Espn Insider Rumors Talking About Spoons Ankle

The Philadelphia Eagles had been 13-0 in games following a bye during the Andy Reid era; Sunday's result was the first bad mark on that formerly pristine record, as the Atlanta Falcons came into Lincoln Financial Field and gave Reid's charges a solid beating before scurrying away to avoid the hurricane. While Atlanta proved to be more adept in all phases of the game, they did not come away from the contest unscathed: WLB Sean Weatherspoon injured his ankle during the fourth quarter and had to be carted off.

According to Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, Weatherspoon will undergo an MRI on the damaged joint on Monday, per a source. The belief now is optimistic, that it was a minor injury and not a dreaded high ankle sprain.

The Falcons have Robert James and Mike Peterson on hand as backups should Weatherspoon miss any time, and we'll have a better sense of his prognosis for Week 9 after the MRI results are disclosed.

I would hope that he was rested as a precaution for the Cowboys game. Suit him up if that is possible but let the next man up have his fair share of the snaps. One game does not a winning season make so to speak. IE better he's healthy for NO the following week and the rest of the season!!

PAT SCHILLER-TIME??????????

Edited by leftfield

Yeah we will need him against graham and those crossing routes. The saints already have our game circled on their calendars I'm sure. Dallas will be tough but I can't wait for the saints game.

Well, yeah. At this point all the saints can hope for is "moral victories" <snicker>

Yeah, I doubt he plays next week...and maybe for a few weeks if its even a 'normal' ankle sprain.

Peterson/James and call up Schiller if you hafta.

Its good to have Nicholas back at least...and I think Corey Peters is probably just as important to our run defense as any of the LB's.

What is with all of this eyoreism?