Falcons Defense @ Phi

Guest Negatorris

Looking at this, I don't see how there's any way people can look at our D and think turnovers are a fluke. We could've had 3+ easy and won this game by something like 37 to 10, even with our foot off the gas.

EDIT: Man, Vick looks so AFRAID. Look at that beautiful pass rush.

Edited by Falcan Moore

Looking at this, I don't see how there's any way people can look at our D and think turnovers are a fluke. We could've had 3+ easy and won this game by something like 37 to 10, even with our foot off the gas.

EDIT: Man, Vick looks so AFRAID. Look at that beautiful pass rush.

Agreed, that looked like **** good defense to me. And not to get Warren Moon all mad, but Kroy Bierman reminds me of John Lynch if Lynch added 30 or so pounds and had been just a little slower to start with.

Freakin awesome, thanks.

I noticed Hope was in there on that early play where McCoy reversed to the other side of the field. One of the plays that we had 4 cb's in we had the safeties at the line and Kroy playing safety. That was a risky play, but it worked. If Owens didn't make a great play it might have been a big gain. Another time I saw Owens in there we were in a completely different defense.

Mike Nolan is the man. That was some great defense and Nolan continues to show that he wasn't kidding when he said he would rather have a lot of guys getting sacks instead of 1 guy having a lot of sacks. The offenses never know where the sacks are coming from.

We could have fifty sacks by the year's end. We're pretty much done with the stretch of mobile QBs and have some bad O-Lines coming up.

If we can get to Romo I will be very impressed. He isn't great at anything except ridiculous plays to escape pressure. This is a guy who I have seen convert when snaps went over his head and 20 yards behind him many times.

Guest Negatorris

If we can get to Romo I will be very impressed. He isn't great at anything except ridiculous plays to escape pressure. This is a guy who I have seen convert when snaps went over his head and 20 yards behind him many times.

We might see another 3 sack game from Abe. Romoception will be rattled all night.

Watching that video just makes me realize that no QB could have done better in that situation. Pocket collapsed almost instantly, receivers dropping balls, receivers not getting open, McCoy got nothing going on the ground--it was just bad. There's less than a handful of QBs more mobile than Vick, so if he couldn't escape that constant pressure up the middle and off the edge occasionally, what makes people think Foles would do a better job?

The defense was absolutely deadly vs Vick, even with his talented WR's. What a coup for Smith to be able to get Mike Nolan to come in and craft a defense for the Falcons that matches the incredible quality of our offense. This is the start of a dynasty, boys, cause we're going to be better next year than this year, and better the year after that as Nolan, Koetter and TD add the finishing touches to what we've already got on both sides of the ball. NFC South Division teams are looking at a long, hard road over the next five or six years.