Objective Article On Falcons With Interesting Stats

Bart2Ryan+beyond

After looking over the numbers, I think 5-2 or 6-1 is a more accurate measure of how Atlanta's really played over the first seven weeks of the season. For all the great work they did in dominating Andy Reid, Michael Vick, and the Eagles on Sunday, they were coming off of three squeakers that saw them win by a combined 12 points. I think the Falcons can sustain a lot of their new performance going forward, especially if they stay healthy and continue to operate against an easy schedule. But I don't think they're the best team in the NFC, and even with the easy schedule, I don't think they'll be undefeated all that much longer.

I agree. If the BUCS can somehow find it within themselves to be able to make even halfway for the loss of Carl Nicks. They may just be able to pull the upset. This combined with the fact that in week 17 they won't be playing any of their starters, I see the possibility of a sweep. I'm not predicting it, just saying it COULD happen. Falcon fans, not to worry! The Saints swept us in 2002 and we won it all.

This was a good article. While they may or may not be the best NFC team at the moment, the fact remains, they're one of the best teams in the league right now, which always keeps a team in the running for a Lombardi!

I agree. If the BUCS can somehow find it within themselves to be able to make even halfway for the loss of Carl Nicks. They may just be able to pull the upset. This combined with the fact that in week 17 they won't be playing any of their starters, I see the possibility of a sweep. I'm not predicting it, just saying it COULD happen. Falcon fans, not to worry! The Saints swept us in 2002 and we won it all.

This was a good article. While they may or may not be the best NFC team at the moment, the fact remains, they're one of the best teams in the league right now, which always keeps a team in the running for a Lombardi!

I think most of the people in RC who have been speculating about a 16-0 season are just fantasizing about how cool that would be. I don't think too many RC Falcons fans really think it's going to happen.

I actually don't because I don't want the pressure of being 16-0 and then all of the talking heads saying 'Smith and Ryan have never won in the playoffs, wouldn't it be terrible if they're one and done after having a perfect regualr season?" (Although this would be a nice problem to worry about).

As for the Bucs, I'm on record as saying that they are no longer a push-over and that game at TB will be a classic, WWF steel cage match. BTW, I hope we're resting a bunch of starters against y'all come week 17 - that would be a good sign indeed.

Seriously, right now my hope/goal for them is to get the #1 seed (yeah I remember how that worked out last time) but it is the most important seed. But Chicago is only 1 game back and we're not even half way thru.

And we sure dont wanna play in Chicago that time of year. The #1 seed needs to be ours.

Chicago would be a tough out wherever they played them, with that being said I think the Falcons would win in Chicago. I know they don't want to lose a game, and I think if they had a chance to go 16-0 they should go for it.

Chicago would be a tough out wherever they played them, with that being said I think the Falcons would win in Chicago. I know they don't want to lose a game, and I think if they had a chance to go 16-0 they should go for it.

If we lock down the #1 seed. We will give up the 16-0 to rest players as needed. Smiths style of coaching. The #1 seed is the only thing really important right now.

If we lock down the #1 seed. We will give up the 16-0 to rest players as needed. Smiths style of coaching. The #1 seed is the only thing really important right now.

I guess that's why I'm not a coach, cause I want to play to win in any circumstance. My thought is an injury can happen just as easily on the first play of a playoff game as it could in the last game of the season, so just play your game the same way you've been playing the last 15 games. But hey like I said that's why I'm not a coach.

Edited by meezy0236

I guess that's why I'm not a coach, cause I want to play to win in any circumstance. My thought is an injury can happen just as easily on the first play of a playoff game as it could in the last game of the season, so just play your game the same way you've been playing the last 15 games. But hey like I said that's why I'm not a coach.

It wont be noticeable. He will be slcik in how he does it. But the game will look a lot like preseason when its said and done. The media would eat him up if he didnt try and get the 16-0. But he wont risk getting players banged up before going into the playoffs for a game that doesnt matter.

The goal is post season, and set ourself in the best position to make noise there. After we get a lock, things will change watch. A jagged toenail will be a reason to limit game time.

It wont be noticeable. He will be slcik in how he does it. But the game will look a lot like preseason when its said and done. The media would eat him up if he didnt try and get the 16-0. But he wont risk getting players banged up before going into the playoffs for a game that doesnt matter.

The goal is post season, and set ourself in the best position to make noise there. After we get a lock, things will change watch. A jagged toenail will be a reason to limit game time.

Being healthy for the playoffs is the most important thing. If the Falcons are 15-0 heading into their last game vs TB and they've clinched the #1 seed then I would totally support Smith sitting everyone.

Could you imagine the uproar if Ryan were to play in that hypothetical game and he got hurt and missed the playoffs? (And with those dirty Bucs it's not too much of a stretch).

Relax JB I'm just joking tongue.png

No one cares that NE was perfect a few years back - they all care that they lost the SB though.