Oh, It's Personal This Week! Fantasy Question

Before someone asks, it's an 8 man league. $50 buy in. This week, it's been heated smack talk, my opponent is probably making a huge trade (not sure of complete details yet) to upgrade his roster to face me. I need to make THE correct decision this week. I don't want to leave a single point on the bench against him. I want him to be destroyed; no room for error. Help me!

Which 5 of the 6 players would you start? Why?

Calvin Johnson @ Jac

Aj Green vs Den

Victor Cruz vs Pit

Ryan Mathews vs KC

Adrian Peterson @ Sea

LeSean McCoy @ NO

I want YOUR input.

Ok, here are my thougts: I HAVE to bench a player. All of those players are studs, so I think it's best to bench one of the WRs cuz they're way less predictible.

Peterson is a monster but he has the TOUGHEST match up. Plus, it'll be raining in Sea and the Hawks have a tough D...fumbles could be likely. I considered beching him for this reason. But He is Purple Jesus. Toughest match up or not, he's the rushing league leader. He'll get his touches.

Mathews is on a struggling offesne...on a short week. I considered beching him for this. But he's up against a very struggling defense in a nationally televised game. And after how the Chargers played last week, I expect him to get his touches and make something out of em.

Cruz and Green are both incredible talents, but they both had horrible games their last game. Both are up against good defenses. It's hard to predict which one of these guys will have a huge game...WRs aren't as reliable as RBs from week to week. I considered benching one of them for this reason. But they're rankind #1 and #2 in fantasy respectively at their postion. Cruz is coming off a bad game and Green off a bye. They both have decent QBs. I think they bounce back.

Calvin has been a big disappointment. Last week he was up against the tough Sea D and didnt do well. I considered benching him for this. But he's up against the lowly Jags (who played surprisingly well against Rodgers and the Pac last week), so he can def have his break out game this week. I mean he IS Megatron. Stafford is starting to become more relaible, too.

McCoy is a lock against the Taints. I expect him to have a big game.

So, what do you think? Which 5 outta 6 would YOU start? Help me!

Sit Ryan Mathews. You don't sit Calvin Johnson, AJ Green has been a beast this hear, and Cruz is a stud as well. The only choice you would even have is McCoy or Mathews, and neither are consistent this season, but the Saints defense is the worst in the league. Look for him to blow up this week.

Bench Calvin and McCoy.

Start AP, Matthews and Cruz

Pittsburgh defense is overrated Cruz will score TWICE

AP is a no brainer

KC can't stop the run

Eagles will be throwing the ball around McCoy gets his but he wont be the go to guy Monday.

Calvin may score but I wouldn't bet on it

Denver defense is getting overshadowed by Manning AJ gets locked down.

Pick up Stokley or Decker for your flex spot

Bench Calvin and McCoy.

Start AP, Matthews and Cruz

Pittsburgh defense is overrated Cruz will score TWICE

AP is a no brainer

KC can't stop the run

Eagles will be throwing the ball around McCoy gets his but he wont be the go to guy Monday.

Calvin may score but I wouldn't bet on it

Denver defense is getting overshadowed by Manning AJ gets locked down.

Pick up Stokley or Decker for your flex spot

Both of those players are taken. I can also start the players I listed above at flex. The flex in my league is WR/RB. And why do you think Green won't have big game. He's fresh off a bye and one of the best in the league.

I'd bench either Matthews or Green. Green has a tough match up, and as you saw when we played the Broncos they can take your best receiver away. I also don't think Andy Dalton will get the time to go deep. Matthews is easily the worst player on your roster, but he has an easier match up this week. That's the choice in my opinion.

Megatron is having a down year, but he will explode one of these weeks and you don't want to miss it.

Ok, here are my thougts: I HAVE to bench a player. All of those players are studs, so I think it's best to bench one of the WRs cuz they're way less predictible.

Peterson is a monster but he has the TOUGHEST match up. Plus, it'll be raining in Sea and the Hawks have a tough D...fumbles could be likely. I considered beching him for this reason. But He is Purple Jesus. Toughest match up or not, he's the rushing league leader. He'll get his touches.

