Guys, Please Ignore This If You Don't Want To See A Question About The Nike Jerseys.

DawgFan

For anyone who can offer some insight:

I am really interested in getting a Gonzo jersey since it's his last year. Just two questions:

1) Should I go with the throwback or the normal home one? (I'm leaning throwback)

2) Someone told me because the of the way these are cut you actually can't wear a normal t-shirt underneath because it looks funny. Truth?

Thanks for your inputs, guys.

Edit: And when I say normal t-shirt I just mean a standard cotton shirt. They said a really close fitting under armour or something is fine.

Edited by DawgFan

lol- they don't sew a Nike emblem on a reebok jersey. thats the most ridic thing Ive heard. Maybe youre talking about it being a VERY similar pattern. thats because even though the NFL granted NIKE the contract they put limitations on how much the jerseys can change. They do this to protect us "the fan" from feeling forced to go out and buy new jerseys.

Edited by Markieh18

lol- they don't sew a Nike emblem on a reebok jersey. thats the most ridic thing Ive heard. Maybe youre talking about it being a VERY similar pattern. thats because even though the NFL granted NIKE the contract they put limitations on how much the jerseys can change. They do this to protect us "the fan" from feeling forced to go out and buy new jerseys.

I had heard someone on mention that on the radio that 5 teams -ATL being one of them , declined Nike's new uniform type and the person reporting that erroneously said that they were just sewing a Nike emblem on a Reebok jersey. With that said, ATL is in essence using the old Reebok jersey-the same cut as last years jersey. So in essence if you buy an authentic Reebok Falcons jersey, it's pretty close to what they are wearing on the field minus the Nike logo.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/04/five-nfl-teams-declined-nikes-uniform-makeover/1#.UI9G18VZX88

Thanks for all the input, guys! So I have already gone crazy looking for the Gonzo Reebok version of my size (medium) and have had no luck, so it has to be Nike at this stage. I was asking more from aesthetics if the throwback is as cool as the home. And I noticed it is kind of different from the Reebok jerseys, but you guys are right nothing major.

Edited by DawgFan

I've seen the "Game Jerseys" and the "Limited Jerseys". The material is completely different from the Reebok ones and the cut a little slimmer with more stretch. Also the shoulders are differently stitched then the prior ones, with it coming around the front where a shoulder pat would go (in essence).

I'd say the "Game Jersey" is superior to the Reebok "Replica", since it doesn't have the screened on numbers through mesh, that wears off after many washes, but rubber type numbers with still no weight.

The "Limited Jersey" is similar to the Reebok "Elite", with the faux patches, but I think the Nike one's are a little too stiff (especially the Falcon logo on the sleeves -- kinda sticks out from the rest of the sleeve.)

All in all, I'd say the material is the biggest change and the Nike's are a little slimmer, but not enough that you couldn't wear an undershirt as before. I've worn Medium and also Youth XL - (since they're cheaper and fit better, with shorter sleeves) and think they fit similar to the Reebok. (Just stay away from Small, which is worthless)