Business With Pleasure

Tuggle'2

Atlanta Falcons

Atlanta Falcons: Business with pleasure

2:44 pm October 31, 2012, by Michael Cunningham

decoud.jpg

Fresh and fun. (Photo: Michael Cunningham)

By Michael Cunningham

The picture above should give you an indication of the atmosphere in the Falcons locker room.

Falcons safety Thomas DeCoud was about to head to meetings before taking the practice field today but he still found some time to show off his “Fresh Prince of Bel Air” Halloween costume. He presumably was all business just a few minutes later.

Falcons coach Mike Smith said he likes that this group keeps the mood light when appropriate.

“I’ve said it many times and I’m going to say it again: I know it’s about winning on Sunday, but you win first in the locker room,” Smith said. “You’ve got to have a good locker room. You’ve got to have a good team. You’ve got to have guys that like to have fun. Because if you don’t have fun in a long day–and there’s a lot of long days–it gets tough. These guys know when to snap in and when to snap out. When it’s time to go to work they go to work.

“For some of the things we do and how much fun we have, you might question our maturity, but I don’t have any doubt how mature we are. When it’s time to play football and that ball is snapped and that ball is kicked off we’re ready to go.”

http://blogs.ajc.com...ta_falcons_blog

“I’ve said it many times and I’m going to say it again: I know it’s about winning on Sunday, but you win first in the locker room,” Smith said. “You’ve got to have a good locker room. You’ve got to have a good team. You’ve got to have guys that like to have fun. Because if you don’t have fun in a long day–and there’s a lot of long days–it gets tough. These guys know when to snap in and when to snap out. When it’s time to go to work they go to wor

Good times.

“For some of the things we do and how much fun we have, you might question our maturity, but I don’t have any doubt how mature we are. When it’s time to play football and that ball is snapped and that ball is kicked off we’re ready to go.”

Great quote from Smitty. He may come across as a buttoned down, conservative guy in the pressers, but he absolutely knows how and when to let his guys get loose - and he doesn't hesitate to roll right along with them when the time is right.