Great Article On Vick

Bart2Ryan+beyond

Yeah, I know - who the heck needs another article on Vick on the Falcons MB, but this is really good:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8583255/the-polarizing-michael-vick

As for me, I'll always remember the Vick days with disappointment and unrealized potential. I'm ticked at him for not working hard enough on the craft of being a complete QB. He admitted as much after he returned from jail to the NFL.

But man he was electric and magical - 2002 and 2004 were great years to be a Falcons fan. 2005 and 2006 were more like "how the eff do we not have even a winning season after we started each year 6-2 and 5-2 respectively?"

As for now I don't want Vick to be successful mostly for one reason - the divide I see in Vick fans (pretending to be Falcons fans) still bitter that the Falcons let him go and won't accept his replacement. Let's be honest, race probably plays a large role in that, and it's ok in my mind that if you became a Falcons fan because of Vick that you take your allegiance to Philly, but don't start wishing that Ryan is a failure to show how good Vick was. Just declare yourself an Eagles fan and fly away.

On the other hand if Ryan leads Atl to a SB win and if Vick moves on to an AFC team, then I'd probably start cheering for him again.

SMDH, what could've been.

I LIKE MIKE VICK AND MATT RYAN TOO. IF YOU'VE EVER PLAYED

FOR THE FALCONS, YOU HAVE A PLACE IN MY HEART. THERE

IS NOT AN EX-FALCON ON ANOTHER TEAM THAT I DISLIKE. I EVEN

LIKE DeANGELO HALL, AND THATS SAYING SOMETHING. BUT

LIKING THESE GUYS DON'T DIMINISH MY LOYALTY TO THE FALCONS.

TO ME .... ONCE A FALCON ..... ALWAYS A FALCON. AND I'VE SEEN

EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM THAT HAS EVER WORN THAT UNIFORM.

47 YEARS WORTH.

I LIKE MIKE VICK AND MATT RYAN TOO. IF YOU'VE EVER PLAYED

FOR THE FALCONS, YOU HAVE A PLACE IN MY HEART. THERE

IS NOT AN EX-FALCON ON ANOTHER TEAM THAT I DISLIKE. I EVEN

LIKE DeANGELO HALL, AND THATS SAYING SOMETHING. BUT

LIKING THESE GUYS DON'T DIMINISH MY LOYALTY TO THE FALCONS.

TO ME .... ONCE A FALCON ..... ALWAYS A FALCON. AND I'VE SEEN

EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM THAT HAS EVER WORN THAT UNIFORM.

47 YEARS WORTH.

Rev, I've been a fan since 1980 and I'll always have some degree of wishing Vick well (like I said when he moves to the AFC) but I draw the line on Meangelo Hall.

I'll never forgive him for trying to intercept that Hail Mary pass by Brees at the end of the first half in a game in Atlanta in 05 or 06. He can say he wasn't trying to INT the pass all he wants - that's what he told Mora - but I call BS on that!

Selfish prick! I'm still riled about it (in case you couldn't tell smile.png )

Yeah I don't get the immature logic I see here sometimes where you can only root for one guy. Do you only have one favorite food? I also don't understand the way people here expect our sports stars to be some kind of supermen who are devoid of the same human foibles we all exhibit. Are all of us perfect?

I was a HUGE Vick fan, and still root for the guy when he doesn't play here; although, I certainly understand people having bad feelings. But we all make mistakes in life, and deserve second chances. That is even more true in regards to our legal system where paying your dues is a basic tenet of our entire legal system.

Whether you like it or not, we owe Vick a lot IMHO for taking a franchise that was the most irrelevant in the entire world of sports, and making it center stage around the entire world. He energized the most disinterested fanbase in sports into one of the most rabid while he was here. Even when he almost destroyed us, he indirectly led us to our current success story.

I like to root for our ex-players unless they acted like douches when they left here, and I mean BIG douches. Right now, I root for all of them except DeAngelo Hall, and that has nothing to do with his relationship with us. I just think the guy is an idiot overall for things he does like taking off his helmet and getting ejected from last weeks game. Still I don't get any thrill out seeing him fail like that. DeAngelo is who he is and can't change. The same for the rest of us.

Tolerance is a very important attribute in a civilized society that we don't practice enough.

Edited by FalconFanForLife

I would pull for Vick but I hate the Eagles, so it's kinda hard. I was really hoping he would go to an AFC team. After we stomped them, I put on espn hoping to hear some Falcons hype, but it was all about the Eagles in Turmoil. That's ok though, it was just as entertaining. biggrin.png

I would pull for Vick but I hate the Eagles, so it's kinda hard. I was really hoping he would go to an AFC team. After we stomped them, I put on espn hoping to hear some Falcons hype, but it was all about the Eagles in Turmoil. That's ok though, it was just as entertaining. biggrin.png

EVEN THOUGH I LIKE MIKE, WHEN WE PLAY THE EAGLES,

I'M ROOTING FOR OUR GUYS TO WIPE HIM OUT. AS FOR

THE EAGLES ...... NEVER COULD STAND THEM, AND THIS

GOES BACK TO LONG BEFORE MIKE GOT THERE.

Rev, I've been a fan since 1980 and I'll always have some degree of wishing Vick well (like I said when he moves to the AFC) but I draw the line on Meangelo Hall.

I'll never forgive him for trying to intercept that Hail Mary pass by Brees at the end of the first half in a game in Atlanta in 05 or 06. He can say he wasn't trying to INT the pass all he wants - that's what he told Mora - but I call BS on that!

Selfish prick! I'm still riled about it (in case you couldn't tell smile.png )

That's funny cause he got a pick this season on hailmary against a team. I think it was the saints I can't recall.