11.5 Updated Mock Draft

Zodiac

Based on game needs from immediate perspective. (I'll post an in detail one tomorrow that might have changes based on what I saw in the All-22 when I review on Game Rewind)

Round 1, 32nd Overall Pick- Jonathan Cooper-Guard-North Carolina. 6'3 310 LBs. While Cooper isn't a mauler in the run game he is a very good pass protecting guard and is a very good fit for a zone blocking scheme (Which we run) Cooper would be a much better pulling option than Reynolds or Blalock. (I'm assuming we move Konz to C next year) He's able to get some good push in the run game when he gets his legs driving and knows how to seal defenders out of the lane and get to the 2nd level. While he doesn't have the power of Warmack or polish of Jones, Cooper is still a very good guard in his own right and should be plug and play.

Round 2, 64th Overall Pick- Ezekiel "Ziggy" Ansah-DE/5-Tech/OLB/UT-BYU, 6'7 270 LBs. Ziggy Ansah is a very raw guy with a ton of potential. Right now his pass rush moves are still very basic, he relies a lot on his Athleticism and hand work to get pressure. His versatility is stupid amazing, he's lined up everywhere at BYU including NT. He'll need a lot of polish but he's still relatively new to the game as he's from Accra, Ghana. I will say this once he does get everything down pat he has Julius Pepper's potential. However he probably won't get to that level until his 3rd or 4th year in the league.

Round 3, 96th Overall Pick- Levine Toilolo-TE-Stanford-6'8-265 LBs. Toilolo is Stanford's other TE aside from Ertz. Usually when you're 6'8 you don't have very fluid movement skills. That's not the case with Toilolo as he moves very fluidly throughout the field and is smooth in and out of his breaks. Toilolo also has a good pair of hands and while he doesn't have the speed to consistently stretch the field vertically he's a huge threat in the red zone and in the middle of the field. Giving Matt another large target is never a bad idea and that's exactly what Toilolo is.

Round 3, Compensatory Pick- Quanterus Smith-DE/OLB-Western Kentucky- Because you've never heard of him you won't believe anything I say so here's this.

Round 4, 106th Overall Pick (Trade our 4th and 6th)- Dennis Johnson-RB-Arkansas- Johnson is one of the top 5 backs in this class skill wise but the fact that Arkansas has waited so long to give him touches has really hurt his stock. The Falcons are getting a steal here as Johnson is the best all around back in this class as he brings excellent running, returning, blocking, and good receiving ability. The only big knock on Johnson are fumbles, something he still has issues with. Johnson also doesn't have break-away speed but has great acceleration. I have Johnson as my #3 RB in this class and it's very possible he might not be here come April.

Round 5, 160th Overall Pick- Devonte Christopher-WR-Utah- Christopher is another guy that has great return ability and is also a weapon out of the slot and possess good size at 6'1 200 LBs with good speed and agility. Christopher's route running is decent as are his hands. He needs polish but he could become a good #3 WR.

Round 7, 224th Overall Pick-Joe Madsen-C-WVU-Depth

I'm counting the money from Weems in aggregate with that. I think we lost 6-7 Mil worth to FA in total and we didn't get anything in return...so that's a 3rd rounder IMO

That's not how it works. They split it up. We'll probably get a 4th for Lofton and a 7th for Weems. I'd love to have the 3rd, but I don't see it happening.

That's not how it works. They split it up. We'll probably get a 4th for Lofton and a 7th for Weems. I'd love to have the 3rd, but I don't see it happening.

No one really knows how it works...I think they add all the contracts up and then allocate the picks.

I don't like that draft at all . Konz looks like he is staying at Guard . If anything Hawley might be moved to C . We're not going to spend back to back first picks on online where this is greater areas of need and future considerations we have to look into . The lack of pass rush is concerning . A DE would be first round need pick . A DB also to consider to start planning for Dunta and Asante getting up in age . A rb to replace Turner and cut his 5 mil salary .

Plus the TE from Standford would be a horrible fit for 4 vertical system . We are going to look for a TE that can stretch the seam routes

I don't like that draft at all . Konz looks like he is staying at Guard . If anything Hawley might be moved to C . We're not going to spend back to back first picks on online where this is greater areas of need and future considerations we have to look into . The lack of pass rush is concerning . A DE would be first round need pick . A DB also to consider to start planning for Dunta and Asante getting up in age . A rb to replace Turner and cut his 5 mil salary .

Plus the TE from Standford would be a horrible fit for 4 vertical system . We are going to look for a TE that can stretch the seam routes

We don't run vertical, we run Spread/WCO.

