Jacquizz Rodgers Interesting Stat

jdawg4876

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he has 137 yds rushing and 137 receiving.... dead even after seven games

and he is on pace for over 600 total yds. I remember swift saying kotter wasnt using him just like MM was not using him. seems to me he is being used a lot in the gameplan

I like Quizz but i'm not sold on him being the Falcons feature back, I would like to see him get a lot more carries this year, maybe we need to sign or draft a RB, maybe not.

Quizz needs more yet. While he is up in yards/game, it is by roughly the same number that Jason Snelling is down. Throw in the 23 yards/game Turner is down and our RB group is an early disappointment.

the screen game is our new running game, I think our rushing attack is avg and it is rush by committee and I would even add in matt ryan, as crazy as that sounds he is basically rushing some every game. plus jones has three end arounds and im sure we will see some more of those plus maybe even a toss sweep to jones. is it near as potent or dangerous in yrs past with burner no, but its not horrible. just avg to me

I think our main two rbs will end up with over 1000 yds rushing with about 800 going to turner, and 300 going with rodgers, and that will pose enough threat to keep defenses honest

Edited by jdawg4876

I like Quizz but i'm not sold on him being the Falcons feature back, I would like to see him get a lot more carries this year, maybe we need to sign or draft a RB, maybe not.

oh I agree he is not a ft running back he is not mjd or ray rice even though a lot of folks on this message board want him to be. but he is a really good player and rb that should get more touches as the yr goes on

Edited by jdawg4876

The only thing I like about our running game is that they are squashing the notion, "Stop the run and you stop the Falcons; Matt Ryan can't win games with his arm."

Think that's been put to rest this year. Now we need to add a running game back to our passing attack, and we wll could be a Packers/Saints/Warner-led Rams type of offense

Edited by Falconcheff

oh I agree he is not a ft running back he is not mjd or ray rice even though a lot of folks on this message board want him to be. but he is a really good player and rb that should get more touches as the yr goes on

Ok, I can agree with the first part of your statement. I don't understand how you can used the term "really good player" to describe a guy that is averaging 19.5 yards per game rushing and receiving. We do need 2 additional RB's this offseason. To me, because of the position, the guy is less productive than our #3 WR. People have been waiting on HD to "explode" for 3 seasons or more. I know he had the injury year, but still, he has never had more than 1 receiving and 1 rushing TD in a single season. Never more than 500 receiving yeards and never even 40 receptions. Honestly, I don't think we really can expect much more out of HD this side of "The greatest show on Turf" or the "Red Gun".

My point is we just need to move on at the RB spot. If you want more production, get a better player. I can give more grace to a 3rd WR b/c he is at least the 3rd option (really 4th for us b/c of Gonzalez). We need RBs in the worst way in my opinion.

Guest Negatorris

He still needs more carries, and more screens to him in my opinion. Turner is not much better than Quizz as a rusher, and he's definitely not as good in the passing game.

Ok, I can agree with the first part of your statement. I don't understand how you can used the term "really good player" to describe a guy that is averaging 19.5 yards per game rushing and receiving. We do need 2 additional RB's this offseason. To me, because of the position, the guy is less productive than our #3 WR. People have been waiting on HD to "explode" for 3 seasons or more. I know he had the injury year, but still, he has never had more than 1 receiving and 1 rushing TD in a single season. Never more than 500 receiving yeards and never even 40 receptions. Honestly, I don't think we really can expect much more out of HD this side of "The greatest show on Turf" or the "Red Gun".

My point is we just need to move on at the RB spot. If you want more production, get a better player. I can give more grace to a 3rd WR b/c he is at least the 3rd option (really 4th for us b/c of Gonzalez). We need RBs in the worst way in my opinion.

bc quizz is a really good player there are only a few superstar rbs that I would want out there but thats bc I like a certain type of RB, even in turner's prime I would take mjd or ray rice over turner bc I value a rb that can catch and run rodgers is from that mold but not as good as mjd or rice, but he is good as another option to keep the defense honest. should he be the ft back no, I dont think so, but he is a guy that can get you around 600-700 yds and a couple of tds a yr. so he is no scrub, he is a good player, whats wrong with that.. not everyone is a superstar or bust... the nfl is full of really good players and rodgers is one of them

Edited by jdawg4876

Man this is getting old. The problem isn't Turner, and it hasn't been for a while, but it seems we just don't want to see it.

