Just Ordered My Iphone 5

Mr. Hoopah!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I joined the iSheep crowd in January with a 4.0. Didn't feel like springing the extra cash for SIri. Glad I didn't. My wife has it and never uses it. At any rate, I'm slowly becoming disenchanted with it. I generally like Mac products, particularly their computers (have had 4). But unless the next iPhone is something revolutionary, I will probably start exploring my options. Not to say they're shiitty. I guess I just expected more.

I always hated apple but since I bought the ipad 3 in march, I started to understand. I added an ipod and apple tv soon. I really like their software, stability and comfort. Thinking about adding the iphone 5 for christmas, but it is insanely overpriced at 680€ vs 440€ for the Samsung Galaxy S3 (in Europe we buy the phones first and add a provider of our choice later), which actually has some features that the iphone doesn´t.

I always hated apple but since I bought the ipad 3 in march, I started to understand. I added an ipod and apple tv soon. I really like their software, stability and comfort. Thinking about adding the iphone 5 for christmas, but it is insanely overpriced at 680€ vs 440€ for the Samsung Galaxy S3 (in Europe we buy the phones first and add a provider of our choice later), which actually has some features that the iphone doesn´t.

I am in a similar boat. My first mac product was an ipod touch. Then I was given an iMac as a gift. Then my wife and I switched to iphones. We now have three iMac's, 2 iphones, 1 ipad, and iTV. The hands off nature of the mac is a breath of fresh air. I used to build PC's and we still have suped up gaming machine for my wife and a Microsoft laptop for me because I have some critical software that is Microsoft only.

All of the iMacs are gifts, so I doubt that I would have ever switched if I had to come of the hip for them. I may be hooked though.

Edited by Flip Flop

welcome to the darkside. I am actually looking to move back to the original dark side( microsoft) in the tablet market. Windows 8 Pro on a tablet seems like the true future.

edit: I am probably getting a Sprint iPhone 5 around christmas. Just waiting for my contract to get closer, so I can sell my 4s to pay my ETF on ATT.

I have a iPhone 4 and refuse to upgrade because stupidass Verizon will not allow me to keep my unlimited data plan if I change phones.....I'll stick with the 4.

Tier Data is the way of the Duopoly. One of the reasons I am planning on leaving the Death Start for Sprint. I want Unlimited data, plus Sprint is one of the top Green Companies.

I wish we would have more competition in our telecom market, since it seems like ATT/Verizon basically run the market.

I think Microsoft failed on their tablets, and I was really looking forward to it. The price of the RT version is just insane, and I can't imagine paying over $1000.00 for the Full Windows 8 version.

500 for a 32gb ARM tablet with the touch cover seems like a good deal. I am willing to give them a chance. They are trying to merge a tablet along with the traditional Laptop.

Have you seen some of the new convertible tablets. some flip over, while others use the keyboard as a dock/extended battery. This does look like the future of computing.

The droid is more powerful and has better utility . . . if you take the time to figure it all out. I wish I would do that, but I know I would not. So the iphone is the easy way out.

I would have assumed customization, since that is the only indisputable thing it has over the iPhone. Utility, I would probably give to Windows Phone 8. the live tiles put everything at your fingertips on the home screen. But Android 4.2( unreleased) has widgets on the Lockscreen, which could be vital for utility. iPhone is getting dated with Windows 8 becoming the belle of the ball.

500 for a 32gb ARM tablet with the touch cover seems like a good deal. I am willing to give them a chance. They are trying to merge a tablet along with the traditional Laptop.

Have you seen some of the new convertible tablets. some flip over, while others use the keyboard as a dock/extended battery. This does look like the future of computing.

I would have assumed customization, since that is the only indisputable thing it has over the iPhone. Utility, I would probably give to Windows Phone 8. the live tiles put everything at your fingertips on the home screen. But Android 4.2( unreleased) has widgets on the Lockscreen, which could be vital for utility. iPhone is getting dated with Windows 8 becoming the belle of the ball.

You see, if I understood ANY of that I probably would not have to be stuck with a iPhone . . ..

welcome to the darkside. I am actually looking to move back to the original dark side( microsoft) in the tablet market. Windows 8 Pro on a tablet seems like the true future.

Maybe, because you can install actual desktop software instead of apps. But the first generation Win 8 pro tablets are very heavy since the intel hardware requires a much bigger battery. But the potential is there. I actually bought a Win 8 upgrade for my rarely used notebook just to get an extensive first look on Win8... it is rather useless for a PC and especially notebook but it is a good start for tablets.

But for now, I stick with my ipad.

Anyone buying the new google Nexus 10 (tablet) or Nexus 4 (phone)? They have outstanding hardware and are priced surprisingly low. And they don´t have the problem that I considered the biggest issue with android devices: They are getting updates instantly because they are from google. I had two android devices from Samsung in the past and their update policy drove me nuts. I might give the Nexus 4 a shot...

I actually wrote a piece in a Judicial Newsletter about the future of true mobile computing and argued that laptops never fit this bill since they were nomadic in nature. One of my Judges is a techie and loves new toys. Him and I have been testing out Lenovo and fujitsu laptops\tablets, and so far we both favor the fujitsu. I am more concerned about the Microsoft tablet that will essentially be competing with the Mac book. IMO, I would think the 32 gig RT version with a keyboard should be more like $399, but I have not used one so Iguess I can't really comment. What I do know is that MS tends to **** the bed when they do hardware.

Edited by FalconDrifter

My wife had the Droid just prior to getting the iphone in February. The customization was awesome, but the battery life and buggy software made the device really frustrating. Most of us just want a phone that works all the time.

That's the main reason I'm sticking with Apple. I've had a 3GS for 3 years, and my wife has had one for most of the last year. It still works. It's getting slower and more frustrating, but it's 3 generations behind the current one, so that's to be expected.

My 2008 iMac still works like a charm. I've come to expect that from Apple. My iPad (a gift) is the only Apple device I own that I probably would not have purchased for myself (and will likely never upgrade for the same reason).