Instant Reactions: Atlanta Vs. Cowboys

KRUNKuno

The falcons made this game closer than what it should've been, but they came out with a win. Still points to improve on, but still signs of life.

1. The run game showed life in the second half. Turner showed he still has it. I saw some shiftyness, burst and power. It is imperative that they keep this trend going.

2. Good teams know how to finish. The falcons made the plays to win the game, but that killer instinct is still lacking. The offense made strides, however, towards that stomp on throats mentality with that last drive.

3. Quizz gets the game ball, hands down.

4. Defense has gone two weeks without a turnover. This can be viewed as a positive since the notion was that this team can't win without creating turnovers. Again, the defense bottled up the cowboys. They were held to 13 points after torching the giants the week before.

5. Nolan did as Nolan did and schemed to ensure that the loss of weatherspoon was not a deal breaker. Again, 13 points.

6. Both julio and roddy over 100 yards. Can't debate the magnitude of that. Those guys are a force.

7. Matt Ryan may have had the most quiet 340+ yard game ever.

8. Nolan didn't dial up as many pressure plays, probably because spoon was out. Defense got no sacks, but they did what they needed to do.

9. Matt Bryant had an awful game. I don't know what that was, but it was uncharacteristic. He'll bounce back.

10. The dome was rocking the whole night. Kudos to those that went.

Extra point: this team plays like they know their going to win. That mindset goes a long way.

Along with Matt Ryan, Roddy White is the MVP of our offense this season hands down. Not just the tough as nails catches in traffic, big third down conversions etc. but his blocking has been as good as any reciever I've ever seen. Roddy is the most underrated player in the NFL, for crhissakes players who aren't half the player he is, like Dez Bryant Miles Austin and D-Jackson get more pub, **** shame, 'cause dude is an undisputed top 5 reciever in this league year in year out for the last five seasons.

Along with Matt Ryan, Roddy White is the MVP of our offense this season hands down. Not just the tough as nails catches in traffic, big third down conversions etc. but his blocking has been as good as any reciever I've ever seen. Roddy is the most underrated player in the NFL, for crhissakes players who aren't half the player he is, like Dez Bryant Miles Austin and D-Jackson get more pub, **** shame, 'cause dude is an undisputed top 5 reciever in this league year in year out for the last five seasons.

Nope, it should be just Roddy White. He prevented what would have been an INT by Claiborne if he hadn't locked his arm in place, which fortunately didn't get called.

Bryant is still the best, he can't make em all. Ryan and the offense had opportunities, if it wasn't for Bryant we would have no win tonight. I liked to see the offense play pretty well against a great defense. OUR defense on the other hand was stellar, great game even without Spoon.

Agreed! Our D was awesome tonight. Romo had the one drive in the 4th quarter and it was no huddle. I think people get too caught up in thinking our guys have to score 30 points every game. Sometimes it's nice to know the defense can make a play. smile.png

Agreed! Our D was awesome tonight. Romo had the one drive in the 4th quarter and it was no huddle. I think people get too caught up in thinking our guys have to score 30 points every game. Sometimes it's nice to know the defense can make a play. smile.png

Yea, I don't even think romo eclipsed 300 yards until the last play of the game.