The problem is that Turner is at his best with a line breaking full back. Ovie Mughelli had more to do with Turner's success than Turner does alone. You see it this year too. When Lousaka Polite is in and healthy, Turners numbers improve, when he's not, Turner gets very average to the league numbers.

Quizz brings a different style. Inside, he gets 'alright' numbers, but like most backs he needs touches to get into the groove, however his skillset makes him a legit threat split out wide, and ultimately, the screen game is just an extension of the run game.

Personally, it's early in the season, and the run game isn't really being emphasized. As the season wears on, d-line's get beat up, and we will be sitting there with 3 relatively lightly used ground and pound backs ready to grind it out late in the season, rather than being worn out, dinged up and largely ineffective late in the season. I'll reserve all judgement on our backs until the end of the season.

Man this is getting old. The problem isn't Turner, and it hasn't been for a while, but it seems we just don't want to see it.

The problem is that Turner is at his best with a line breaking full back. Ovie Mughelli had more to do with Turner's success than Turner does alone. You see it this year too. When Lousaka Polite is in and healthy, Turners numbers improve, when he's not, Turner gets very average to the league numbers.

Quizz brings a different style. Inside, he gets 'alright' numbers, but like most backs he needs touches to get into the groove, however his skillset makes him a legit threat split out wide, and ultimately, the screen game is just an extension of the run game.

Personally, it's early in the season, and the run game isn't really being emphasized. As the season wears on, d-line's get beat up, and we will be sitting there with 3 relatively lightly used ground and pound backs ready to grind it out late in the season, rather than being worn out, dinged up and largely ineffective late in the season. I'll reserve all judgement on our backs until the end of the season.

if you dont think turner has lost several steps ya blind at this pt in his career he is a poor man's bettis, thats not his fault he was a workhorse for yrs. and yes having a better fb and o line would help but there were several times where he had open space to get going against the eagles and the most he made was an 11 yd gain. if it was 2008 that would have at least been a 45 yd gain, with ovie or without ovie

I think quizz needs more touches.. Doesnt have to be running carries... It can be in the screen game... It looks like he is starting to really get it.. I dont think he is a future Feature back but i do think he is a good weapon in the backfield

exactly I will take a player who will get ya 600-700 yds a yr all day twice on sunday. lol

Quizz hasn't shown much as a runner out of the b-field which is very important. He has, however, been pretty good receiving out of the backfield. Snelling has been just as good a receiving threat IMO.

really....

quizz 20 rec for 137 for the yr

snelling 9 rec for 48 for the yr

even if you double snelling's catches that only puts him near 100 yds rec's

as far as rushing matt ryan is the best if you go by avg per attempt at 4.7 lol

turner is 3.8

quizz is 3.5

snelling is a miserable 1.7.... wha wha whaaaa

Edited by jdawg4876

Quizz hasn't shown much as a runner out of the b-field which is very important. He has, however, been pretty good receiving out of the backfield. Snelling has been just as good a receiving threat IMO.

The difference may be that Snelling has missed games, where Quizz hasn't. Either way, going down the stretch, having two viable receiving options out of the backfield in addition to JJ, Roddy, & TG might be the best problem to have.

really....

quizz 20 rec for 137 for the yr

snelling 9 rec for 48 for the yr

even if you double snelling's catches that only puts him at 100 yds rec's

as far as rushing matt ryan is the best if you go by avg per attempt at 4.7 lol

turner is 3.8

quizz is 3.5

snelling is a miserable 1.7.... wha wha whaaaa

Uh yeah. Those stats are exactly what I needed to make my point. Quizz hasn't shown much out of the backfield as a runner. He's been pretty good as a receiver though. Snelling has been just as good as a receiver IMO.

Uh yeah. Those stats are exactly what I needed to make my point. Quizz hasn't shown much out of the backfield as a runner. He's been pretty good as a receiver though. Snelling has been just as good as a receiver IMO.

I dont think anybody has been great outta the backfield but matt ryan lol but naw I think quizz is a lot better threat in the passing game to be honest. there is a reason so many passes go to him.

Could this be another "Throw the most profiific RB in recent Falcon history under the Bus under the guise of praising another team menber, while at the same time taking pot shots at the Burner.

When the smoke clears, Turner will make alot of y'all eat your words and most don't get it

turner is done for the falcons this is not a shot against him he was great. just what I see. I have already said I dont think quizz is a ft back either but he is a great piece.

oh and let me put this out there turner will still have at least three really good games one more against the panthers bc he has had their number for yrs, and prob two against the saints bc that defense really is that bad, still doesnt mean he is worth 6 million next yr does it???