Joss Whedon Supports Mittens Romney

GEORGIAfan

Knowing and admitting you're a liberal is the first step to true recovery.

Not sure what I need to recover from but I have never denied being a Liberal, especially on social issues.

But you need to get on the path of recovery. Trickle down does not work. Stop getting high off the methane fumes of your poop oats.

I still ain`t figured out how in the phuck a Liberal can be a Libertarian? I guess the spelling of both is close enough.

LOL!!! Its kinda like this, I'm not sure how anyone can be ANY of the above ALL OF THE TIME...its dumbed America the heck down and left us with two warring factions and a handful of sub groups.

Many on the right (and left) feel that this is a pivotal point in American history that will decide what kind of society America will become. One side believes in an entitlement society that promises to be all things to all people (absolutely impossible) and the other side believes in rugged individualism where those who work harder get ahead of those who dont. If this is truly the pivot point in history then the stakes couldn`t be higher and the rhetoric on both sides will be at times unbearable.

You guys in the middle are now forced to choose sides or make your voices and votes irrelevant. I hate to put it in those terms because your cause is truly noble and in better times I would be with you. Maybe one day I will join you, just not today.

I still ain`t figured out how in the phuck a Liberal can be a Libertarian? I guess the spelling of both is close enough.

Never claimed to be a libertarian. I said I was going to vote Libertarian, but they are pretty similar. we both agree completely on Social issues, and I have said multiple times I am left leaning on fiscal issues, but willing to hear the other side.

I believe in fiscal responsibility( I have been saying for years that we need to pay the debt, and that Keynesian Economics works when you complete ALL steps, which includes paying off the deficit spending after the economy is booming.), I just am okay with going into debt to help those that need it pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

Many on the right (and left) feel that this is a pivotal point in American history that will decide what kind of society America will become. One side believes in an entitlement society that promises to be all things to all people (absolutely impossible) and the other side believes in rugged individualism where those who work harder get ahead of those who dont. If this is truly the pivot point in history then the stakes couldn`t be higher and the rhetoric on both sides will be at times unbearable.

You guys in the middle are now forced to choose sides or make your voices and votes irrelevant. I hate to put it in those terms because your cause is truly noble and in better times I would be with you. Maybe one day I will join you, just not today.

One believes in raising taxes on the extreme wealthy while cutting spending on military and some entitlement programs, while the other wants to cut taxes on the wealthy and companies who send jobs to china while increasing military spending.

Republicans are just as much entitlement as the doggone Dems. Both groups are seriously delusional.

Dems want to raise taxes and raise spending.

Reps want to lower taxes and cut spending.

To get out of this hole in budget we need to have both: raise taxes and cut spending. Doesn't matter which side you're on because both will are leading us towards disaster. At this point, the only smart move will be to vote for the candidate who is stepping on the gas the least, and that ain't Obama.

Obama has said he will do a 2.5 to 1 spending cuts to taxes raised, which factcheck has said is true. I am sure 2 trillion of the 2.5 trillion is savings from ending the war, but at least it is a start in the right direction. Both sides are not willing to make the tough choices, but one side is definitely doing more than the other.

Of course I am voting for the side willing to make the tough choices to put us on the correct path.

http://www.heritage.org/federalbudget/growth-federal-spending-revenue

a link to a graph from a conservative site( so it is not bias in Obama's favor), which clearly shows revenue is going up under Obama, while spending has stalled. We need spending to go down, but increase revenue/stalled spending is better than decreasing revenue while increasing military spending.

Obama has said he will do a 2.5 to 1 spending cuts to taxes raised, which factcheck has said is true. I am sure 2 trillion of the 2.5 trillion is savings from ending the war, but at least it is a start in the right direction. Both sides are not willing to make the tough choices, but one side is definitely doing more than the other.

Of course I am voting for the side willing to make the tough choices to put us on the correct path.

What Obama says and what he does are two totally different things. I liked a lot of what he proposed to do in his 2008 campaign, unfortunately he hasn't done much to follow through on most of it. (namely cutting the deficit in half-that's a big one)

Also, how does factcheck prove a campaign promise that hasn't happened yet?

What Obama says and what he does are two totally different things. I liked a lot of what he proposed to do in his 2008 campaign, unfortunately he hasn't done much to follow through on most of it. (namely cutting the deficit in half-that's a big one)

Also, how does factcheck prove a campaign promise that hasn't happened yet?

I agree. I love the Person Obama says he will do, but he has yet to be that person. It was not a campaign promise. In Bill Clinton's DNC speech he talked about Obama's budget plan, which is where the figure comes from. Factchecked looked into and said it checked out. It is s fact that Obama's budget plan had 2.5 trillion dollars in spending cuts for 1 trillion in tax increase.

I agree. I love the Person Obama says he will do, but he has yet to be that person. It was not a campaign promise. In Bill Clinton's DNC speech he talked about Obama's budget plan, which is where the figure comes from. Factchecked looked into and said it checked out. It is s fact that Obama's budget plan had 2.5 trillion dollars in spending cuts for 1 trillion in tax increase.

Oh. I get it. It's still a campaign promise until passed.

The Obama administration hasn't passed a budget in 4yrs. His last proposal got 0 votes, Not even his own party backed him on any of it.

I'm just saying that Obama could promise to give everyone unicorns in his budget and factcheck can verify that he wrote it, doesn't mean it's going to happen or that even Obama believes it will happen. Just another empty promise.

Oh. I get it. It's still a campaign promise until passed.

The Obama administration hasn't passed a budget in 4yrs. His last proposal got 0 votes, Not even his own party backed him on any of it.

I'm just saying that Obama could promise to give everyone unicorns in his budget and factcheck can verify that he wrote it, doesn't mean it's going to happen or that even Obama believes it will happen. Just another empty promise.

It is up to congress to pass the budget. Obama cannot force it through, but that fact that he proposed something shows he is trying to follow through.

What is Mittens going to do? the exact same thing as Obama. Propose a budget and hope it gets passed. What is Gary Johnson going to do? The same as Obama and Mittens, propose a budget and hope it passes. The fact that it did not go through is the fault of congress not Obama on that promise. You cannot blame Obama for trying to get something done, and the people who were actually in charge doing nothing.

It is up to congress to pass the budget. Obama cannot force it through, but that fact that he proposed something shows he is trying to follow through.

What is Mittens going to do? the exact same thing as Obama. Propose a budget and hope it gets passed. What is Gary Johnson going to do? The same as Obama and Mittens, propose a budget and hope it passes. The fact that it did not go through is the fault of congress not Obama on that promise. You cannot blame Obama for trying to get something done, and the people who were actually in charge doing nothing.

But 0 votes for the latest budget? And not passing a single budget in 4yrs? That's not trying and failing, that's smack dab in the middle of living in fantasy land.

Yes, I can blame him if his proposals are so ridiculous that his own party (even the crazy members) refuse to sign off on it. (And we're talking about the same party that said we should sign it to find out what's in it).

But 0 votes for the latest budget? And not passing a single budget in 4yrs? That's not trying and failing, that's smack dab in the middle of living in fantasy land.

Yes, I can blame him if his proposals are so ridiculous that his own party (even the crazy members) refuse to sign off on it. (And we're talking about the same party that said we should sign it to find out what's in it).

How do we know they are ridiculous? It seems to me that you are going to fault Obama no matter what he does. He comes up with a proposal, which congress does not pass and he is at fault. It is not even his job. It is the job of congress. They should be the one creating and passing the budget.

Their are good reasons to fault Obama, but congress not passing his budget is not one of them.