Matt Ryan, In His Last 16 Games, Has Almost 5000 Yards And 37 Tds

falconidae

That's 4860 yards, with 37 TDs and 10 picks. That's 391 out of 614 for a 64% completion percentage and 7.9 YPA.

That's eight games this year, and the last 32 quarters he played last year- he sat out a full game- 1 quarter in the JAX game and 3 full quarters against TB.

He's 13-3 in those games, and threw the potential game winning/tying TD passes, that were dropped, in 2 of the losses.

Think it's a really good bet that Ryan will put up better numbers in the second half of the year than he did in the first- doubt he gets to 5000 because of the way Smith coaches, but 40 TDs and a YPA over 8 are certainly in range.

Then, he needs to translate that into postseason success, think this is the year, think he finally has an OC that will let him play and a D that can back him up.

Well one more win and we most likely make the playoffs- Maybe we should win one more game andf spend the next seven weeks gameplanning for our playoff games since thats where our troubles have been.

The last few weeks I have been stressed about playing the NFC East; however, late in the fourth quarter last night, I finally relaxeaegean I was struch with an epiphany: our previous coordinators have conditioned me to expect a letdown in prime time games. We beat Dallas/Eagles relatively easily and my stress level can return to normal due to the talent we have at offensive/ defensive coordinator. I no longer have to worry about us being unprepared or having a poor gameplan. Our talent is now being put in positions to succeed. We can even absorb significant injuries and persevere. We will be absolutely fine in the post-season this year.

That's 4860 yards, with 37 TDs and 10 picks. That's 391 out of 614 for a 64% completion percentage and 7.9 YPA.

That's eight games this year, and the last 32 quarters he played last year- he sat out a full game- 1 quarter in the JAX game and 3 full quarters against TB.

He's 13-3 in those games, and threw the potential game winning/tying TD passes, that were dropped, in 2 of the losses.

Think it's a really good bet that Ryan will put up better numbers in the second half of the year than he did in the first- doubt he gets to 5000 because of the way Smith coaches, but 40 TDs and a YPA over 8 are certainly in range.

Then, he needs to translate that into postseason success, think this is the year, think he finally has an OC that will let him play and a D that can back him up.

Can you say Elite?

Guest Negatorris

Id be lying if I said I wasn't scared of losing another playoff game. I pray we get that first one under our belt, then we can really let loose.

I'll be extremely nervous before that game, I'm sure. I know what to expect from the regular season Falcons, but the post season still makes you nerve wrecking.

I was more shocked than angry after that last playoff game. But I feel like they won't let us down again. A Superbowl run would pretty much erase all the negative critiques about this team.

Good work Idae.

Aren't you sick of the postseason disclaimer? I am. Buddy got to kill that monkey. For you, me and about 2,394,794 others.

Aren't you sick of the postseason disclaimer?

Trust me, when we win the playoff game, it will become something else. You can even hear it in their voice when they are giving us props. They're still not into what they are saying like when they talk about their darling teams.

This guy is the real deal. Even last year i saw him regress in certain areas but i knew the beating he was taking was having a toll. I was also confident a change in scheme would benefit him exponentially. If this team can address these protection issues he can excel even more. We have to improve the o line through whatever means possible this off season.

Good work Idae.

Aren't you sick of the postseason disclaimer? I am. Buddy got to kill that monkey. For you, me and about 2,394,794 others.

Sure am, even more tired of those who keep harping on it as if he could do something about it at the moment.

Think this is the year- Ryan has taken his game to a new level, and the D can back him up this year.

Really enjoying watching this team have a special year.

does this count the playoff dud from last year ?

So, I've got a minute, let's check on my Ryan Predictions from earlier in the year.

Maybe you should go back to drawing board

Yes your 35 TDs to 9 ints and 4700 yards is fairly unrealistic and to top it off

you say 600 pass attempts but earlier you stated a YPA @ 8.25 . You do the math it should lead you to 7.8 YPA

The more vertical seam routes the higher chances his int # will spike

OMG OMG OMG, I did the math wrong on a message board. I hope the messageboard police will let me off with a warning, oh wait...

Last year, for the last 32 quarters, Ryan threw 314 times, for 61%, 2500 yards, 20 TDs and 4 INTs, 7.9 YPA. If he can throw 20 TDs in 8 games worth of quarters, he can throw 35 in 16. Same with the INTs.

Love how you always extrapolate negatively, but never positively, for Ryan.

My revised numbers :400/600/ 66%/ 36 TD/9INT/ 4860 yards/ 8.1 YPA.

So halfway through the year, Ryan's numbers are:

206/ 299/ 68.9%/ 17 TDs/ 6 INT/ 2360 yards/ 7.9 YPA

Doubled would be

412/ 598/ 68.9%/ 34 TDs/ 12 INT/ 4720 yards/ 7.9 YPA.

Looking good so far.