Former "whipping Boy" Chris Owens Giving His All! Kudos To Him!

Club212

He was one of the first "whipping boys" for getting toasted in big games years ago, esp. the GB Packer home loss where he was targeted & toasted. Yes, I wanted him out of here too. But he is young, was under the guidence of BVClueless, now he is earning his way back to possibly starting. It all started with him tracking down an easy TD (forgot the game) that even the announcers said was impressive. Watched him yesturday sticking his body in there like Willy Mo. Got to give him a HUGE 'A' for is play of late.....

With the exception of Ray and might as well add Peria now, every player on the D has either stepped their game up,made plays week in and week out, or contributed in some form. You saw that every now and then with BVG. With Nolan, you see it every week.

I still think we need to add a DT, DE, and a MLB in the mix to really complete the D. Give Nolan what he wants, TD!

With the exception of Ray and might as well add Peria now, every player on the D has either stepped their game up,made plays week in and week out, or contributed in some form. You saw that every now and then with BVG. With Nolan, you see it every week.

I still think we need to add a DT, DE, and a MLB in the mix to really complete the D. Give Nolan what he wants, TD!

If & when we lose, I will post candidates for this seasons "whipping boy", Jerry looks like he may be the pre post leader, he's a non facter so far.

I agree with you, Of those three I want BPA, Speed rusher to replace Abe when he retires, a real 325+ lb NT/DT, and a MLB

I think you guys are underestimating what Jerry has done. He eats double teams which is allowing Abe to have a pro bowl caliber year. The last time Abe started out having this kind of year was Jerry's rookie year before he got hurt. Abe had a two sack game and after Jerry went down he finished the year with 6 I think. He's also helping babs out by eating bodies. His pressure was one of the reasons manning threw the first pick in the broncos game. The williams brothers in minny didn't always get huge numbers but they provided 1 on 1's for Allen. Abe hasn't seen this many 1 on 1's since big Grady. He's tied for 1st among NFC DE's with 7 sacks and leads with 3 forced fumbles. And now with peters back the defense just got even better.

Edited by TheFatboi

I'm not ready to give up on Jerry just yet he did miss his rookie season but it's getting to the show me stage. I'd like to see him come on strong at the end of the season and really play at a high level next year.

Agree with TheFatboi (all the time it seems), good points. On a sidenote really impressed with all your posts I've seen.

Edited by wleggett

I think you guys are underestimating what Jerry has done. He eats double teams which is allowing Abe to have a pro bowl caliber year. The last time Abe started out having this kind of year was Jerry's rookie year before he got hurt. Abe had a two sack game and after Jerry went down he finished the year with 6 I think. He's also helping babs out by eating bodies. His pressure was one of the reasons manning threw the first pick in the broncos game. The williams brothers in minny didn't always get huge numbers but they provided 1 on 1's for Allen. Abe hasn't seen this many 1 on 1's since big Grady. And now with peters back the defense just got even better.

I see him getting doubled more than babs

I think you guys are underestimating what Jerry has done. He eats double teams which is allowing Abe to have a pro bowl caliber year. The last time Abe started out having this kind of year was Jerry's rookie year before he got hurt. Abe had a two sack game and after Jerry went down he finished the year with 6 I think. He's also helping babs out by eating bodies. His pressure was one of the reasons manning threw the first pick in the broncos game. The williams brothers in minny didn't always get huge numbers but they provided 1 on 1's for Allen. Abe hasn't seen this many 1 on 1's since big Grady. He's tied for 1st among NFC DE's with 7 sacks and leads with 3 forced fumbles. And now with peters back the defense just got even better.

Truth. People want him to be Warren Sapp...like that's going to happen. He's the reason Bab's is crushing his 1 v 1's now after a slow start.