Congrats Saints!

DD: Objective Elite

That game wasn't as close as the score.

That said, from what I saw against a very bad team, the Saints are in trouble this week.

I'm hoping Nolan has kept some stuff in his back pocket specifically for this game. Expect a great offensive performance from the Falcons, and something you haven't seen yet from the defense.

Falcons 33 Saints 24

I think, no matter the stats or opponent, it was a huge confidence builder for the D and needed for them to continue buying into Spags system. They've still got loads of work to do and lack a few players for his D to work consistently, but I think below average is within reach!

I think, no matter the stats or opponent, it was a huge confidence builder for the D and needed for them to continue buying into Spags system. They've still got loads of work to do and lack a few players for his D to work consistently, but I think below average is within reach!

The Eagles are a terrible football team. 7 sacks might send Vick a message, but he's probably had to many concussions to understand. His OL has packed it in for the season and is just letting him earn his $100mil. Reid has no fix and will be fired soon.......

What i watched of the game it seems Loomis return must have added some extra motivation.

I think the Falcons could have their work cut out for them. The Eagles looked mentally beat, Vick had no swagger at about him and just looked defeated going through the motions. The wr`s werent putting in any extra work either.

But the Saints looked great. Brees still has the "im try and break every record known to man" look in his body language. The D got a turnover and pressured Vick all night long. 33% of vick dropping back to pass he got hit and pressured.

The Eagles where the worst at protecting Vick but the the Saints did it better than other teams. The D seemed focused. Even what i saw of lofton he was putting in more effort than previous times i had watched him. He was going sideways trying to get in on plays.

Was a good game for them and a good win to keep their MNF streak alive. Congrats.

That game wasn't as close as the score.

That said, from what I saw against a very bad team, the Saints are in trouble this week.

I'm hoping Nolan has kept some stuff in his back pocket specifically for this game. Expect a great offensive performance from the Falcons, and something you haven't seen yet from the defense.

Falcons 33 Saints 24

Spag has kept some stuff in his back pocket too. So much stuff that we have the worse D in history yardage wise. Now is a good time to empty that back pocket. Edited by Aquietguy

I saw the Saints take advantage of a team with two crappy lines.....something that most posters in here agreed with when the Eagles were buying up skill position players all over the place.

I also saw the Saints have a crappy run D (although give some credit to McCoy....the guy was on last night)

fact is that the Eagles are in a tailspin and the Saints just sped it up. That doesn't mean we are any better than a couple of weeks ago

fact is that the Eagles are in a tailspin and the Saints just sped it up. That doesn't mean we are any better than a couple of weeks ago

Im seeing a improved Saints team. The O is looking good. They still need to learn how to slow it down. Even the announcers said they should keep their own D off the field as much as they can.

But the fast strikes are still there. Brees getting some protection. The D seems to be improving. What happens between the 20s doesnt matter as long as it dont result in points. Even if it is over 400 yards every week.

This was the type of win they needed vs any team. To get ready for us. 1 its a devision game thats always tough. A strong performance the week before just reassures the team they are not the door mats of the NFL.

The differance could be in a team that fights hard for 60 mins or that gets behind and just starts slacking because they got used to losing and have gave up on the season.

The Eagles are destroyed and its back to the drawing board for them (actually we knew that last week though). But after the player meetings and all the trying to regroup, they looked worst than ever. Thats not the same Eagles team we faced last year. Thier spirit and backbone is broke. Reid has lost the locker room and confidence is in the toilet. The fans are probably blowing up right now for change.

^^^^^ but that could have been the saints if they cont to lose and didnt get better. The saints looked like they could still run with any team and now they are figuring out ways to win. So cant knock that. It doesnt have to be pretty, just win.

I bet the Eagles players are holding their heads in wondering where do they go from here? Saints players are sitting there knowing they plan to kick some falcon butt. Thats the differance. I dont think the Saints players have gave up on this season and even if the season is over they will fight for pride now. Thats the mark of a good team. Thats the differance in the Eagles.

