"who cares what the media thinks..."

"the weakest 7-0 (now 8-0) team ever"

"Matt Ryan ain't MVP cause he's got all those weapons..."

"Turner's old..."

"they can't stop the run..."

"noodle arm..."

"yea, but they've struggled against weak teams..."

"can't believe they picked against us again!"

I remember the 2007 season when ALL was lost. "Dog-gate", Vick going to prison, Joey "Blowey" Harrington starting, Bobby Petrino walking out on us, DeAngelo melting down, "I hate y'all" Peerless Price, all those Roddy drops, this very message board being the backdrop for a polarized internet race war, and being the absolute laughing stock of the NFL just after having the #1 selling jersey and the most popular guy in the world on our team a couple of seasons removed from lambasting the Rams in the playoffs and even beating the Packers in Lambeau before that making us believe nothing but good times were ahead all to go away in a heap faster than the economy tanking in '08....absolute football ****!!

Now fast forward to now - unprecedented victory percentage in regular season after the hiring of Mike Smith, the hiring of Thomas Dimitroff, the drafting of Matt Ryan, the FA pickup of Michael Turner, the turnaround of Roddy White. Now after three disappointing losses in the playoffs, we are the 8-0 UNDEFEATED team in the league nobody wants to talk about. Week after week no matter how bad the opposing team is, the ANALysts pick against us hoping, praying, foaming at the mouth that we lose so they can get back to doing what they love to do - hating the Atlanta Falcons, hating on the city of Atlanta period!

But guess what? We won't go away. We refuse to lose. We keep pushing. And most of all we keep WINNING. They can't stand it. I can't get enough of it. They talk about everybody else but us - the Cowgirls, Bounty-Gate, the Texans, Tom Brady, the return of Peyton, Eli and the Giants, anybody, everybody but us hoping we'll go away.

But while all everyone else see is disrespect, all I see is the 8-0 elephant in the room the four-letter network and all the other sports stations keep trying to ignore and I hope it doesn't end until we (and this is my favorite part) hoist that Lombardi IN NEW ORLEANS of all places.

A true Falcon fan's dream coming true? Maybe, maybe not....but the elephant in the room right now is a BIG AZZ FALCON with a hickory stick waiting for it's chance to smack yet another opponent any given Sunday and make the football media world cringe at the thought of having to heap praise upon us for one more week and I LUV IT...GO FALCONS!!

elephant-in-the-room.png

Edited by DBFever2

I'm trying to figure all of this out-

The Giants, whom Chris Collinsworth smirked about and said were better than us, lost to the Cowboys (almost twice) and Philadelphia. They also struggled and were nearly pole-axed by the Skins. They could (should) easily have lost five games already.

The Niners were beat by Minnesota and blown out by the Giants. Collinsworth smirked on them, too.

The Packers have three losses against good teams. Three of them. They also struggled against the lowly Jaguars and Taints. Collinsworth smirked for them, as well.

The Bears beat one team (Indy) with a winning record. (Smirk)

I don't really care what the vibe is about the 8-0 Falcons. I'm amazed that all of the wonderful competition is given any level of respect when they have all struggled and lost whereas we struggled at times and won.

Wowww anybody watching the Taints pregame? Chris Carter just said, during a Cowboys segment, "The team we need to talk about is the Falcons. They've got something very special going on."

Everybody looked at him. The next comment?

"The thing about the Cowboys is..." I couldn't believe it.

It's hilarious. They're openly acknowledging that we're not getting enough credit and they're talking too much about the teams we're beating and not the team that actually won and yet they still continue to do it without missing a freaking beat :lol:

Wowww anybody watching the Taints pregame? Chris Carter just said, during a Cowboys segment, "The team we need to talk about is the Falcons. They've got something very special going on."

Everybody looked at him. The next comment?

"The thing about the Cowboys is..." I couldn't believe it.

did you see him doing the dirty bird as they went to commercial?

In fairness, Ditka did say that Ryan is the most disrespected player in all of football. Iron Mike has always liked Ryan though.

Side note, did anyone catch NFL Live today. Trey Wingnut was talking about the fact that Atlanta gets no respect and said 'like that's gonna change' while he rolled his eyes. Mangini just sat there shaking his head.

Edited by dirtydealin5858

I'm trying to figure all of this out-

The Giants, whom Chris Collinsworth smirked about and said were better than us, lost to the Cowboys (almost twice) and Philadelphia. They also struggled and were nearly pole-axed by the Skins. They could (should) easily have lost five games already.

The Niners were beat by Minnesota and blown out by the Giants. Collinsworth smirked on them, too.

The Packers have three losses against good teams. Three of them. They also struggled against the lowly Jaguars and Taints. Collinsworth smirked for them, as well.

The Bears beat one team (Indy) with a winning record. (Smirk)

I don't really care what the vibe is about the 8-0 Falcons. I'm amazed that all of the wonderful competition is given any level of respect when they have all struggled and lost whereas we struggled at times and won.

tell me about. . . . collinsworth's analysis and opinions are as ugly as he is.

The best way to deal with this situation is for our guys to stay humble , come out and take care of business every week and hopefully get to the superbowl this year.

When our team does all of that and wins in the superbowl it wont really matter if the so called sports media gives our team respect or not because they will be champions.

Yup, agree with just about everyone here and their sentiments. I used to be one of those who got mad when the media wouldn't give us our props and hated when people would respond with the same ole same ole "why do u care what they think" thing, but now I get it and I LUVVVVVV it. The fact they are trying to ignore THE only undefeated team along with rival fans going on the usual "y'all got a weak schedule" dung is tickling me to death.

It's like the Dave Chapelle "Hater's Ball" going on around the league and we're the guest of honor...beautiful!!