Mathews is on a struggling offesne...on a short week. I considered beching him for this. But he's up against a very struggling defense in a nationally televised game. And after how the Chargers played last week, I expect him to get his touches and make something out of em.

Cruz and Green are both incredible talents, but they both had horrible games their last game. Both are up against good defenses. It's hard to predict which one of these guys will have a huge game...WRs aren't as reliable as RBs from week to week. I considered benching one of them for this reason. But they're rankind #1 and #2 in fantasy respectively at their postion. Cruz is coming off a bad game and Green off a bye. They both have decent QBs. I think they bounce back.

Calvin has been a big disappointment. Last week he was up against the tough Sea D and didnt do well. I considered benching him for this. But he's up against the lowly Jags (who played surprisingly well against Rodgers and the Pac last week), so he can def have his break out game this week. I mean he IS Megatron. Stafford is starting to become more relaible, too.

McCoy is a lock against the Taints. I expect him to have a big game.

So, what do you think? Which 5 outta 6 would YOU start? Help me!

You are over-thinking it. People have a bias towards RB's because they feel like they are more guaranteed for points because they get more touches. The problem is, the majority of their touches are 3 and 4 yard gains. The NFL is a passing league and WR's tend to have more upside unless you have an elite RB (Foster, Rice, etc...). Mathews has fumbling problems. He has lost 2 fumbles in only 82 carries this season. He also only has 1 TD on the season. It's a no-brainer. Sit him. Cleveland has the 24th ranked rush defense and he had a mediocre game against them.

Mathews is more likely to get you at least 10 points. Cruz or Green could end up with a small point total. But both of them are more likely to get you a 20 point game, which is what you are hoping for in fantasy. One player getting 10 points is not a game changer in fantasy. One player getting 20+ changes the game.

You are over-thinking it. People have a bias towards RB's because they feel like they are more guaranteed for points because they get more touches. The problem is, the majority of their touches are 3 and 4 yard gains. The NFL is a passing league and WR's tend to have more upside unless you have an elite RB (Foster, Rice, etc...). Mathews has fumbling problems. He has lost 2 fumbles in only 82 carries this season. He also only has 1 TD on the season. It's a no-brainer. Sit him. Cleveland has the 24th ranked rush defense and he had a mediocre game against them.

Mathews is more likely to get you at least 10 points. Cruz or Green could end up with a small point total. But both of them are more likely to get you a 20 point game, which is what you are hoping for in fantasy. One player getting 10 points is not a game changer in fantasy. One player getting 20+ changes the game.

Ya, but if those WRs get shut out, then I'm screwed. I don't want to leave a single point on the bench. I want to win by as much as possible.

Thanks, pzummo. I always like your inputs.

I know Megatron is "due" for a monster game, but he's been a massive disappointment this seasons. At least Hakeem Nicks has an excuse for his letdown year. Jacksonville showed last week (and against Indy) that they can hold a passing game in check when there is no running game to balance an attack... I think Johnson has a mediocre performance again. I won't trust him until the Lions show they've found a way to get him open consistently. Plus, you know... Madden Curse!

Alrighty. I think you HAVE to start McCoy vs NO. NO has a terrible defense and he should be good for at least 1 TD. Maybe two. I like AJ Green and Cruz as well. Finally I'd start Mathews and CJ. CJ has been a huge disappointment, but it is the Jags and he is due for a decent game. I don't like APs matchup this week so I would bench him. Nice team you got there tho. :)

I think sitting Green is probably the best option here. Every other matchup favors the player, except that one. Gore shredded Seattle's run D. KC and NO are both disasters on defense. Cruz has Eli throwing him the ball against a Pittsburgh team that lost to Tennessee and then Megatron vs Jax's #1 CB, Rashean Mathis who may or may not be dealing with a groin issue. Denver D has been good lately and Bailey v Green will be tough for Green. Just my .02.

I'd bench either Matthews or Green. Green has a tough match up, and as you saw when we played the Broncos they can take your best receiver away. I also don't think Andy Dalton will get the time to go deep. Matthews is easily the worst player on your roster, but he has an easier match up this week. That's the choice in my opinion.

Megatron is having a down year, but he will explode one of these weeks and you don't want to miss it.

I agree with this.

