Thoughts On Matt Ryan Getting Another Pro Bowl Snub This Year?!

1989Fan

I have said, repeatedly, they have to give an incentive to win the PB. My best suggestion is that they give the winning conference an extra home game against the other.

I don't like that. You would be cutting into revenue for teams that have no control over it.

Edited by dmite

Pro Bowl has always been nothing but a beauty pageant. Best part is selectees get to take their families on an expense paid trip to Hawaii. Now that it's played before the Super Bowl does anybody know if selectees that have to decline due to Super Bowl prep are given any kind of consolation. Kinda sucks that you work that hard to get to a Super Bowl and Pro Bowl and then miss out on the Pro Bowl trip!

When was the last time anyone actually seriously watched a Pro Bowl? The whole process is a joke; veteran players routinely find they have other engagements come Pro Bowl time.

Heck, I seriously think the game would be more exciting if the players actually did play flag football. Maybe then the players would actually exert some effort instead of worrying about getting hurt in a totally meaningless game.

If Ryan or any other Falcon gets named to the Pro Bowl, fine. If not, to me that's OK also.

Pro bowl is a joke anyways after this year there maybe nobody voted to that horrible game as it might be going .

The game is a joke, but there is still a huge honor of being named to the NFL's equivalent of an "all-star team". That and the amount of pro bowls you receive can be a factor in one's resume for the Hall of Fame. I would be pissed if Ryan did not make it this year, but I think he can make it if we continue to never lose (or lose twice maybe). I could see Brees not being on it this year, but Rodgers is a lock and the rest is pretty much a toss up between Eli, RG3, and Ryan. Ryan has been the best this year, but they others are just so popular. Eli has won 2 superbowls and deserves to be a bit overrated, but RG3 is just this year's Cam Newton as far as popularity is concerned (except RG3 is actually a good guy).

4,600 yds 39 TD 14 int 7.6 ypa 605 attempts 69% comp with 200 rush yds 2 Tds

Those are the numbers he's on pace for. He won't get snubbed playing like that.

What is bad, though, is that if the Falcons clinch early, then Ryan's totals will be lower than the other QB's who are still fighting for the playoffs.

Goodell has threatened to cancel the Pro Bowl game itself if the level of play does not improve over last year. Says last year was an embrarassment to the NFL. Says league would still keep Pro Bowl selection as an honor and enticement to players. No one watches and players don't want to risk injury so why not cancel!