Bucs Trade Aquib Talib To Patriots

Sui_Generis

Sounds like the Bucs are selling off their assets and about to shutter the doors on the season.

I am not surprised they are dumping him but dumping him now is odd. I don't know what the Pats offered for him but the Bucs are still in the wildcard race and there are a lot of possible wins in their schedule. If they win this week they will have won 3 out of 4 games and that is a good foundation moving forward.

If they are thinking addition by subtraction they may not fully understand how that works.

I am not surprised they are dumping him but dumping him now is odd. I don't know what the Pats offered for him but the Bucs are still in the wildcard race and there are a lot of possible wins in their schedule. If they win this week they will have won 3 out of 4 games and that is a good foundation moving forward.

If they are thinking addition by subtraction they may not fully understand how that works.

I'm thinking his contract is up after this year and this was the last shot at getting any value for him even though that future pick can't help them now. Perhaps there is better trade value in midseason. Either way I think it's a bold move to make since they are still in the play off hunt.

Sounds like the Bucs are selling off their assets and about to shutter the doors on the season.

I don't think a coach who has his guys drill the guy across him in "Victory Formation" would start selling off assets when they are 3-4. This is a message to the team that you better buy into their system completely or you will be gone, regardless of your talent.

The Bucs quit last year like no team I have ever seen. Schiano is doing what is necessary to alter the team identity. I'm not sure if this will help them this season, but it will in the long run . . . if Schiano gets a long run.

I'm thinking his contract is up after this year and this was the last shot at getting any value for him even though that future pick can't help them now. Perhaps there is better trade value in midseason. Either way I think it's a bold move to make since they are still in the play off hunt.

You might be right. I have no idea what his contract situation is but if he can turn around and be a FA next year it seems like it hurts his trade value more than help it.