Im seeing a improved Saints team. The O is looking good. They still need to learn how to slow it down. Even the announcers said they should keep their own D off the field as much as they can.

But the fast strikes are still there. Brees getting some protection. The D seems to be improving. What happens between the 20s doesnt matter as long as it dont result in points. Even if it is over 400 yards every week.

This was the type of win they needed vs any team. To get ready for us. 1 its a devision game thats always tough. A strong performance the week before just reassures the team they are not the door mats of the NFL.

The differance could be in a team that fights hard for 60 mins or that gets behind and just starts slacking because they got used to losing and have gave up on the season.

The Eagles are destroyed and its back to the drawing board for them (actually we knew that last week though). But after the player meetings and all the trying to regroup, they looked worst than ever. Thats not the same Eagles team we faced last year. Thier spirit and backbone is broke. Reid has lost the locker room and confidence is in the toilet. The fans are probably blowing up right now for change.

^^^^^ but that could have been the saints if they cont to lose and didnt get better. The saints looked like they could still run with any team and now they are figuring out ways to win. So cant knock that. It doesnt have to be pretty, just win.

I bet the Eagles players are holding their heads in wondering where do they go from here? Saints players are sitting there knowing they plan to kick some falcon butt. Thats the differance. I dont think the Saints players have gave up on this season and even if the season is over they will fight for pride now. Thats the mark of a good team. Thats the differance in the Eagles.

good point but my God that run defense is awful

and most of the RCers said the Eagles were going to be in trouble two offseasons ago when they went on that spending spree. All of us have varying degrees of football knowledge and that might be the first time we have all agreed on something. It was basically written in stone LOL

good point but my God that run defense is awful

and most of the RCers said the Eagles were going to be in trouble two offseasons ago when they went on that spending spree. All of us have varying degrees of football knowledge and that might be the first time we have all agreed on something. It was basically written in stone LOL

So is the falcons. Ours is so bad we give the short pass to try and protect the run.

See Marcus Vick tweeted during the game begging for the Eagles to trade Vick and said Vick wants out... They are beyond a screwed team. When family members take to twitter begging for trades. You know your done. Mike should kick the crap out of marcus for doing that.

All true but our D is deplorable. They are the reason that we can lose to ANYBODY. If our defense could generate consistent pressure WITHOUT blitzing it changes EVERYTHING.

If our O doesn't play perfect, then the chances are we lose because our D is steadily giving up 80-yard drives that end in TDs. We HAVE to improve on D if we expect to do any real damage this season.

All true but our D is deplorable. They are the reason that we can lose to ANYBODY. If our defense could generate consistent pressure WITHOUT blitzing it changes EVERYTHING.

If our O doesn't play perfect, then the chances are we lose because our D is steadily giving up 80-yard drives that end in TDs. We HAVE to improve on D if we expect to do any real damage this season.

Man every teams wishes they could do that. Falcons been trying to figure that out for the past 15 years. Its hard to build lines that can dominate on both sides and even harder is keeping them around when everyone is gonna wanna steal them from ya as FA`s.

If the O doesnt play perfect then the D or ST needs to step up. Then when the O players perfect the D can slip some. Thats the things. Balance.

I dont care if it was vs the falcons... saints go up 21-3 and the falcons are in trouble vs any D. All your D has to do is let them march up and down the field taking time off the clock and then be good enough to keep points off the board. If they can keep teams from scoring the D is doing its job.

The O can score more than 21 points so if the D gives up 3 TD`s a game the Saints are fine because its their way of playing. The O actually would like to be between 30-40 points a game. But they can do that if they have to as well.

But the D did its job when the score was 21-3. No matter how they looked doing it. They only gave up 3 points by like halftime. Might not be pretty but stopping scores is the bottom line. Like Dallas D did to the falcons. With all our weapons we couldnt get a TD pass.

1s a top ranked D and 1 is the worst in NFL history. Both did their jobs.

