Romney Turns Cancelled Campaign Event Into Relief Effort: What An A****le!

But they gave him credit for them urging others to donate to the relief effort though they did start off with the campaign vid. NPR

I personally don't care if he wants to keep campaigning. I don't see anything wrong with that. But don't hold the exact same event and call it something other than a campaign rally. It's just smarmy.

I personally don't care if he wants to keep campaigning. I don't see anything wrong with that. But don't hold the exact same event and call it something other than a campaign rally. It's just smarmy.

Maybe they cancelled the campaign event out of deference to the troubled areas in the shadow of the hurricane and decided to make use of the space. Thats just smarmy I guess.

Maybe they cancelled the campaign event out of deference to the troubled areas in the shadow of the hurricane and decided to make use of the space. Thats just smarmy I guess.

Some reports say that his campaign bought $5,000 in supplies from Walmart that they then gave to people standing in line to "donate" at the event. It was a campaign event with the same campaign video and the same speakers they had already planned. Just keep campaigning and don't pretend it's something that its not.

It was a campaign event. They simply changed the name from "Victory Rally" to "Relief Rally".

Ask yourself this question. You have a prepared, scheduled event, people are planning to BE there, so instead of getting on the stump and talking politics, YOU turn it into a relief rally. What the heck is WRONG with that? I would say, Obamas touring NJ is a stunt, taking valuable resources much needed on the ground away, and makes NO sense whatsoever.

Some reports say that his campaign bought $5,000 in supplies from Walmart that they then gave to people standing in line to "donate" at the event. It was a campaign event with the same campaign video and the same speakers they had already planned. Just keep campaigning and don't pretend it's something that its not.

And I'm sure you've got the evidence to back up that claim? Let me guess where you got that tidbit. CNN or MSNBC?

It's really a no win situation for a challenger, if he just keeps campaigning he would get hammered as being out of touch our insensitive. While his opponent can occupy himself with being the president.

I don't think that there would have been any right answer for Romney in that situation.