2nd of all I gave us two DEs and a RB. Konz isn't really a great fit for Guard, he doesn't have the functional strength to be a consistently effective run blocker; aside from that Joe Hawley has looked mediocre-average in every game he's started. Konz is a much better fit at Center than he is at RG.

With the way Owens and McClain are playing we don't need to go for a DB, I also doubt we cut Dunta. If anyone gets the Pink Slip it's likely Ray Edwards

I like the draft, but Cooper in the first would only make sense if guys like Jordan, Okafor, and Eifert are gone. If that's the case I am fine with Cooper cause I agree we still need a RG. Kinda hoping we find one in FA tho

Jordan is likely a top 15 pick at this point and Okafor has started moving up boards inside the top 20. Eifert's stock is fluid but if the Steelers are picking before us then I think that's where Eifert goes

I don't see why Konz can't stay at guard. I think he is going very well there

He is in pass protection but he doesn't really have the functional strength to be an effective run blocker. You could see it as he struggled at times to move the Dallas 5-techs off the POA or out of the running lane

Jordan is likely a top 15 pick at this point and Okafor has started moving up boards inside the top 20. Eifert's stock is fluid but if the Steelers are picking before us then I think that's where Eifert goes

Well with everyone's stock rising apparently, hopefully Warmack or Jones slips through the cracks to our pick.

Ive been debating like crazy over rather i should put Quanterus Smithin the last mock ill do during the season.. Ive seen multiple of his games... Dude has the pass rushing skills plus i love this quote in a Q&A from him

Matt Falk (DraftSeason): What current NFL player do you feel you resemble the most?

Quanterus Smith: I like to think Demarcus Ware

Matt Falk (DraftSeason): What is your passion when you aren’t chasing quarterbacks on the field?

Quanterus Smith: Watching the Falcons win

Yes...He is a Ga home grown product that loves his falcons

Overall tho... My 1st 2 out of 3 picks will be to improve our D-Line/rush OLB ... To me.. We just dont get to the QB enough and even tho Abe is a good pass rusher.. He is aging... We need talented young talent on the D-Line asap...

Ive been debating like crazy over rather i should put Quanterus Smithin the last mock ill do during the season.. Ive seen multiple of his games... Dude has the pass rushing skills plus i love this quote in a Q&A from him

Yes...He is a Ga home grown product that loves his falcons

Overall tho... My 1st 2 out of 3 picks will be to improve our D-Line/rush OLB ... To me.. We just dont get to the QB enough and even tho Abe is a good pass rusher.. He is aging... We need talented young talent on the D-Line asap...

I really like Smith, his stock won't get the same boost because he plays in the Sun Belt, and even though he did get 3 sacks against Bama two of them were against a first year starting LT and against Fluker who will probably have to move inside at the next level.

Also yeah he's a big Falcons fan.

I agree with you about the pass rush, that's why I gave us the two versatile guys in Ansah (Who can play every front 7 position you could think of except for 1 Gap NT and MLB and Quanterus Smith who's a great hybrid player.

I really like Smith, his stock won't get the same boost because he plays in the Sun Belt, and even though he did get 3 sacks against Bama two of them were against a first year starting LT and against Fluker who will probably have to move inside at the next level.

Also yeah he's a big Falcons fan.

I agree with you about the pass rush, that's why I gave us the two versatile guys in Ansah (Who can play every front 7 position you could think of except for 1 Gap NT and MLB and Quanterus Smith who's a great hybrid player.

Yea i saw that... Ansah is interesting (had him in my mock) .... I think his 1st couple years he will mainly go off pure athleticism as a pass rusher (be he is stout against the run now) .. But as we seen with JPP in his 1st year... If your DC use you creativly (like coach nolan is) ... His athletic ability will get him some sacks... But dude can be really good in the future...

It's clear that this is the last season that McClure starts at center. So it's either Konz, Hawley or a top

draft pick. Clabo played guard first, and might be better suited for that position -- he seems to lack

the quickness for the good speed rushers. So it might be better to draft a stud at RT & move Clabo.

I just can't figure out Lt given the way Baker has played so far -- I was sooo ready to cut him loose.

It's clear that this is the last season that McClure starts at center. So it's either Konz, Hawley or a top

draft pick. Clabo played guard first, and might be better suited for that position -- he seems to lack

the quickness for the good speed rushers. So it might be better to draft a stud at RT & move Clabo.

I just can't figure out Lt given the way Baker has played so far -- I was sooo ready to cut him loose.

That's always a possibility but I think the coaches are happy with what Clabo has done at RT, and really aside from Jake Matthews who is also likely a top 10 pick the only T available there is likely Central Michigan's Eric Fisher.

I believe that there is a lot more flexibility with interior lineman in this draft in terms of depth and stock