Qb Win Pct., Yac, Yia Stats

Tandy

Have to do these one at a time since we are so limited on images. The first is the winning percentage of all active starting Quarterbacks. Those QB's with 30 or less wins will be ranked at the bottom of the list. The per year takes into account the total wins divided by the number of years in the league + percentage of the year in games started this year. Click the picture to see it larger.

I have edited the form to include Game Winning Drives (GWD), 4th Quarter Comebacks Won (4QCW), 4th Quarter Comeback opportunities Lost (4QCL) & 4th Quarter Comeback Win % of opportunities (4QC%)

Opportunity means the QB had the ball in the 4th qtr while down by 1-8 pts (1 score). An opportunity decided by another means (such as an interception and score by the defense or punt return) is not included

Edit:

Per request - here is the list of QBs in history since 1949 with a better winning % than Ryan:

1. Otto Graham, Cleveland, 1950-1955, Record: 57-13, 81.4%

2. Daryle Lamonica, Multi, 1963-1974, Record: 66-16, 78.4%

3. Tom Brady, New England, 2000-Now, Record: 129-38. 77.2%

4. Roger Staubach, Dallas, 1969-1979, Record: 85-29, 74.6%

QB_WIN_PCT.JPG

That is a very impressive stat! Matt has really improved into one of the best in the NFL. His accuracy on the long ball and the zip he has on shorter passes is what I see made huge progress from last year, as well as his distribution of the ball. He understands defenses now and takes what they are giving him.

Tandy, do you have access to the win percentage of all QBs, whether active or not?

I don't know of any retired QBs with significant starts with a better win pct than Ryan, although I am sure there may be a few.

I can pull them up in my computer and sort them. I'll have to make a couple of changes to the program to pull all the way back - maybe by tomorrow I can have it.

Game Winning Drivers Among Active Players.

1. Peyton Manning - 48

2. Tom Brady - 37

3. Drew Brees - 30

4. Eli Manning - 28

--. Ben Roethlisberger - 28

5. Matt Hasselbeck - 24

6. Carson Palmer - 20

7. Matt Ryan - 19

4TH Quarter Comebacks

1. Peyton Manning - 37

2. Tom Brady - 26

3. Eli Manning - 24

4. Ben Roethlisberger - 21

5. Drew Brees - 20

6. Matt Hasselbeck - 16

7. Tony Romo - 14

8. Jay Cutler - 13

--. Carson Palmer - 13

--. Philip Rivers - 13

--. Matt Ryan - 13

--. Michael Vick - 13

I have edited the form to include Game Winning Drives (GWD), 4th Quarter Comebacks Won (4QCW), 4th Quarter Comeback opportunities Lost (4QCL) & 4th Quarter Comeback Win % of opportunities (4QC%)

A 4th Qtr opportunity means the QB had the ball while down by 1-8 points or 1 score. An opportunity decided by another means (such as an interception and score by the defense or punt return) is not included

QB_WIN_PCT.JPG

I remember way back when I started a thread about Vick helping the team win an average of 5.5 games per year. The board went bezerk. No no they said, you have to round up, add 10, subtract 3, and put a few dollars with it. Blah blah blah. Fact is fact. Looks like, according to this chart, Vick is down to 4.9 games per year while Ryan is at 11.2. And it was board homerismology that we couldn't win without the loser.

Have a good day!

Game Winning Drivers Among Active Players.

1. Peyton Manning - 48

2. Tom Brady - 37

3. Drew Brees - 30

4. Eli Manning - 28

--. Ben Roethlisberger - 28

5. Matt Hasselbeck - 24

6. Carson Palmer - 20

7. Matt Ryan - 19

4TH Quarter Comebacks

1. Peyton Manning - 37

2. Tom Brady - 26

3. Eli Manning - 24

4. Ben Roethlisberger - 21

5. Drew Brees - 20

6. Matt Hasselbeck - 16

7. Tony Romo - 14

8. Jay Cutler - 13

--. Carson Palmer - 13

--. Philip Rivers - 13

--. Matt Ryan - 13

--. Michael Vick - 13

Thanks.

I bet Ryan is near or at the top in both categories since 2008.

A 4th Qtr opportunity means the QB had the ball while down by 1-8 points or 1 score. An opportunity decided by another means (such as an interception and score by the defense or punt return) is not included

615926_4299454777461_479477091_o.jpg

Thanks. Good work!

P.S. - this thread is bringing out some ghosts from the past. Gazoo? Birdweiserrr? Jeez who's next? Tonabull? Daddyknowsbest?

Thanks. Good work!

P.S. - this thread is bringing out some ghosts from the past. Gazoo? Birdweiserrr? Jeez who's next? Tonabull? Daddyknowsbest?

In this spreadsheet - I've sorted it by 4th Quarter Comeback Win %. Surprise, Surprise! Ryan is still second!

QB_4QCWin_Pct.JPG

Have to do these one at a time since we are so limited on images. The first is the winning percentage of all active starting Quarterbacks. Those QB's with 30 or less wins will be ranked at the bottom of the list. The per year takes into account the total wins divided by the number of years in the league + percentage of the year in games started this year. Click the picture to see it larger.

Opportunity means the QB had the ball in the 4th qtr while down by 1-8 pts (1 score). An opportunity decided by another means (such as an interception and score by the defense or punt return) is not included

QB_WIN_PCT.JPG

This is interesting because ryan has more wins or tied with rogers, romo, flaco, and jay cutler keep it up matty!

Edited by Matt Ryan Tutor