We have better coordinators that I trust. But the key to beating them still is, always has been and always will be, pressure on Brees. As much as I hate him, the man is a machine. Our D-Line playing well, in my opinion, gives us the mose efficient way to beat them.

I think we win this one, but I honestly don't know what to expect. Nolan seems to dial up some serious defense the weeks we play good QB's. Playing in the Superdome is always difficult, but their defense has been horrendous and we have so many ways to beat them while on offense. I could see this being a shootout where the last team that scores wins. I could see this being a game where we grind our running game to keep their offense off the field and forcing it into a defensive game. Or I could even see us blowing them out.

One thing is necessary though. We have to start fast in this game. Period. Shut their fans up early and the game could look easy.

All divisional games are hard. This one is no different.

...Other than our guys remembering them purposely running the score up on us just to get Breezus his record against us.

That's going to play a HUGE part. Believe that.

Exactly why I hate them. They are classless. I kinda don't want Smitty to stoop to thier level, but phuck em! If it IS a blow out, I hope we don't ease up a tad. Not at all till the very end. Not even in garbage time. Let Ryan pad his stats like Brees does.

Edited by I Even Bleed Red

All divisional games are hard. This one is no different.

...Other than our guys remembering them purposely running the score up on us just to get Breezus his record against us.

That's going to play a HUGE part. Believe that.

I'll never forget the MNF game when he broke the record and they stopped the game. I can still hear that idiot announcer yelling "Drew Breeeeeeeees! Drew Breeeeeeeeeees!"

Last night worked the way I wanted it to. Before tomorrow night is over, we will be flooded with overenthusiastic swampers who are drunk on the fact that somehow their team is 3-1 in their last four, and 'They're Back'. My hope was that they would win last night, and then get curb-stomped by the Falcons, this week, at home. I hope it is a blowout win, but past history proves that these two teams always play close.

The one thing I DON'T think facts in as much as some here is the past record against the Saints. This isn't Mularkey/BVG's O and D respectively. This is a different team, that is playing as a unit in a better scheme. Throw out the history, and look at the teams in front of you. Falcons win big, even though no one will pick them to do so.

Our toughest match ups this season are the Giants and the Saints...the Saints are always one of our toughtest match ups. They whooped on us last game, and swept us last season. Their defense and special team looked good last night. And now they have a running game?!

There is no other team in the NFL that I hate more, not even close. I hope we beat down their as.ses. But I expect a really close game. This is gonna be our hardest test yet. This...and then the next Saints' game.

The Saints are trash, just like the Eagles. The Eagles did nothing last night, and are spiraling out of control. The Eagles would have faired a lot better if the would have just kept running the ball.

Falcons (The Best Road Team this year) win this one.

I think we win this one, but I honestly don't know what to expect. Nolan seems to dial up some serious defense the weeks we play good QB's. Playing in the Superdome is always difficult, but their defense has been horrendous and we have so many ways to beat them while on offense. I could see this being a shootout where the last team that scores wins. I could see this being a game where we grind our running game to keep their offense off the field and forcing it into a defensive game. Or I could even see us blowing them out.

One thing is necessary though. We have to start fast in this game. Period. Shut their fans up early and the game could look easy.

Falcons have played several mobile QBs and gotten good pressure, if not sacks, they should be able to pressure Brees- he can buy time, but isn't mobile, his Oline isn't the same without Nicks, he doesn't have as many weapons as he used to-won't stop him, but they'll slow him down enough.

Really think the Saints' only chance is to outscore the Falcons, don't think they'll be able to.