100% Chance We See The Amoeba Defense Alot Sunday Night..

crankdatfalcon

I think Nolan likes to put on a show when under the national spotlight..the only time we played that defense alot was the Monday nighter against the broncos and the world seen the great results..there may be a great chance we see it again and confuse homo romo big time...

Doesn't work as well with mobile QBs, more likely see the big tackle 3 on run downs and the amoeba on obvious passing downs.

I doubt it. Garrett loves the trap play, and they will run it all day if they see the Falcons in that D.

Garrett doesn't know what to game plan for because we havent played that defense a lot lately so it would be a shock to them also..since Nolan does adjusts to what the offense is playing, if it was the case of Garrett noticing it, it will be a tale of 2 halfs..show one defense one half, then show another the second half..

This thread just reminds me of the arsenal Nolan has. I thinks he approaches each week deciding which of his 52 cards he wants to play lol. I have yet to see the same defensive strategy this season. Even if one card fails, he pulls out another during half-time adjustments. . . like the KC game.

We definately see it in passing situations. Romo is definately going to look for keys in our defense. Couldn't use it against RGIII, that would have been disasturous. Cam and Vick can't read defenses so it would have been useless to use it against them. Oakland had too much team speed to F around with it.

This week we roll out the pure 3-4 look for the first time...with DeCoud and Moore at the inside line backer positions. Owens gets to play single high safety.

not gonna happen at all. when the Falcons ran 3-4 looks this past week the alignment was like this:

Weatherspoon.....Nicholas........Biermann.............Abraham

..............Babineaux........Peters..............Edwards

.............LT.......LG.......C.........RG.......RT........TE

Nah. Romo isn't as cerebral as Peyton. He's an athletic guy. He'd scramble around until he found somebody. Probably don't see it again until little brother comes to town.

No one is as cerebral as Peyton and Tony is an athletic guy. He has to scramble around because his line isn't great, he's not going to stay in the pocket and get beat up. He's a lot better QB than people in this thread are giving him credit for.