I did NOT start Ryan Mathews, and he didn't have an impressive showing. I benched him last minute and I ended up starting Calvin, instead. Hopefully, Calvin finally has a big game. Thanks you all for the advice, especially you pzummo. I always appreciate your inputs, man. You guys were right. I did pick up the Chargers' DEFENSE off of waivers, though, and started them. And they showed up big time! Thanks again, everyone.

I did NOT start Ryan Mathews, and he didn't have an impressive showing. I benched him last minute and I ended up starting Calvin, instead. Hopefully, Calvin finally has a big game. Thanks you all for the advice, especially you pzummo. I always appreciate your inputs, man. You guys were right. I did pick up the Chargers' DEFENSE off of waivers, though, and started them. And they showed up big time! Thanks again, everyone.

Good deal. I started Chargers defense over the Texans playing the Bills on a hunch. Looks like it paid off big this week. Those 2 defensive TD's were huge.

I'm in a 14 team league, so our rosters are not nearly as good as yours. I'm leading the league right now though. I have Austin and Turner in right now but debating about swapping one for Hartline vs Indy. Turner's been a disappointment. Austin's been a stud but I'm not sure about him against our defense.

Here are my starters. Brees, McGahee, Turner, Andre Johnson, Miles Austin, Jason Witten, Texans D, and Shane Graham.

I know what it's like in deep leagues. I'm in a Yahoo league that has 16 players. Our rosters there isn't as good as yours lol. Starting the Chargers' D paid off big time! If you take out Turner who else are you gonna start at RB? Most leagues have 2 RBs as starters. If you can somehow take out Turner for Hartline, do it. I don't see Turner having a huge game. Of course, I could be wrong and he just goes off this week...I just don't like the match up. Leave in Austin. Last time we played em, Austin flat out balled. Our defense is a lot better now, but I don't see how we stop Witten and Austin from scoring with Dez on the other side. I'm starting Witten over Owen Daniels. I expect Witten to have a good game seeing how this is favorable match up.

I don't want to blow my own trumpet or anything... but I will wink.png

8-0 in fantasy football this year - we have a 10 team league and my team is as follows:

QB - Ryan, RGIII

RB - Trent Richardson, Marshawn Lynch, Reggie Bush, Doug Martin, Steven Ridley

WR - Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, Eric Decker, Steve Johnson

TE - Kyle Rudolph

K - Justin Tucker

D - Seahawks, Falcons

I don't want to blow my own trumpet or anything... but I will wink.png

8-0 in fantasy football this year - we have a 10 team league and my team is as follows:

QB - Ryan, RGIII

RB - Trent Richardson, Marshawn Lynch, Reggie Bush, Doug Martin, Steven Ridley

WR - Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, Eric Decker, Steve Johnson

TE - Kyle Rudolph

K - Justin Tucker

D - Seahawks, Falcons

Wow, you are stacked at Rb! Holy smokes. How?? That's nuts lol. You're 8-0 so I wouldn't change anything but use one of em in a package and go get yourself a Victor Cruz or something.

I know what it's like in deep leagues. I'm in a Yahoo league that has 16 players. Our rosters there isn't as good as yours lol. Starting the Chargers' D paid off big time! If you take out Turner who else are you gonna start at RB? Most leagues have 2 RBs as starters. If you can somehow take out Turner for Hartline, do it. I don't see Turner having a huge game. Of course, I could be wrong and he just goes off this week...I just don't like the match up. Leave in Austin. Last time we played em, Austin flat out balled. Our defense is a lot better now, but I don't see how we stop Witten and Austin from scoring with Dez on the other side. I'm starting Witten over Owen Daniels. I expect Witten to have a good game seeing how this is favorable match up.

Turner is my flex, so I could do that. My only concern is that Dallas is good against the pass and even though the yards are not there, Turner does have 4 TD's. And Hartline has struggled ever since he blew up those 2 weeks. But I also think it's the Falcon homer in me keeping him in the lineup. I'll keep that option in mind though and might go with Hartline over him.

I agree that Witten will likely have a good game. Austin I'm not as confident because of Nolan, Asante, D-Rob, and our pass defense. If I was the Cowboys, my gameplan would revolve around the running game, Witten, and Ogletree playing our defense.