Oline Of The Future

vel

I was thinking the other day, how we suddenly have good OLine depth. Baker, Blalock, McClure, Konz, Clabo as the starting unit with Holmes, Hawley and Reynolds as depth. Now that Baker has proven he's an NFL LT, what do you do with Lamar Holmes? Do you start prepping him for the RT spot? Inside? He's too good to just sit on the bench, but is he better than our starting group? That's the problem, and that's a good problem.

TD has caught some heat around here, and rightfully so, for "neglecting" the OLine, but now it suddenly looks to be solved for the intermediate future with:

2 LTs (Baker, Holmes)

1 LG (Blalock)

2 Cs (McClure, Hawley)

2 RGs (Konz, Reynolds)

2 RTs (Clabo, Johnson)

Let's not forget PhillipKeith Manley as well, a mammoth OG that was impressive in the preseason. Mike Johnson may not be the most popular guy around here and can be replaced, but when's the last time we could say we were two deep at every position and not have drop off? This team is only getting better.

I think lamar eventually takes over for claybo we keep baker at LT, mudd duck retires, hawley takes over RG, garret is a backup for both guard positions eventually , and blalock stays good for awhile longer and johnson backs up both tackle positions

Forgot Konz. Hawley would take over in the middle with Konz at RG in my opinion. That's how they lined up together in the preseason.

Forgot Konz. Hawley would take over in the middle with Konz at RG in my opinion. That's how they lined up together in the preseason.

that would be a good line-up to me too. I read on here that McClure got the highest grade on that pff site and so I went back and watched him. lol. I wish I could sit with whoever evaluated him so they could explain how they came up with that

that would be a good line-up to me too. I read on here that McClure got the highest grade on that pff site and so I went back and watched him. lol. I wish I could sit with whoever evaluated him so they could explain how they came up with that

agree either mudd duck or claybo to me have been the worst team olinemen on this team this yr. blalock or baker have been the best.

I actually think konzs helps claybo

One thing that's telling may be the fact that Hawley has been inactive for the majority of games this season, which would seem to suggest that they trust Konz to backup all three interior spots more. It could mean that they see Konz as the longterm C. We'll see.

I go by what I see I have seen him get turned around a few times this yr, I dont care what pff say. I watch the game usually at least twice and he has been sub par at best

Yea, McClure needs to be replaced and I'm waiting on that day. But for now, he's there because of continuity and his intelligence. He gets bullied in the run game more times than not though.

What's the situation on Svitek coming back next year.

No clue. Doubt we let him just walk. Maybe cut Johnson to keep him?

I was thinking the other day, how we suddenly have good OLine depth. Baker, Blalock, McClure, Konz, Clabo as the starting unit with Holmes, Hawley and Reynolds as depth. Now that Baker has proven he's an NFL LT, what do you do with Lamar Holmes? Do you start prepping him for the RT spot? Inside? He's too good to just sit on the bench, but is he better than our starting group? That's the problem, and that's a good problem.

TD has caught some heat around here, and rightfully so, for "neglecting" the OLine, but now it suddenly looks to be solved for the intermediate future with:

2 LTs (Baker, Holmes)

1 LG (Blalock)

2 Cs (McClure, Hawley)

2 RGs (Konz, Reynolds)

2 RTs (Clabo, Johnson)

Let's not forget PhillipKeith Manley as well, a mammoth OG that was impressive in the preseason. Mike Johnson may not be the most popular guy around here and can be replaced, but when's the last time we could say we were two deep at every position and not have drop off? This team is only getting better.

I don't think Svitek is getting cut.

My thoughts- Hawley takes over a at center-either this year through injury or next year through retirement, Konz is the RG, Holmes is the back up tackle for a year or two- takes over for either Clabo or Baker. Manley becomes the back up guard.

A line of Holmes, Konz, Hawley, Blalock and Baker would be stout.

My thoughts- Hawley takes over a at center-either this year through injury or next year through retirement, Konz is the RG, Holmes is the back up tackle for a year or two- takes over for either Clabo or Baker. Manley becomes the back up guard.

A line of Holmes, Konz, Hawley, Blalock and Baker would be stout.

That could be the lineup, but not sure about Hawley. I thought his occasional play at center was spotty. Anyone know how he rates with Konz and McClure at center? The line might be stronger with Konz at Center and Manley at RG.

I'm not a fan of Johnson at tackle. he was an all american LG in college. I'd rather see holmes backing up LT, reynolds backing up RT, Konz at C with Hawley backing him up and Johnson playing/backing up Guard. maybe if Svitek comes back as a backup to everything....

Hawley has had some solid games backing up McClure, I'd be ok with him getting more experience there and keeping Konz at RG, our run game sure looked better sunday set up that way