Jobs Number - 174K, 7.9%

kicker

What's the adjusted unemployment rate? That's the real story. Also don't we need somewhere between 120k-180k new jobs per month just to keep pace with new entrants to the workforce?

Us not losing jobs is a positive sign and we'd be doing much better if Congress would get their **** together and create a workable budget so companies would have an idea as to what to expect in the coming years. Til then we can expect small incremental growth at best.

What's the adjusted unemployment rate? That's the real story. Also don't we need somewhere between 120k-180k new jobs per month just to keep pace with new entrants to the workforce?

Us not losing jobs is a positive sign and we'd be doing much better if Congress would get their **** together and create a workable budget so companies would have an idea as to what to expect in the coming years. Til then we can expect small incremental growth at best.

we need around 120k to keep pace with population growth. That number may temporarily be lower as baby boomers find it harder to leaver the work force (retire).

Still, we are improving, and I think that's a positive sign.

I think Chris Chritie also helped Obama win the race. I have to say, Chris stepped up and worked together with Obama like most Republicans should, and my favorite part about it was when he put fox and friends in their place. If he runs in 2016, and becomes the Republican nominee, I will give him a serious look.

I think Chris Chritie also helped Obama win the race. I have to say, Chris stepped up and worked together with Obama like most Republicans should, and my favorite part about it was when he put fox and friends in their place. If he runs in 2016, and becomes the Republican nominee, I will give him a serious look.

I don't really buy that. It always came down to Ohio and I don't think Romney ever had it.

That said, I think we'll once again recognize the failure of FEMA here. Staten Island is apparently a huge disaster, and all of the focus has been on New Jersey and Lower Manhattan.

He could be a legitimate third party contender. Obviously, it is possibly that he could have a VERY difficult time winning the nomination.

I don't really buy that. It always came down to Ohio and I don't think Romney ever had it.

That said, I think we'll once again recognize the failure of FEMA here. Staten Island is apparently a huge disaster, and all of the focus has been on New Jersey and Lower Manhattan.

Nope. Republicans don't care about Black people. NO ONE cares about Staten Island.

Regardless, I admire the fact that Christie was willing to dismiss partisan hackery and work with the President for a change and praise him in the process. It's one thing most Republicans have been unwilling to do. For me, it has made me consider actually giving him a look if he runs in 2016.

See, I think it's been a mixture of both Republicans and Democrats. In 2007, when the Democrats took over the House and Senate, there was more than a little vitriol toward Bush. Then Obama took the Presidency and immediately and continuously blamed the Republicans for everything. (I'm not saying it wasn't warranted, but it certainly wasn't Presidential to continue the partisan bickering immediately after the election) The Republicans haven't played fair since then, and I think most of that stems from how the Democrats acted in 2007 and 2008.

He could be a legitimate third party contender. Obviously, it is possibly that he could have a VERY difficult time winning the nomination.

As long as the religious right controls the nomination process, guys like Christie and Paul don't stand a chance.

It's just a bunch of middle classers. Usually the Democrats like to at least give them lip service...

It's just a bunch of middle classers. Usually the Democrats like to at least give them lip service...

Not when they live on Staten Island!!!! Listening to those folks whine . . . . somehow, they become LESS sympathetic than the worst racist stereotypes out of Katrina.

(I'm getting in trouble here, aren't I.)

As long as the religious right controls the nomination process, guys like Christie and Paul don't stand a chance.

I think he'd face even bigger challenges with the TEA party folks. They will NEVER forgive him for kissing Obama's butt this week and cementing the election for him. They will blame Christie for Romney's defeat. Period.

Regardless, I admire the fact that Christie was willing to dismiss partisan hackery and work with the President for a change and praise him in the process. It's one thing most Republicans have been unwilling to do. For me, it has made me consider actually giving him a look if he runs in 2016.

I agree with this. I don't align myself with him politically on many things, but he isn't a hyperpartisan hack and will work with his opponents to get things done for the greater good of the people. If he runs and he makes it clear he's the most competent candidate I would definitely vote for him.

I think he'd face even bigger challenges with the TEA party folks. They will NEVER forgive him for kissing Obama's butt this week and cementing the election for him. They will blame Christie for Romney's defeat. Period.

The TEA party is the religious right. It was hijacked about 8 minutes after Rick Santelli gave his infamous soapbox speech on CNBC in early 2009.

See, I think it's been a mixture of both Republicans and Democrats. In 2007, when the Democrats took over the House and Senate, there was more than a little vitriol toward Bush. Then Obama took the Presidency and immediately and continuously blamed the Republicans for everything. (I'm not saying it wasn't warranted, but it certainly wasn't Presidential to continue the partisan bickering immediately after the election) The Republicans haven't played fair since then, and I think most of that stems from how the Democrats acted in 2007 and 2008.

I can agree with you there, but like you said, most of it was justified in a sense. No reason to tie up Washington though.

Early voting is trending Huge towards Romney. Cannot understand how you guys seem to believe Obama is winning an or Sandy is a help for him. NY and NJ is in dire straights and the fact that obamas in Vegas and eslewhere is Not helpful, nor his on the ground presence. Obama lost this election months ago. The 1st debate nailed the coffin. Never, has a president won relection with the economic indicators in such dire staits as now. Its really wishful thinking to think an October storm or anything else would Boost Obama. He's had NO plan all along and people understand that. Enthusiasm for Obama is what will keep his voters at home by 10% or more. The young vote, the jewish vote, the black vote, the middle class, upper class, white men, married woman, and single women who voted for him in such huge %'s will be way down. There will then be alot of Wonderment afterwards of what went wrong. Alot of head scratching and then BLAME, racism and innuendo to explain how Obama could lose. Its simple. He was NEVER prepared for this job. His resume was built by the MEDIA. His chicago thuggery does not work nationally.

Early voting is trending Huge towards Romney. Cannot understand how you guys seem to believe Obama is winning an or Sandy is a help for him. NY and NJ is in dire straights and the fact that obamas in Vegas and eslewhere is Not helpful, nor his on the ground presence. Obama lost this election months ago. The 1st debate nailed the coffin. Never, has a president won relection with the economic indicators in such dire staits as now. Its really wishful thinking to think an October storm or anything else would Boost Obama. He's had NO plan all along and people understand that. Enthusiasm for Obama is what will keep his voters at home by 10% or more. The young vote, the jewish vote, the black vote, the middle class, upper class, white men, married woman, and single women who voted for him in such huge %'s will be way down. There will then be alot of Wonderment afterwards of what went wrong. Alot of head scratching and then BLAME, racism and innuendo to explain how Obama could lose. Its simple. He was NEVER prepared for this job. His resume was built by the MEDIA. His chicago thuggery does not work nationally.

You make this claim about early turnout, but never post a link...

Is this some sort of gut feeling?

Are you trying to psych yourself out?

Edited by lostone