Honest Question To Conservatives

lostone

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There hasn't been one in the last 50 years.

What was the last democrat that helped the poor and middle class?

Same answer.

Fun game.

Poor gets plenty... Middle class gets screwed by everyone... As much as people complain about entitlements, how can you put poor in this?

More fun game sir!

I will try to be honest here, but I'm sure i'm going to get hammered for my opinion by the "tolerant" left anyway.

1) Yes, most conservatives are very upset that Republican candidates have started acting like the Democrats with their disregard for staying within a budget. That's why the TEA party became so popular among conservatives. At this point, we are not deluded enough to think that the current crop of Republicans will be able to lower the debt any time soon, (maybe the deficit) but expect it to be better than what Obama ran up in 4yrs. Basically, we're willing to give the credit card to the less spend-crazy teenager, HOPING he'll remember where he came from.

2)Government's primary function is to defend and protect it's citizens which can range from a strong Military down to supporting local fire and police departments. Conservatives believe in a strong country, not a big government; it is not the same thing. By passing laws that govern it's citizens beyond it's primary function of protection, we conservatives feel that the government has overextended it's authority.

As for abortion in context to freedom, while we support an individuals right to choose their path in life, we (as a civilized society) cannot condone anyone who chooses to Rape, Steal or Murder. In short, a civilized person should not be able to CHOOSE to legally kill another human being. The government should uphold it's primary function and protect the life of that (unborn) person.

But, knowing that society has deemed it legal (at this time) for a woman to choose to kill her baby, at the very least, we shouldn't be forced to give her our money(in the form of taxes) to do it.

As a question for Liberals, why is it more important to you that the government prevent me from buying more than 16ounces of soda or get a toy with my happy meal but will fight tooth and nail to help a woman kill her baby for free?

Because I'm not in favor of freedom to choose to kill other people.

I wish that wasn't asked because it can completely derail this threads purpose.

I remember when I thought about joining the Republican Party, then the tea party happened and crushed that for now... Take the country back did not sound like it meant what it meant... I mean how the heck can you even try to succeed/improve the country when the primary purpose of the other side is not to fix the country but make you a one term president.

Please don't comment on abortion... It will destroy this thread... Oh and I am not a liberal... I believe government should be smaller, but probably not as far as you guys think. We seem to let corporations get away with murder just for a few extra jobs. Sometimes when people complain about federal lands not being open, I would like them to open up Yosemite park for fracturing or maybe right off the coast of the Florida keys in those waters.

I wish that wasn't asked because it can completely derail this threads purpose.

I remember when I thought about joining the Republican Party, then the tea party happened and crushed that for now... Take the country back did not sound like it meant what it meant... I mean how the heck can you even try to succeed/improve the country when the primary purpose of the other side is not to fix the country but make you a one term president.

Please don't comment on abortion... It will destroy this thread... Oh and I am not a liberal... I believe government should be smaller, but probably not as far as you guys think. We seem to let corporations get away with murder just for a few extra jobs. Sometimes when people complain about federal lands not being open, I would like them to open up Yosemite park for fracturing or maybe right off the coast of the Florida keys in those waters.

Sorry -- just responding to the question that was asked.

Who was the last president to cut sending and lower the debt that was a republican? I honestly don't know and I want you to help me understand fiscal conservatism when I don't see it even with Reagan...

umm who was the last president to raise the national debt by 8,000,000,000,000,000---yes thats what 8 trillion looks like

Movement conservatives are rare in elected office. Conservatism is very popular among the electorate, but politicians often use conservative talking points to get elected, but once elected abandon conservatism. The power connected to federal money is apparently very hard to resist.

not to hijack, but here is another question for conservatives. How can you be all about freedom and choice, but be against abortion?

You have confused "Conservatives" with "Religious Fundamentalists".

A true Conservative supports and defends the Constitution and the Constitutional principles like the Separation of Church and State. Since this infestation of the Republican Party by Religious Fundamentalists who have no thought of or care for the Constitution and the freedoms it provides began decades ago, I do not blame people today for not knowing the difference.

But there IS a difference.

not to hijack, but here is another question for conservatives. How can you be all about freedom and choice, but be against abortion?

There's alot to this question. As a conservative, tea party active, I am Pro life when rape, incest and mothers health is concernced. I also would tend to side with a 1st term abortion. I would ask, for your liberals, why do you allow the death of an innocent child so casually, but fight so hard to keep Heinous felons from dying on death row.

I would also suggest not allowing Women on welfare to become pregnant as I feel it is the worst case of Child abuse our country can show. It IS child abuse. Its where a large part of our crime comes from and in itself the violence within it is No place for a child. If we can go to the Moon, we can keep welfare women from getting pregnent with out sterilization. Women having 5 kids in a poor neighborhood is a tragic occurance.

You have confused "Conservatives" with "Religious Fundamentalists".

A true Conservative supports and defends the Constitution and the Constitutional principles like the Separation of Church and State. Since this infestation of the Republican Party by Religious Fundamentalists who have no thought of or care for the Constitution and the freedoms it provides began decades ago, I do not blame people today for not knowing the difference.

But there IS a difference.

You have confused the belief that an embryo is a human person with religious fundamentalism.

Christopher Hitchens would like to see you in his office.

Sorry Lo Stone.

You have confused the belief that an embryo is a human person with religious fundamentalism.

Christopher Hitchens would like to see you in his office.

Sorry Lo Stone.

I don't give two monkey-craps about what you, I, or anyone else "believes" in regards to the laws that govern our land.

Show me a shred of proof that life begins at conception. Or upon exiting the birth canal. Either or both.

Yes, the Constitution does protect the life of every human. But at what point does a group of cells become a human being? That is what the whole debate should hinge upon. And I have a logical, fact-based, emotionless solution that has precedent, that is measurable, and that is feasible.

Thought.

Brain wave activity is already used as the basis for the cessation of life. If one's heart has stopped beating, you can still be revived, and one is not legally dead. However, when a patient's brain wave activity stops, they are legally dead, and the life support systems can be turned off; organs can be harvested. If the absence of brain wave activity can denote the end of a human life, so too can the presence of brain wave activity be a logical point for the beginning of a human life.

If a woman wants an abortion, a simple test needs to be done. If no brain wave activity is present, the woman is carrying a group of cells that are potential life, but is not yet a human being. Bring on the vacuum. If brain waves are present, then the woman is on the hook to carry the child until birth.

Simple, logical, emotionless, provable, and with an existing precedent.

Hitchins will be waiting a very, very long time before seeing me in his office.