The Two Atlanta Policemen That Perished Tonight Were Probably Falcon Fans

Sorry to report two of ATL's finest perished in a copter crash in the city tonight.

In the neighborhood I grew up in. Not the greatest hood. Trust me.

They were probably just trying to protect the people.

I bet both of them were true Falcon fans.

I'm praying for their families now.

Sorry to hear that FFS70 how did that happen. I just got back from the Georgia game earlier so I'm a little out of touch with the local news.

Sorry to report two of ATL's finest perished in a copter crash in the city tonight.

Sho nuff.......I grew over there too, Peyton Rd here......Prayers go out to the families

RIP. . . . I went to Frederick Douglass High School over there from 1998 to 2002 and was just inside that very CVS Pharmacy 1.5 months ago . know that area really well as I rode MARTA everyday while going to school out there. . . . . . . weird considering I was just looking at pursuing a career as an officer with APD. my condolences. hate accidents like these.

As first responders, we leave home everyday with an unspoken reality that we may never return. It's clear that we don't do this for money. Rest in peace family. The Atlanta Police/Fire/EMT/1stRES community is very tight-knit. Our love goes out to your families.

Edited by Dusty

Even if they weren't doesn't make this any less unfortunate and tragic.

Edited by JerseyNo12

My wife just read that terrible news to me, but FFS70 just put a very personal touch on the tragedy. We live in such a congested society where it is so easy to become impersonal towards one another, yet we all share common interests that bind us. These poor unfortunate officers could very well have been Falcon Fans and for all we know may have even been board members

I will pray for them and their families, and remember when some petty inconvenience puts me in a bad mood this week just how very fortunate I truly am.