But the Saints have been a protect the QB first type team so he can have time to throw. You want that more than you want your dline to pass rush. If you want both. Then your wishing on a star or playing lottery because very few teams are even capable of doing just 1 of those things.

That doesnt mean you cant try and fix the pass rush with the front 4. But to have a Giants Dline is very freaking hard when the Saints are so set with the O being the focal point.

So is the falcons. Ours is so bad we give the short pass to try and protect the run.

See Marcus Vick tweeted during the game begging for the Eagles to trade Vick and said Vick wants out... They are beyond a screwed team. When family members take to twitter begging for trades. You know your done. Mike should kick the crap out of marcus for doing that.

to Vick's credit, he did publicly call out his brother and refute what he said

I am not saying a top 5 d-line rush, I am saying just a d-line that can SOMETIMES generate pressure. EVERY opposing QB has ALL day to throw and when they do, their first read has ALWAYS been open.

We have made sub-PEDESTRIAN QBs look like HOFs. We just need SOME pressure.

But the pressure your used to came from Williams who ran a exotic blitz heavy scheme. To pull back everyone into coverage doest work unless you have a 1 vs 1 mismatch that need a oline to double team.

Like the o vs the D there needs to be balance. Balance blitz where they come from vs when to drop them back into coverage.

Ill give you the perfect example of what your talking about. The last 4 years falcons under BVG. We played vanilla flavored icecream D. Sat in cover 2 90% that was more a bend but dont break scheme. With Abe as our only real threat at pass rusher.

Nolan comes in and we see different people getting sacks and you hear less and less about abe.

Spags is screwing up coaching. Not adjusting his scheme to the personal he has and what he is trying to do. Really whats the differance if spags sends a bltiz and get beat for 20 yards vs not blitzing and letting QB have all day and throw a 20 yard pass? Screw it, the D is giving up 400+ yards a game, might as well blitz and try and force a rushed throw or get a sack.

But your D isnt gonna pressure every qb like you all did Vick. Thats ungodly amount of pressure. 7 sacks, 33% of drop backs he was hit or rushed. Not to put all of it on Vick, thats some crappy protection and any QB even Brees couldn't withstand that kinda pressure.

Edited by danight

But the pressure your used to came from Williams who ran a exotic blitz heavy scheme. To pull back everyone into coverage doest work unless you have a 1 vs 1 mismatch that need a oline to double team.

Like the o vs the D there needs to be balance. Balance blitz where they come from vs when to drop them back into coverage.

Ill give you the perfect example of what your talking about. The last 4 years falcons under BVG. We played vanilla flavored icecream D. Sat in cover 2 90% that was more a bend but dont break scheme. With Abe as our only real threat at pass rusher.

Nolan comes in and we see different people getting sacks and you hear less and less about abe.

Spags is screwing up coaching. Not adjusting his scheme to the personal he has and what he is trying to do. Really whats the differance if spags sends a bltiz and get beat for 20 yards vs not blitzing and letting QB have all day and throw a 20 yard pass? Screw it, the D is giving up 400+ yards a game, might as well blitz and try and force a rushed throw or get a sack.

But your D isnt gonna pressure every qb like you all did Vick. Thats ungodly amount of pressure. 7 sacks, 33% of drop backs he was hit or rushed. Not to put all of it on Vick, thats some crappy protection and any QB even Brees couldn't withstand that kinda pressure.

I am not even talking about Williams pressure because teams had his blitz crazy D figured out after the 09 season.

I am talking about having a front four that can OCCASIONALLY get to the QB without a blitz. Someone, a DE or two who can get a sack on a 3rd down out of the blue. NOT CONSTANTLY just occasionally. Our front four has been notorious for generating NO pressure. You should see the pocket opposing QBs have.

I am also tired of seeing our entire front 4 pushed 2 yards back on running plays.

The saints are starting to pick their game up...good win

todd-haley-animated-gif.gif

it was ok but I just don't see it as a really good win. that game was closer than the score appeared IMO. we let them hang around with Brees's first TO and then the kickoff return fumble. we were lucky that their offensive line is swiss cheese