Falcons Boring?

Here's an interesting article from NFL.com.

http://www.nfl.com/n...-might-disagree

With half of their regular season complete, the Atlanta Falcons are perfect.

Are you impressed? Bored? A combination of both?

The 8-0 Falcons are like the CBS sitcom "Big Bang Theory." It's hugely successful. You understand why that is. Still, you'd never rank it above other shows that, while less successful, just seem to have more to them.

If the Falcons thought they could use the Sunday night stage to earn that respect they crave, they're going to be disappointed. Their 19-13 win over the Dallas Cowboys was professional and workmanlike, the type of game good teams grind out for a positive result.

But it wasn't particularly awe-inspiring. Should that matter?

Not particularly. Short of a 16-0 run, the Falcons aren't going to be respected until they start winning some games in January. Matt Ryan-led teams have come up snake eyes in three postseason runs. The result is a stigma: The Falcons are good ... until it really counts.

That said, we should try not to discount what the Falcons have done through nine weeks. With the season at its halfway point, they've put themselves in great position to line up a playoff run on their terms. After all, they can go .500 the rest of the way and still conceivably get the NFC's No. 1 seed. That means no trips to Lambeau, or San Francisco, or New Jersey.

Call the Falcons boring if you wish. But they have the record that every other team wants. They're doing something right.

Follow Dan Hanzus on Twitter @danhanzus.

Edited by Chitown2ATL_Falcon

Off the field we're boring as ****, there are zero dramas around the Falcons since Ryan has been here.

On the field we beat teams any which way we want, we never beat ourselves and when we're winning in the 4th we make sure we stay winning. If that's boring then I'll take it.

The 8-0 Falcons are like the CBS sitcom "Big Bang Theory." It's hugely successful. You understand why that is. Still, you'd never rank it above other shows that, while less successful, just seem to have more to them.

If the Falcons thought they could use the Sunday night stage to earn that respect they crave, they're going to be disappointed. Their 19-13 win over the Dallas Cowboys was professional and workmanlike, the type of game good teams grind out for a positive result.

Not particularly. Short of a 16-0 run, the Falcons aren't going to be respected until they start winning some games in January. Matt Ryan-led teams have come up snake eyes in three postseason runs. The result is a stigma: The Falcons are good ... until it really counts.

That said, we should try not to discount what the Falcons have done through nine weeks. With the season at its halfway point, they've put themselves in great position to line up a playoff run on their terms. After all, they can go .500 the rest of the way and still conceivably get the NFC's No. 1 seed. That means no trips to Lambeau, or San Francisco, or New Jersey.

Call the Falcons boring if you wish. But they have the record that every other team wants. They're doing something right.

The Big bang Theory is successful because it's a quality show, it's not one of those stupid *** Drama/reality shows.

The Falcons are a quality team without all the stupid drama, I'll take that any day of the week.

I've been thoroughly entertained by both the Falcons and The BIg Bang Theory. If this is boring, then bore me to death.

I hope the media doesn't think the falcons want respect from them, all we want is some ******* TV time following the game. Most fans get to watch their teams highlights aftera win- we get to watch 2 plays and a whole clip about the opponent we defeated

That the exact reason as soon as the game was over I changed the channel. I knew it was going to be all about what the cowgirls did wrong and nothing about what Atlanta did right.

Screw em! I think I'll even turn the volume down next week. I don't care to hear about Breesus being the all time stat leader while at the same time getting his azz handed to him by the Falcons.

Actually. . .boring wins championships. . . .

You are correct. The Patriots and the Steelers to me are boring, but they win championships. They do it with good solid play and strong fundamentals. This is why Mr. Blank hired TD, he wants to copy that Patriot format. They may have a guy here and there do something stupid but mostly you never hear about those teams. They get respect by winning championships.

You are correct. The Patriots and the Steelers to me are boring, but they win championships. They do it with good solid play and strong fundamentals. This is why Mr. Blank hired TD, he wants to copy that Patriot format. They may have a guy here and there do something stupid but mostly you never hear about those teams. They get respect by winning championships.

I think Falcons are more closely following the format of Steelers. Mr Blank took advice from Rooney(Steelers owner) after the 2007 season. Steelers like to keep only players who are clean and ship them off there is a trouble. Even Big Ben was almost shipped out of Pittsburgh. Mike Tomlin so much like MS, he could have scored a TD against the Giants but just ran the clock out.