First Take Stephen A Says Ryan Mvp Over Peyton

LVfalconfan

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm blushing. even bayless said no disrespect to Matt Ryan but Manning is my MVP leader. 7-0 does wonders for a Franchise. Glad to see Matty ice getting respect.

HE deserves a ton of respect. I hate to say it however, if all things are equal at the end of the year that I think Manning will take it. He has the whole "injury comeback" thing going for him.

I do believe Matt Ryan should get it however. If Tebow took Denver to playoffs last year, it says more about the Broncos and less about Manning.

HE deserves a ton of respect. I hate to say it however, if all things are equal at the end of the year that I think Manning will take it. He has the whole "injury comeback" thing going for him.

I do believe Matt Ryan should get it however. If Tebow took Denver to playoffs last year, it says more about the Broncos and less about Manning.

Peyton has better numbers, is playing better.

Manning deserves it as of now, which is no slight to ryan, I mean he isn't that far and still has a chance to eclipse peyton, he just has to play better and not make knuckle head throws sometimes.

If these two are the top candidates i hope they dont conveniently forget what hapenned head to head!

You mean how manning almost valiantly came back and beat matt ryan who played sub par and only needed 1 more possesion (yes I am spinning it like the media).

Maybe the mvp talk can begin around the last quarter of the season. Otherwise it is wild speculation at this stage. Plus, I'd rather see ryan with his first playoff win rather than an mvp title. However, the possibility exists that both could happen but we haven't played half the season yet...

They won't give it to manning if we keep playing the way we are... Besides Ryan has the upper hand because manning has won it 3 or 4 times... They lookin to give it to a different person...

I think Denver would have to collapse for them not to give it to Manning.

I agree finally. But these first 8 weeks have been absolutely amazing.

No question and I am happy he is in the consideration at all but it is going to be back and forth all year. I don't think I want to be excited to hear his name one week to hear them all over some other player next week.

I will provide one last post on it until later in the year. Manning's comeback on MNF was amazing but his defense really helped. Ryan's comeback against the Panthers hasn't been duplicated in 20 years. It might be biased but that makes Ryan more valuable than Manning if the stats are in the same ballpark. If it hasn't been done in 20 years it means even Manning hasn't done it.