Finally A Game Plan Utilizing Our 3 Rbs Properly

metatron360

We have heard for 3 years how we are going to limit turner and use our other back's. I've always felt we our limited play calling was an issue, especially in the backfield.

I hope this continues and I believe it will help turner break out late in the season. luckily our game plan this post season will not depend turner getting a 4 yd avg, but I think he might have some in the tank come this post season.

We have heard for 3 years how we are going to limit turner and use our other back's. I've always felt we our limited play calling was an issue, especially in the backfield.

I hope this continues and I believe it will help turner break out late in the season. luckily our game plan this post season will not depend turner getting a 4 yd avg, but I think he might have some in the tank come this post season.

QUIZZ AND SNELLING GIVE US MORE FIRE-POWER FROM THE BACKFIELD.

THE EAGLES WERE CLEARLY BAFFLED BY THEM. THEY DIDN'T DO ANY

THINGS SPECTACULAR, THEY WERE JUST STEADY, THEY KEPT DRIVES

ALIVE. THATS WHAT WE NEED, THE ABILITY TO KEEP DRIVES GOING. AT

THIS POINT, I THINK TURNER SHOULD HAVE A LESSER ROLE. HE'S LOST

A LITTLE SOMETHING, BUT I DON'T THINK HE'S DONE.

I have to say....we've had a lot of "I told you Koetter is the man" threads this year. I've thought all of them were pretty premature, and sometimes just using really false pretenses.

This week is the week to say it. The design and execution of the screen to Snelling down inside the 5 was something new and it was one of the easier TDs you'll see inside the 5.

And the fake screen, go route to Davis, that wasn't a new or innovative concept, but the timing of it was epic.

I have to say....we've had a lot of "I told you Koetter is the man" threads this year. I've thought all of them were pretty premature, and sometimes just using really false pretenses.

This week is the week to say it. The design and execution of the screen to Snelling down inside the 5 was something new and it was one of the easier TDs you'll see inside the 5.

And the fake screen, go route to Davis, that wasn't a new or innovative concept, but the timing of it was epic.

Was it? I coulda swore Quizz had a middle screen go for a TD from inside the 10 earlier this year.

Was it? I coulda swore Quizz had a middle screen go for a TD from inside the 10 earlier this year.

against the Chargers. I like using Quizz a little more as the primary RB but running Turner in more spread formations in the red zone. all that power blocking to me is just running guys into big ole piles of dudes. let Turner plow his way over one of two guys instead

He did but it wasn't the same type of play.

Quizz play against the Chargers was just a rb route out the backfield. The O-line didn't move beyond the line of scrimmage.

On the Snelling play, the O-line moved beyond the line of scrimmage for a screen pass

He did but it wasn't the same type of play.

Quizz play against the Chargers was just a rb route out the backfield. The O-line didn't move beyond the line of scrimmage.

On the Snelling play, the O-line moved beyond the line of scrimmage for a screen pass

Meh, ok I get the point you are trying to make. Maybe you are correct, I suppose I need to see video and get some more knowledge but it was a very similar play. I liked the screen for sure.

Either way both worked and both were good play calls for the time.

I seem to recall a time when the screen worked good for Atlanta in a couple games but they seemed to get stuck on them and next thing ya know our running back was out for the season. Maybe it had nothin to do with the number of screens but it felt that way to me. I like that this team doesn't seem to get hooked on something so that they carry it on from game to game without wrinkle. Seems like someone else mentioned doing the sme thing but using a different path to get there. maybe my supposed middle screen earlier and this screen and the shovel pass are attacking the same area using different paths