A Call To Arms

Kayoh

So far this season, our Dome Field Advantage has been DEAD. We've had people showing up late, not filling up the dome, just a weak fan showing at home. I don't live in Georgia myself, so I can't affect this directly, but this is my call to arms to anybody who DOES live in GA, anybody WITH season tickets (oh how I envy you), to anybody who plans on going to the Dallas game on Sunday to cheer our Falcons towards an eighth victory.

We've played 4 away games this season. In those 4 games, we have out-scored our opponents by an average score of 30.25-15.25. This is amazing to see, as one of the knocks on us over these last few years has been our inability to win convincingly on the road, and we've been doing JUST THAT this season.

On the other hand, in our 3 HOME games this season, we've out-scored our opponents by an average score of 26.67-23.

The scariest part about these stats is that it isn't some odd coincidence. We aren't playing weaker competition on the road. Our road opponents have a combined record of 10-14 against the rest of the NFL - by the end of the KC/SD game tonight, that number will become 11-15. Our home opponents aren't any better, though, with a combined record of 8-11 against the rest of the NFL. What does that translate into? A 0.432 road SoS and a 0.421 home SoS. So really, our road opponents have been tougher than our home opponents. Who woulda thunk it?

This is, in my eyes at least, from an outside-looking-in perspective, unacceptable! Let's take Seattle as an example. The Seahawks are NOT a great team this season, but they're 3-0 at home, against what most people would consider to be CLEARLY superior teams. We ARE a great team this season, and yet our point differential AT HOME is WORSE than Seattle's! They're winning at home by an average score of 21.67-14! Forget that noise. Actually, no...don't forget it. BRING IT. BRING THE NOISE! That's the whole point! I want Sunday Night to be a coming out party for our team on a national stage. I want the ENTIRE COUNTRY to not be able to understand what the reporters are saying because it's THAT DAMN LOUD IN THAT DOME!

Make it happen, season ticket holders!

The loyal fans are always there on time and are loud. Now that the Falcons are going for 8-0 the fairweathered fans might feel it's safe to go to a game. Honestly though over the years at least since 2008 the home crowd has produced quite a few false starts. For those that have been going to the Dome for a while we know what time to start heading in from the tail gate. As for the rest you will always have new comers and the clueless.

what I don't get is people who show up at the Dome with Mike Vick jerseys on. Either you're a Falcons fan or a Vick fan--I dont buy the maybe they dont have enough $$ excuse because you can go to Marshalls right now in the metro area and get a Ryan jersey for 14.99

I saw a woman vs. Oakland with a 1/2 philly Vick jersey and a 1/2 atl Vick jersey.

Let it go.

weird to make such a proclamation after 3 home games- 1 in which was a MNF game and the dome was filled 30 minutes before kick.

It was??? I was there and my friend and I keep wondering when the people would come in and get in their sets. To many distractions outside the dome. They should cut that junk off 1 hour before kickoff so people have no choice but get in the dome.

It was??? I was there and my friend and I keep wondering when the people would come in and get in their sets. To many distractions outside the dome. They should cut that junk off 1 hour before kickoff so people have no choice but get in the dome.

They do. Come on, man - You gotta know what you're saying before you say it. It's a combination of bad traffic and even worse security checks. The flow at security is all wrong - It's setup so only one person can go thru at a time...

So far this season, our Dome Field Advantage has been DEAD. We've had people showing up late, not filling up the dome, just a weak fan showing at home. I don't live in Georgia myself, so I can't affect this directly, but this is my call to arms to anybody who DOES live in GA, anybody WITH season tickets (oh how I envy you), to anybody who plans on going to the Dallas game on Sunday to cheer our Falcons towards an eighth victory.

We've played 4 away games this season. In those 4 games, we have out-scored our opponents by an average score of 30.25-15.25. This is amazing to see, as one of the knocks on us over these last few years has been our inability to win convincingly on the road, and we've been doing JUST THAT this season.

On the other hand, in our 3 HOME games this season, we've out-scored our opponents by an average score of 26.67-23.

The scariest part about these stats is that it isn't some odd coincidence. We aren't playing weaker competition on the road. Our road opponents have a combined record of 10-14 against the rest of the NFL - by the end of the KC/SD game tonight, that number will become 11-15. Our home opponents aren't any better, though, with a combined record of 8-11 against the rest of the NFL. What does that translate into? A 0.432 road SoS and a 0.421 home SoS. So really, our road opponents have been tougher than our home opponents. Who woulda thunk it?

This is, in my eyes at least, from an outside-looking-in perspective, unacceptable! Let's take Seattle as an example. The Seahawks are NOT a great team this season, but they're 3-0 at home, against what most people would consider to be CLEARLY superior teams. We ARE a great team this season, and yet our point differential AT HOME is WORSE than Seattle's! They're winning at home by an average score of 21.67-14! Forget that noise. Actually, no...don't forget it. BRING IT. BRING THE NOISE! That's the whole point! I want Sunday Night to be a coming out party for our team on a national stage. I want the ENTIRE COUNTRY to not be able to understand what the reporters are saying because it's THAT DAMN LOUD IN THAT DOME!

Make it happen, season ticket holders!

The Dome has been rocking this year...You'd know that if you've been there for a game. You sitting in your house does not give you the perspective to even make this post....SMDH

Edited by jesushchristo

what I don't get is people who show up at the Dome with Mike Vick jerseys on. Either you're a Falcons fan or a Vick fan--I dont buy the maybe they dont have enough $$ excuse because you can go to Marshalls right now in the metro area and get a Ryan jersey for 14.99

I saw a woman vs. Oakland with a 1/2 philly Vick jersey and a 1/2 atl Vick jersey.

Let it go.

Because nobody has ever wore a jersey of a past player right? Just because you have a personal vendetta against someone you've never met doesn't mean someone else does...smh

I've noticed that the problem is with the security lines. The lines seem longer and slower this year than years past. I showed up an hour early for the Broncos game and barely made it before kickoff. There were still hundreds of people in line behind me. Most gates had crowds of people standing around not even knowing if they were in a line.

What's annoying is when the opening kickoff comes and there are 50 latecomers trying to find their sests and blocking the view to the field.

That is about the only real issue that late arrivals present, and it's typically not that much of a bother. Other than that I could care less if they arrive at the 2 min warning and read a book or sleep the rest of the game.