Good Models For New Star Wars Movies Here

Knight of God

Doesn't it seem like any of those Jedi\Sith could squash Luke Skywalker like a bug. I wish the game had been as awesome as the cinematics, that said I agree it would make a great trilogy.

Darth Maul pretty much made Luke look like the biggest p*ssy ever.

One of the main reasons I have for not minding a Star Wars reboot while hating pretty much all others that Hollywood dishes out is just how poorly those movies have aged.

The acting is SO bad, the directing is SO bad, and the effects are SO bad compared to today's movies that it's just begging to be re-done. Not to mention how ridiculous someone like Darth Vader looks. I feel like I'm supposed to plug him in and vacuum my house with him.

One of the main reasons I have for not minding a Star Wars reboot while hating pretty much all others that Hollywood dishes out is just how poorly those movies have aged.

The acting is SO bad, the directing is SO bad, and the effects are SO bad compared to today's movies that it's just begging to be re-done. Not to mention how ridiculous someone like Darth Vader looks. I feel like I'm supposed to plug him in and vacuum my house with him.

I heard the poor choreography of the original trilogy's lightsaber battle explained by Lucas once. He basically said that you should expect Luke not to have the skill and fluidity of the trained from toddler Jedi of the past. He was never actually formally trained........maybe but in the real world he was just covering for some pretty sh**ty sword play sequences in Empire and ROTJ. Like the overall movie or not, the lightsaber duels of the prequels were 100x better than the originals. Revenge of the Sith's finale would have been great except for Lucas' trademark unnecessary and bullsh*t CGI lava add ons.

and yea, I do know that it is only a movie

I heard the poor choreography of the original trilogy's lightsaber battle explained by Lucas once. He basically said that you should expect Luke not to have the skill and fluidity of the trained from toddler Jedi of the past. He was never actually formally trained........maybe but in the real world he was just covering for some pretty sh**ty sword play sequences in Empire and ROTJ. Like the overall movie or not, the lightsaber duels of the prequels were 100x better than the originals. Revenge of the Sith's finale would have been great except for Lucas' trademark unnecessary and bullsh*t CGI lava add ons.

and yea, I do know that it is only a movie

The dialogue didn't help that finale battle, either.

The dialogue didn't help that finale battle, either.

I read this a while back, your observation reminded me of it

Finding the worst line of Lucas dialogue is no small feat. There are more crappy lines of dialogue in theStar Wars movies than there are Ewoks on Endor. Still, one exchange rises to the top. In Revenge of the Sith, we witness Anakin Skywalker become a full-blown baddy. He' doing the Emperor' bidding, he' turned on his friends and he' even slaughtered an entire temple of little Jedi children. Tough stuff.

In this scene, Lucas as screenwriter needs to find an effective why to convey three elements:

• Padme is very surprised by the new evil Anakin;
  • Anakin has changed; and
  • Padme is heartbroken.

Let' see what delicate writing Lucas employs to convey these thoughts and feelings without being too obvious:

ANAKIN

Don't you see, we don't have to run away anymore. I am more powerful than the Chancellor. I can overthrow him, and together you and I can rule the galaxy.

PADME

I don't believe what I'm hearing... Obi-Wan was right. You've changed.

ANAKIN

I don't want to hear any more about Obi-Wan. The Jedi turned against me. Don't
you
turn against me.

PADME

I don't know you anymore. Anakin,
you're breaking my heart.

In Lucas' defense, at the end of Revenge of the Sith, Padme-as diagnosed by a technologically ******** robot-does in fact die from a "broken heart." Lucas just couldn't afford to be too subtle in his wording.