America Will Make Up Its Mind About This Team Sunday Night.

the_sheff

I know some of you will say "who cares" but one look at this board and its clear a lot of people are really hung up on what the general consensus is on this team from the outside. If they werent then we wouldnt have people scouring the net posting quotes and articles from every analyst/expert that says anything slightly critical about the team.

Anyway, all eyes will be on us Sunday night. Everyone will be curious to see the last undefeated team in action. If we come out and play well and put the Cowboys away it will go a long way in swaying public opinion on this team. If we screw the pooch people will say we are overrated, havent played anyone, and then bring up the post season blunders again.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If we win they'll talk about how the Cowboys aren't a very good team. That's just how it is.

I dont think so this time. Everyone just saw the Cowboys come back and give the Giants a challenge even with 6 turnovers. If we beat the Cowboys down like we did the Eagles people will have to take notice.

I know some of you will say "who cares" but one look at this board and its clear a lot of people are really hung up on what the general consensus is on this team from the outside. If they werent then we wouldnt have people scouring the net posting quotes and articles from every analyst/expert that says anything slightly critical about the team.

Anyway, all eyes will be on us Sunday night. Everyone will be curious to see the last undefeated team in action. If we come out and play well and put the Cowboys away it will go a long way in swaying public opinion on this team. If we screw the pooch people will say we are overrated, havent played anyone, and then bring up the post season blunders again.

The first time we lose a game, even if it is to become fifteen and one they will say that anyway. Oh well.

It was the SD game after that. It was the Carolina game after that. Then the Redskins, then the Eagles. At what point do the haters let the hate go?

yeah i agree the haters are just running out of ammo period, but this cowboys game is just one more chance to show how good we are nationally. fans and the media have very short memories.

National perceptions of this team won't change without a deep playoff run. Even if they dismantle the next 3 teams they face, it'll be, well, the Cowboys were struggling, Saints are dealing with the effects of bountygate, Arizona doesn't have an offense.

So, I think they should just go ahead and dismantle the next 3 teams, and the 6 teams after that. Then go on that deep playoff run.

I don't really care so much about national perception. If people don't think the Falcons are a really good football team, they just aren't paying attention to the season at all.

That being said, you always want to see your team play well when the bright lights are on. And under Mike Smith, this team always has (in the regular season), unless they are playing the Saints.

I hate national games.

I normally do too because typically we suck in them. Then I get my not so into football buddies calling me and giving me crap. I can not stand people that don't get into a team like I do but then think they have the right to dog others when the team they cheer for every Sunday without waver loses.

lol @ butt hurt fans because their favorite team does not garner media attention, praise, etc. . . will that guarantee us a SB?

cant really blame the media anyway. . . . they want to see what we do in the post-season. . . .2010 had them fooled as it did many fans. . . .soooo????

why all the butt hurt over media criticism that is well-deserved. . .

yall act like we are the only team in the league that gets this type of criticism . . . . .

starting to sound like the delusional Taint fans. . . thought yall was better than that. you may as well say Goodell and the league FO has a conspiracy against the falcons

lol @ butt hurt fans because their favorite team does not garner media attention, praise, etc. . . will that guarantee us a SB?

cant really blame the media anyway. . . . they want to see what we do in the post-season. . . .2010 had them fooled as it did many fans. . . .soooo????

yall act like we are the only team in the league that gets this type of criticism . . . . .

starting to sound like the delusional Taint fans. . . thought yall was better than that. you may as well say Goodell and the league FO has a conspiracy against the falcons

.... and then ..... then I did .... with a .... - stop .... typing ..... like..... this...-

I completely agree. My message to the Falcons "PROTECT HOME FIELD AND BEAT THE DALLAS COWBOYS SUNDAY NIGHT". Don't even let the Dallas Cowboys come to Atlanta and shock anyone. It's very similar to the time they went to New Orleans and beat the undefeated Saints. Do not allow that. STOMP Dallas from the first play to the last. Don't loose the focus especially at home. Best of luck to the Atlanta Falcons. A better team, better coaching and a group of warriors. Dont let anyone take that away from you. Especially an undeserving team like the Dallas Cowboys that the exact opposite. Alot of talent but not as good a team, poor coaching and a bunch of finger pointers.

actually lots of the national media didn't think we was that good because we won lots of close games in 2010. I know tons of ESPN,USA Today,NFL Network picked the Pack to win that game

It's a football game, not election night. About all that viewers in New York, Chicago, S.F, even Green Bay and Minnesota on the NFC side that haven't seen the Falcons play might decide is that the Falcons are better than Dallas, but that's about it.

When it comes to competing in the NFL to determine a champion, that's done in the Super Bowl, not mid season. So the idea of America making up it's mind at this point is rather meaningless.