Dez Bryant Game Time Decision Now

Jay Glazer confirmed on FOX's pregame show that Dez Bryant (hip) is a "true game-time decision" for Sunday night's game at Atlanta.

Glazer confirmed ESPN Dallas' story that Dez fell on his hip in Friday's walkthrough, had a bit of a setback, and the Cowboys won't determine his playing status until pre-game warmups Sunday evening. Kevin Ogletree (hamstring) is also listed as questionable, so there are no guarantees on Dallas' starting wideout opposite Miles Austin. It could be Bryant, Ogletree, or Dwayne Harris. Stay tuned for updates throughout the day.

Like I said in the other thread, I doubt he plays because they let him go party on Friday. If he is playing and is apart of the gameplan, why would you let your #1 WR go out when he needs to be focusing on getting the win on Sunday? That would be a really poor decision by the coaches. But it wouldn't surprise me since it's the Cowboys.

Like I said in the other thread, I doubt he plays because they let him go party on Friday. If he is playing and is apart of the gameplan, why would you let your #1 WR go out when he needs to be focusing on getting the win on Sunday? That would be a really poor decision by the coaches. But it wouldn't surprise me since it's the Cowboys.

Yea , Shannon Sharpe was doggin him pretty good about that. The guy gets excused from practice all week and then goes out and gets drunk Friday night. Dez is an idiot.

Yea , Shannon Sharpe was doggin him pretty good about that. The guy gets excused from practice all week and then goes out and gets drunk Friday night. Dez is an idiot.

It makes no excuse and is pathetic. You have a job to do and are more worried about celebrating your birthday than the game on Sunday but I can't believe the team gave him permission. That's why I don't think he plays. If he does, the Cowboys just made themselves look as stupid as we all believe they are.

Dang. If we lose this game, I don't want to see a single "Weatherspoon was out" excuse because these guys are worse off than we are.

I hear ya.

Between Whitten and Austin, they will test our Secondary all day, and you know

what we did wit Davis last week will be employeed against us today.

So if we see Dez today, expect him to get some looks and the bo name to burn us.

Personally, I would like nothing more than to see Romo go into a melt down, but

that is not happening today.

It makes no excuse and is pathetic. You have a job to do and are more worried about celebrating your birthday than the game on Sunday but I can't believe the team gave him permission. That's why I don't think he plays. If he does, the Cowboys just made themselves look as stupid as we all believe they are.

I guess that makes everyone pathetic because i have yet to meet a person who focusses more on work than their birthday when that occasion comes up.

I guess that makes everyone pathetic because i have yet to meet a person who focusses more on work than their birthday when that occasion comes up.

Of course there is that guy who takes it out of context. It's pathetic because he wanted to go out to the club and party when he has a job to do. Do I need to break it down for you?

NFL players work 6 months out the year roughly. If you win, you get Monday and Tuesday off. So they work Wednesday through Sunday. Dez could have celebrated Monday, one day after his birthday, with something less "exciting". Roddy White's birthday was on Friday. Did he go out and hit the clubs hard? Highly doubt it. When the Falcons have partied, it's always been AFTER the game was played. On Friday, your focus should be the game in 2 days. On Monday, your focus can be on whatever you want it to be on.

For a regular Joe Blow, like you compare it to, we work at least 5 days a week with around 10 days of "allowed" time off. So when our birthdays come around, it's a little easier to allow that person to celebrate since they work 70% of their year. If you have a big project to present for a deal on Friday and your birthday is on Wednesday, are you going to the club Wednesday because it's your birthday or would you wait until that deal is closed?

EDIT: I forgot he was hurt and missed every practice. So let's say you didn't come to work Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday during the week of a big deal. Then you come in on Thursday after party the night before for your birthday. How would your boss feel or how would you feel if your best employee did that? There's no way around it.

The point he's supposed to be hurt. Birthday or not, an injury doesn't take the day off because of a birthday. Logic dictates you take it easy seeing as how you just FELL in practice earlier in the day supposedly because of an injury. This is more about common sense than anything else.

It's his birthday, guys!

And? He's acting like he's so broke down in practice falling all over the place yet goes partying by nightfall. Whatever. I really don't care. Just glad he's a COWBOY problem and not a FALCONS problem. He has poor judgement off the field and has proven it on more than one time.

And? He's acting like he's so broke down in practice falling all over the place yet goes partying by nightfall. Whatever. I really don't care. Just glad he's a COWBOY problem and not a FALCONS problem. He has poor judgement off the field and has proven it on more than one time.

Well I was just being sarcastic. rolleyes.gif Either way, not being able to practice means you can't go out somewhere? He probably shouldn't be going out regardless but his hip injury doesn't mean he can't go to a club. Playing football is just a little bit more physical than going to the club. Just a little.