Herm Edwards On The Falcons

Snafu

Heard it on ESPN radio so no link.

Said we can go 16-0 and nobody would give us respect, but he thinks we aree for real. Said he see's we are a different team. Said our locker room and coaching staff wont allow 7-0 to go to our heads. See's something different in Matt Ryan this year, that he's playing on a different level. Said what we did to Philly was the same as a stranger opening your front door, walking in your house, going to the fridge and asking whats for dinner.

Edited by RubberDucky

If we did go 16-0 ... I would get a laugh about them still talking junk. We would have to do well in the playoffs for sure if we did that. If we flopped again we would never hear the end of it.

I love the fridge quote. It reminds me of my dad. He always used to say something similar.

Edited by Tuggle2

Worst nightmare would be going 16-0 then losing our first playoff game. Ugh.

I honestly dont think I even want to see us go 16-0. Don't wanna go into the playoffs due for a loss. A couple regular season losses is ok, and wont really hurt us. Get one out of the way, learn from it, grow from it and become an even better team.

Edited by RubberDucky

I honestly dont think I even want to see us go 16-0. Don't wanna go into the playoffs due for a loss. A couple regular season losses is ok, and wont really hurt us. Get one out of the way, learn from it, grow from it and become an even better team.

I do. Being the first NFC team to go 19-0, while winning the Super Bowl in NO, would be the greatest thing ever. Having said that, though, we still have a lot of football left to play. For now, let's just beat Dallas. Rise Up.

Funny. Herm said just yesterday morning on SportsCenter that "I still don't believe in the Falcons." Merril Hoge finally said the Falcons were the best team in the NFC. Jaws has been on the Falcons all season.

He must have finally watched the tape from Sunday, he was singing a different tune today.

Heard it on ESPN radio so no link.

Said we can go 16-0 and nobody would give us respect, but he thinks we aree for real. Said he see's we are a different team. Said our locker room and coaching staff wont allow 7-0 to go to our heads. See's something different in Matt Ryan this year, that he's playing on a different level. Said what we did to Philly was the same as a stranger opening your front door, walking in your house, going to the fridge and asking whats for dinner.

Don't mean to be the negative one here, but Herm also said on Monday's ESPN show that he's still not a believer yet even as with much as he's seen. He's wishy washy all over the place. We don't need their backing anyway. Screw em' all...we will prevail regardless of what they say.

Don't mean to be the negative one here, but Herm also said on Monday's ESPN show that he's still not a believer yet even as with much as he's seen. He's wishy washy all over the place. We don't need their backing anyway. Screw em' all...we will prevail regardless of what they say.

Agree....he does flip flop a lot...

Our issue is neglect now, not respect. Being among the media-crowned top 5 teams is all the respect we need from them.

What is going to be sad this week is how many of our fans are going to flip out when a healthy number of analysts pick against us. If I were a fan of another team trying to win a pick'em contest I would pick against us too because odds are it will happen sometime soon.

Back to neglect... nobody cares if we win or not. For the most part are players stay out of trouble and there is no drama to our team. We live in a Jerry Springer/Fantasy Football world meow.

and probably the later we lose in the season would be best. allow us to refocus and be determined to do something in the playoffs. imo

Funny. Herm said just yesterday morning on SportsCenter that "I still don't believe in the Falcons." Merril Hoge finally said the Falcons were the best team in the NFC. Jaws has been on the Falcons all season.

actually he said he doesn't believe that we are the best team in the NFL, not that he doesn't believe in us

Yep. Also he said multiple times during the preseason that both the Falcons and Panthers would win the NFC South. It just depended on what day it was.

Not only will the coaches not let it get to our head if we go 16-0 or let us be 1 and done this year but Asante won't let us either. He's the only SB champion we have on the team. He's been to the dance 3 times and he's 2-1. He won'tet us be flat that's for sure. Even tony and Abe haven't had his playoff success so he can even give them some insite. His attitude and mental approach to games is just what the doctor ordered. I remember telling u guys in tve off season between Nolan and Asante the offense would be better because they no longer practice against vanilla and telling Matt what he sees in his game that was slowing him fr reaching the next level. If we did go 16-0 I actually wouldn't be surprised.