Akeem Dent... Long-Term Solution At Mlb?

I have to admitt that I had high hoped for Dent based off the fact that the Falcons thought high enough of him to let Curtis Lofton walk(obviously part of it was Lofton's lack of coverage ability and desire for money). I just have to say that threw the first half of the season I haven't been impressed with Dent's play. It's not that he is a liability and I know his snaps were limited due to Nolan's use of the nickle defense, but I'm just not seeing any noticable impact from the guy. No INTs, no FFs, no sacks, and he's definitely not the run stuffer 50 was for the defense over the past couple seasons(26th in the NFL in rushing yards allowed).

What do you guys think?

he has improved a lot from the beginning of the year to now. If he continues to improve I think we will be fine. I think our draft will be very interesting this year. I think instead of the meat and potatoes approach that we had last year, we will be looking to add flash. I think we could very well take a TE and RB early.

He played very well last night, but I want to see some more before we can pronounce the position filled. Still not convinced yet.

If by "he played a good game" you mean "he turned and sprinted deep enough to not be a liability", then sure! Otherwise, he only made one or two plays where he already had someone on the ball carrier. He wasn't a glaring disaster, but he did not play well.

If by "he played a good game" you mean "he turned and sprinted deep enough to not be a liability", then sure! Otherwise, he only made one or two plays where he already had someone on the ball carrier. He wasn't a glaring disaster, but he did not play well.

He had more solo tackles than any of our other LBs last night. He had a pdef as well. I thought he showed a lot of improvement.

I don't think so personally. I'm not the GM, but I never really liked Dent. I don't think he is the sideline to sideline guy you need. We need another guy in the mold of Spoon. Either way, I think we have to bring in another ILB. Someone to compete with Dent at least.

Dent solid back up run downs only we need a high motor and coverage lb i think we should draft a linebacker and wit nic spoon dent and a young hybrid cuz spoon can do all position and nic solid

Draft nt or best avail lb that runs atleast a 4.4 .... trade up n let nolan decide