I Don't Care....

fansince78

I did not care what fans of other teams or the media said about the games the team has played so far. I do not about what they say about the next game either. I don't care about the Saints being bad, or the this team or that team being good. THE FALCONS HAVE WON 7 GAMES after only playing 7 games. Do some of you not get that? This is a team that was LUCKY to win 7 games a year not too long ago. Of course, I remember years when winning 7 games was a pipe dream. They are not too far from wrapping up the division already and we are not even half way into the season.

Say what you want and let the media say what they want. This team has RISEN to the challenge every single game they have played so far. We can't count on the opponents to always have a bad game. That is not how championships are won. If the Falcons win in the final seconds of a game they have played poorly or win by dominating the other team the entire game, it is still a win.

The only thing that matters is how the Falcons overcome challenges and after 7 games, they have done that about as well as can be done. That is good enough for me.

Guest Negatorris

We are beating the teams that we are supposed to beat.

We just beat a team that we were supposed to lose to.

Now we need to beat a team that we are suposedly equal to.

There are no teams equal to us. We are the best.

I usually don't care, but some times it does annoy me when I'm reading an article and there's a blatant disregard of facts. Here is a prime example. Indy is the lovechild of the media this year, so everything they do is spun into a positive manner. Here is a direct quote to give you a general idea as to what does annoy me and why, while reading NFL articles.

"Indy went into Nashville and cooled down the hot Titans, 19-13 in overtime for their second straight win."

The Titans had a whopping 2 game win streak. They beat the Steelers (a good win but it was not in Pitt, at home in Tenn) and they beat the crappy Bills. Not only that, they won both games collectively by 4 points. There was absolutely nothing "hot" about the Titans. They got embarrassed 30-7 by Minnesota before that "hot" 2 game win streak. It's ridiculous. Meanwhile, in that same article, Philly "looks all but done". They are 3-4. They beat the Ravens and Giants at home. They are in the mix. But since we dominated them, they must be done.

Yeah, I know, if you don't like them, stop reading them. The problem is, I love football, watching it, reading about it, etc. ****, I'm on a freaking football message board for Christ's sake, so obviously I don't want to just stop reading football. I would just prefer if the articles I read were more objectively written.

Let me 1st say that I agree with you, " 7-0" & the conversation could stop right there. I don't care that someone is speaking on us, but if they are gonna speak on us, then give us our respect. 7 wins for far too often used to be the ceiling instead of the floor with us, so what this franchise & individual team has done or is doing demands way more than "we've just gotten lucky" We deserve for them to chronicle where we have come from, we deserve to be spoken on as talented,smart, tough, poised, & confident. After all luck= preparation + opportunity & So when those pundits speak on the Atlanta Falcons, I'm not accepting that" we should just be happy to be nominated" no we are here to take home the prize, & they don't have to claim we are the greatest team to ever put on cleats, but we are far from just being "lucky".

I did not care what fans of other teams or the media said about the games the team has played so far. I do not about what they say about the next game either. I don't care about the Saints being bad, or the this team or that team being good. THE FALCONS HAVE WON 7 GAMES after only playing 7 games. Do some of you not get that? This is a team that was LUCKY to win 7 games a year not too long ago. Of course, I remember years when winning 7 games was a pipe dream. They are not too far from wrapping up the division already and we are not even half way into the season.

Say what you want and let the media say what they want. This team has RISEN to the challenge every single game they have played so far. We can't count on the opponents to always have a bad game. That is not how championships are won. If the Falcons win in the final seconds of a game they have played poorly or win by dominating the other team the entire game, it is still a win.

The only thing that matters is how the Falcons overcome challenges and after 7 games, they have done that about as well as can be done. That is good enough for me.

Right on brother, I hope all the sports channels just give us a mild through our day and roll onto the next.

I usually don't care, but some times it does annoy me when I'm reading an article and there's a blatant disregard of facts. Here is a prime example. Indy is the lovechild of the media this year, so everything they do is spun into a positive manner. Here is a direct quote to give you a general idea as to what does annoy me and why, while reading NFL articles.

"Indy went into Nashville and cooled down the hot Titans, 19-13 in overtime for their second straight win."

The Titans had a whopping 2 game win streak. They beat the Steelers (a good win but it was not in Pitt, at home in Tenn) and they beat the crappy Bills. Not only that, they won both games collectively by 4 points. There was absolutely nothing "hot" about the Titans. They got embarrassed 30-7 by Minnesota before that "hot" 2 game win streak. It's ridiculous. Meanwhile, in that same article, Philly "looks all but done". They are 3-4. They beat the Ravens and Giants at home. They are in the mix. But since we dominated them, they must be done.

Yeah, I know, if you don't like them, stop reading them. The problem is, I love football, watching it, reading about it, etc. ****, I'm on a freaking football message board for Christ's sake, so obviously I don't want to just stop reading football. I would just prefer if the articles I read were more objectively written.

I'm with you on this..

Whats more suprising is how the whole preception is slanted. For example when the inconsistant Packers went in and wiped the floor with the Texans, the majority of Analysts proclaimed.."There're Back!" They continued to play well over these next few games.

Had the Packers been coming off a bye week with a match-up against the Eagles..most people would have picked the packers. Despite an Eagles loss, I doubt there would have been near as much made of it. There were no turnovers or terribly glaring mistakes to point to. The preception would be that they got beat by a superior team.

On the other side of the coin we have the Falcons. The Analysts have spent the last 2 weeks commenting that we are probably not the best team in the NFC, We barely beat the Panthers, We've had an easy schedule..and oh yeah..Andy Reid never loses after a Bye week. "The Eagles will WIN!"

The 6-0 Falcons arrived in Philly and completey dominated in all 3 phases. Scoring on their first 6 possessions. They weren't even forced to punt until way late into the game. The coaching and play calling were equally impressive. Anyone watching could see a highly efficient team with multiple ways to score.

After seeing this display of dominance I expected the majority to acknowledge that "These Falcons are for Real". Instead the overall theme is that the Eagles are falling apart..and have lost yet another game they should have won.

We have a few supporters..very few considering what the team has accomplished to this point. Guess the boys will stay hungry and keep plugging away.