Pat Y

Falconsfan567

Pat Y is wrong. Ryan had almost 350 yards and both Julio and Roddy had over 100 yards yet in the words of Pat Y they were just ordinary. Really Pat?

Turner came through on a night when Ryan, Jones, White and Gonzalez were only ordinary, and the Falcons managed only two field goals before the fourth quarter. Prior to Turner’s long run, the Dallas pass rush was all over Ryan, who rarely had time to find receivers downfield. After Turner’s big run, the Dallas pass rush was neutralized.

Link

Yeah Pat....Ryan's effort was ordinary....I mean he was brutally faceplanted from the blindside and bounced right back up...had intense pressure in his face all night....and still made clutch throw after clutch throw when it mattered. Yeah Pat...I'm sure most of the 32 starting qb's in the NFL coulda bounced right up after that brain rattling trauma and actually sharpened his game without missing a play.

Yeah...totally ordinary effort Pat.

It's sad what ESPN has become since it's early days. Glad I took the time when I did a job in Bristol Conn recently to stand outside ESPN's buidling giving them the "You're Number One" salute with both hands.

I thought all our guys showed up.... No disrespect to Turner .... He had 2 good runs last night... He didnt carry this team.. His runs were major tho... I looked at the game last night again... We left pionts on the field but im proud of Ryan.... DUDE WAS GETTING BLASTED .... Even on his completions... Dude didnt flinch... He wasnt antsy in the pocket and he moved good in the pocket when he needed to.

I was glad to hear Coach Ditka praise Ryan for that..... Ditka gave Matt Ryan his props.. So did Deion... On the 3rd ranked pass D.. Matt Ryan threw for over 340 yards, 10+ yards a completion, and 70% ...

Matt Ryan is the 1st QB to throw for 300+ yards on the Cowboys

LMAO! Ryan completed over 70% of his passes for over 340 yards, 10.1 ypa, and a 102 QB rating. If that was "ordinary", 5440 passing yards in the season would be "ordinary" (if you throw for 340 every game, it's 5440 yards on the season).

And rarely had time to find receivers downfield? 38 yards to Julio, 20 yards to Julio, 18 to Roddy, 20 to Roddy, 18 to Julio, 26 to Roddy, 20 to Roddy, 16 to Roddy, 48 to Julio, and 36 to Quizz (ok, this was a short throw, but still a big play in the passing game). 10 explosive plays in the passing game in 4 quarters (believe the criteria is 16+ yards for passes). 7 explosive plays if you go by league standards of 20 yards or more. I'll take that every week.

I'll just add: Going into MNF, Matt Ryan has the 3rd most passing yards of any QB this weekend. With no picks. Against the 5th best passing defense (yards/game allowed).

The two QBs ahead of him were:

Andrew Luck, who played the 4th worst passing defense (Miami), and

Carson Palmer, who played the worst (Tampa Bay).

Ordinary stupidity.

I'll just add: Going into MNF, Matt Ryan has the 3rd most passing yards of any QB this weekend. With no picks. Against the 5th best passing defense (yards/game allowed).

The two QBs ahead of him were:

Andrew Luck, who played the 4th worst passing defense (Miami), and

Carson Palmer, who played the worst (Tampa Bay).

Ordinary stupidity.

He's going to face the worst secondary in NFL history twice (Taints).

I thought all our guys showed up.... No disrespect to Turner .... He had 2 good runs last night... He didnt carry this team.. His runs were major tho... I looked at the game last night again... We left pionts on the field but im proud of Ryan.... DUDE WAS GETTING BLASTED .... Even on his completions... Dude didnt flinch... He wasnt antsy in the pocket and he moved good in the pocket when he needed to.

I was glad to hear Coach Ditka praise Ryan for that..... Ditka gave Matt Ryan his props.. So did Deion... On the 3rd ranked pass D.. Matt Ryan threw for over 340 yards, 10+ yards a completion, and 70% ...

Watching ESPN right now and Merril Hodge doesn't have Matt Ryan listed as a top 5 QB, while Jaws has Ryan as Number Two QB in the NFL. Ryan is a legitimate candidate for league MVP, but the Falcons would have to win the Super Bowl for him to win it. At any rate, he's by far the best player on this Falcon team and the primary reason they're 8-0.

Watching ESPN right now and Merril Hodge doesn't have Matt Ryan listed as a top 5 QB, while Jaws has Ryan as Number Two QB in the NFL. Ryan is a legitimate candidate for league MVP, but the Falcons would have to win the Super Bowl for him to win it. At any rate, he's by far the best player on this Falcon team and the primary reason they're 8-0.

MVP is announced before the Superbowl...

Ryan under Mularkey would've had like 190 yards passing last night against that Dallas D. BVG would've gave up 30+ points. Man, what a difference coordinators make.

Ya know sometimes I really enjoy Pat Y's commentary on the NFC South, and the Falcons. But This was one of the lamest comments I ever heard from any sports analyst about any game. Seriously, there is no way he watched that game to conclude that Matt, Julio or Roddy were "average." Now Tony had an average night compared to his usual game, but as always made the key plays we needed to keep drives alive. But DANG PAT, Matt, Julio and Roddy were nothing less than spectacular, especially Matt. To light up that defense while getting his brains bashed in was one of his best games ever.

Ryan under Mularkey would've had like 190 yards passing last night against that Dallas D. BVG would've gave up 30+ points. Man, what a difference coordinators make.

Exactly. The Falcons were tied at 6 at halftime. If MM and BVG had still been here there's no doubt in my mind the game would have been 21-0 or maybe even worst and the game would have been over.

JBO this is one thing I have never doubted about Ryan even with average at best pass protection throughout his career.

Ryan to me has always shown toughness he seems to have the same mentality as CB's who get torched basically will stand in there take a shot and keep coming I've always loved that about Ryan.

As for the rest of Pat Y's comments to me in our locker room they don't care what anyone says a W is a W regardless who gets it done.

To me I thought Roddy White showed to me why he is a top 5 WRer in this league he has a complete game and his down field blocking on DB's and LBers is best in the league for a WRer and Julio won't be to far behind though I was shocked to see him get run down by Bruce Carter who was great for the Boy's yesterday.

Edited by kiwifalcon

I saw his article and thought exactly the same thing: Ryan throws for 350, Julio & Roddy are each over 100 and Turner is over 100. And it's an "ordinary game?

I think perspectives might have been different if Matt Bryant doesn't miss those two field goals that are normally automatic for him. Don't worry MB, you're entitled to be human. Just keep hitting those game winners.