Firefox And Youtube Videos

Trouble

If anyone is having issues with it... you arent the only 1. Seems a update rolled out and is screwing stuff all up. So you will get a error or blocked video saying install plugin.

I fixed it by:

1) find the flash uninstaller program from adobe for firefox. Uninstall flash.

2) go back to youtube to any video, you should still see the box

3) at the top of the screen you will see a prompt saying missing plugin. I click that and it installed what i needed. Flash and the FF plugin and everything works again.

Took me over a hour to figure this mess out. I tried installers and they kept getting stuck. I even updated FF itself to the new beta.

If youtube still works for you anyways... your lucky. seems a lot of people started having this issue.

Youtube works for me, but it's soooo slow.

check you process your computer is using. For firefox i have 2. One for firefox and one for plugin container. They can use a lot of resources. How much Ram does you computer have and is the computer old?

check you process your computer is using. For firefox i have 2. One for firefox and one for plugin container. They can use a lot of resources. How much Ram does you computer have and is the computer old?

I have the same. one Firefox and one plugin-container

I have a Vaio. It just got it in January. Ram?!?!?! *googles how to find out how much Ram my computer has*

okay it has 8.00 GB.

Browser being slow is often the result of the computer being bogged down. Like a RB running with 100 pound on weights on his shoulders.

8 gigs should be good with ram. If i had to guess and i have to because i dont know what your system has on it. I would say the likely suspects are virus scanners and firewalls and other bloated software is slowing down your machine.

Is youtube the only site that is slow playing? Is the video on NFL.com OK?

When you say slow is the music playing slow or are you talking about being slow to load that page? Slow to load a page could be results of low internet signal or slow signal vs a large file. If you know internet speed is not a issue then you can rule that out which is also a common prob for why things run slow.

Browser being slow is often the result of the computer being bogged down. Like a RB running with 100 pound on weights on his shoulders.

8 gigs should be good with ram. If i had to guess and i have to because i dont know what your system has on it. I would say the likely suspects are virus scanners and firewalls and other bloated software is slowing down your machine.

Is youtube the only site that is slow playing? Is the video on NFL.com OK?

When you say slow is the music playing slow or are you talking about being slow to load that page? Slow to load a page could be results of low internet signal or slow signal vs a large file. If you know internet speed is not a issue then you can rule that out which is also a common prob for why things run slow.

The pages are loading fine, just the actual video takes forever to load or buffer or whatever you call it. NFL.com vids wont play on firefox at all for me, They used to work but I think it has something to do with adblock.

But other vids like dailymotion or novamov work fine.

The pages are loading fine, just the actual video takes forever to load or buffer or whatever you call it. NFL.com vids wont play on firefox at all for me, They used to work but I think it has something to do with adblock.

But other vids like dailymotion or novamov work fine.

What version of firefox are you using? So you know about using addons. I have probs with nfl videos as well sometimes.

But constant buffering could be a sign of a over strict firewall. Do you have 1 of those?

It might also be part of your anti virus. Like all in 1 antivirus may also have 1. What kinda anti virus you using?

What version of firefox are you using? So you know about using addons. I have probs with nfl videos as well sometimes.

But constant buffering could be a sign of a over strict firewall. Do you have 1 of those?

It might also be part of your anti virus. Like all in 1 antivirus may also have 1. What kinda anti virus you using?

I have Norton Anti-virus. IDK about a firewall though.

I have Norton Anti-virus. IDK about a firewall though.

If its a full security suite normally called something like "Nortons security suite". Then it has network montor. Its usually those that screen packets and make youtube videos run like crap.

Try click the nortons icon and open it. see if you see firewall option or network monitor. Then disable it or turn it off. Sometimes they have a gamer mode where you can disable it for a certain time like 10 mins or a hour. try that then go load a youtube video and see how it does.

If its just anti virus the other options wont be available to you to even change settings with.