Sean Payton 'plans' To Be New Orleans Saints Coach

Kevo

We agree, but he's got some rebuilding to do.

well thats the one thing

a place like Dallas or Philly

he has most all the pieces in Place

but as prissy as I think he is, hes no coward

he will want to right the ship

wish I could wish him luck

but hey you know I cant do that lol

Payton has something in NOLA that he will never have in Dallas...complete autonomy in the Saints organization.

Benson would be the biggest doofus to walk the face of the earth if he doesn't make SP the highest paid coach in the league.

I went to the Saints facility last December,to see the Lombardi trophy. And while I was looking at the trophy, Sean Payton walked by down the hallway behind the trophy...even the way he walks through the facility,he walks through there as if he owns the place.

That's the kind of confidence that this team is missing.

I'm sure he's been working on his plan since week 3. For all the crow I have served up, I realize they'll be back next season.

and probably with a top 10 pick

but hopefully we will have a new banner

and I aint talking about a south champion banner

they can hang that 1 up now IMO

I'm not thinking its going to be that easy.

Coaches who leave the day to day operations of game, for whatever reason, generally dont do as well upon return.

**** Vermeil is the only coach who comes to mind that was better upon return

Remember, Payton's team won in 2009, that is getting to be pretty far back in NFL (not for long) history.

Its a Lombardi nonetheless, but he had a great defensive coordinator and some real talent on defense to help him.

While Payton's teams have made the playoffs the last few years, they have also lost to some teams they were expected to beat.

Saints have proven to be far less likely to win on the road in the playoffs in the Payton era.

With the Falcons being younger, more talented and disciplined, even if Saints are successful, their best chances are as a wild card...

and thats with the prospect of Carolina, who has to get better, and Tampa Bay becoming more beastly every week to deal with.

I'm not seeing Payton's return as the holy grail the Saints are imagining it to be. There is plenty rebuilding to be done.

He will be successful, Brees is a great talent and Payton is tremendous competitor... but this suspension was designed to HURT the Saints.

... and that hurt will last for at least a few more seasons.

I'm not thinking its going to be that easy.

Coaches who leave the day to day operations of game, for whatever reason, generally dont do as well upon return.

**** Vermeil is the only coach who comes to mind that was better upon return

Remember, Payton's team won in 2009, that is getting to be pretty far back in NFL (not for long) history.

Its a Lombardi nonetheless, but he had a great defensive coordinator and some real talent on defense to help him.

While Payton's teams have made the playoffs the last few years, they have also lost to some teams they were expected to beat.

Saints have proven to be far less likely to win on the road in the playoffs in the Payton era.

With the Falcons being younger, more talented and disciplined, even if Saints are successful, their best chances are as a wild card...

and thats with the prospect of Carolina, who has to get better, and Tampa Bay becoming more beastly every week to deal with.

I'm not seeing Payton's return as the holy grail the Saints are imagining it to be. There is plenty rebuilding to be done.

He will be successful, Brees is a great talent and Payton is tremendous competitor... but this suspension was designed to HURT the Saints.

... and that hurt will last for at least a few more seasons.

cool-story-bro-1.jpg

Think it's probable that Payton comes back, but doubt it's 100%. Also thought it was probable they'd sign Brees before they had to use the tag on him and use the tag on Nicks.

He might like the challenge of turning Romo into an elite QB and having a D with Ware, Lee and the rest already in place.

If he turned Romo into an elite QB, and won a 2nd super bowl with another club, think he'd be the first to do that, would certainly cement his position as a HOF coach.

Throw in the fact his kids are in Dallas, his history with the Cowboys, just don't think it's such a slam dunk he coaches the Saints next year.

Won't come down to money- Benson and Jones can pay whatever they need, might come down to Jones giving him Carte Blanche.

Why would Payton leave the hands down best QB in the league in Drew Brees to coach Tony Romo? This is a QB driven league and you have the best there is; also there just seems to be NO logic in leaving an organization where you are basically a Mob Boss, a Don to go to one with a clear step down in the number one position and now instead of a Don, you'd be the consigliere.

Because make no mistake, Jerry Jones is the Don of the Cowboys family.

Edited by SaintsFanInLA